NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Lakers actively trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins in trade with Kings

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources: Lakers are actively trying to construct trade scenarios to acquire Kings' DeMarcus Cousins. Link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...cramento-kings

Feels like a total panic move.

Default Re: Lakers actively trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins in trade with Kings

If they do this shit I'll be pissed.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Lakers actively trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins in trade with Kings

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Why? Cousins is awesome.

Depends on what the trade is also but Cousins is an incredible talent.. Having him on your team is nothing to be pissed about

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Yes, I'm pretty sure Kings will ask for the moon with the number 2 pick, Randle and Clarkson. And Cousins is not the type of player that can turn the franchise around. There's gonna be a lot of bickering and frustration on trying to win 30 games with the team having no real direction. To me it's another patch job. Lakers should just set the foundation ( young guys) and build from them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Yes, I'm pretty sure Kings will ask for the moon with the number 2 pick, Randle and Clarkson. And Cousins is not the type of player that can turn the franchise around. There's gonna be a lot of bickering and frustration on trying to win 30 games with the team having no real direction. To me it's another patch job. Lakers should just set the foundation ( young guys) and build from them.
    I've read Cousins to LA, Vucevic and the 5th pick to Sac, 2nd and 6th picks to Orlando. Part of the talk was apparently that the kings are in love with Mario and want to move up to stop Orlando taking him.

All I see is The Lakers fooling themselves into believing they can compete for Kobe one more year before he retires. That's what all this Dwade and Cousins talk tells me.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Definitely want Cousins but don't want to give up Clarkson, Randle and the #2 to get him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    Definitely want Cousins but don't want to give up Clarkson, Randle and the #2 to get him.
    I agree. If I were the lakers I'd take this year as a Kobe retriement tour and then next season you are set with Okafor, Clarkson and Randle to build around. A few key free agents and you could be right back in it.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Ya cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I agree. If I were the lakers I'd take this year as a Kobe retriement tour and then next season you are set with Okafor, Clarkson and Randle to build around. A few key free agents and you could be right back in it.
    This is how I see it too. At most the Kobe of today and Cousins will have you a middle of the pack Team, separately you're lottery bound. This isn't 09 Kobe or even 2013 Kobe. This is post achillies Kobe who can barely stay on the court.

We're gutting our future for a guy who probably wont even want the pressure that comes with playing in LA. Media ragging on your every move, LA media is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Ya cuck.
    Yet you sucking Cavs di.ck as a supposed Heat fan.

I don't think it's such a terrible idea if you traded the #2 pick for DMC. You're looking at an unpolished center in Okafor who needs a couple years to develop into a franchise level player, or aquiring arguably the best center in the league right now.

If the Lakers organization is really in on getting Kobe his final ring, isn't this the reasonable choice? The attitude thing is butter if you consider the rings Kobe and Shaq won while at eachother's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    I don't think it's such a terrible idea if you traded the #2 pick for DMC. You're looking at an unpolished center in Okafor who needs a couple years to develop into a franchise level player, or aquiring arguably the best center in the league right now.

If the Lakers organization is really in on getting Kobe his final ring, isn't this the reasonable choice? The attitude thing is butter if you consider the rings Kobe and Shaq won while at eachother's throats.

Cousins is no Shaq and Kobe isn't anything remotely close to the athletic/young Kobe he was back then, so that's no way near a good analogy...if Kobe really wants a ring, he'll find a suitor after next season coming off the bench as the 6th or 3rd option starting SG. Lakers are having pipe dreams right now in hoping to piece a title team next yr

Sounds like the Lakers aren't sold on Okafor if these rumors are true.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen

It would have been a no brainer if that best center would have that elite impact but he does not. Not only he can't take his team to another level, he also comes with extra baggage and that is his attitude. I don't like building the team to a guy who has little impact and easily susceptible to frustration and negative energy. The team has to have a strong foundation for him to get give a positive impact.