Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Worst Jazz draft pick in history

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    you guys just drafted kyle kover part deux by getting gordon.
    No, tons of differences, although, he might be able to shoot a bit like Kyle. Kyle can't dribble and handle the ball like this guy, move like him, jump as high, have as much length (he's not super lengthy, but I think he'll be much more a presence). Yeah, a little more similar to Mike Dunleavy, but still different.

Yes, I think Gordan Hayward was drafted too high, but I'll say this, Utah is the perfect team/situation for him. With the motion offense that the Jazz run, Hayward will fit right in.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Jazz take the white guy. OMG.....good times..........

Did anyone else notice Larry Bird in the background screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" when Hayward was picked? Too bad for Pacers.....couldn't get their white guy at #10.

I feel your pain, Pacer fans. We have same situation with Steph Curry last year.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    Bunch of mothafockin racist mothafockas in here, huh? I never said Hayward would be a star, but to say he'll suck b/c he's white is a joke. Does Lee suck? Hinrich? True, the NBA is mostly black, and I have no problem with that. But to just dismiss him b/c he's American white kid jus shows how retarded you actually are.

And I guarantee he will be a decent NBA player. What is with all the unathletic shit? Did ya'll not watch college basketball, or are you really that racist? He is super athletic for a white kid, and he's athletic period.
    Loving the irony...looks like you're the racist one.

Do you even think before you post?

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Morris Almond was/is better

Not airballing my layups anymore

47 for 167 from college three...ouch. I havent watch this kid play much but I hope his great off the dribble cause he will not be knocking down three's.

I was always thought White people where suppose to shoot better???

Banned

If Indiana were to pick Hayward at the 10 spot, was everyone going to call it a horrible pick like they're doing now, or does it suddenly become a pick that makes sense?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I think we should hire kevin pritchard as our GM and get shit done.
    We should but won't cuz they don't like to make changes unless forced to and he would cost too much as well. He probably wouldn't want the job. He's used to working for an owner that has money to burn.

Patterson, George, Aldrich, Henry wouldve all been better choices. Im just disgusted.
    Not sure why anyone thinks they needed those bigs or another 6'6" guard?

Dont Utah need a center?
    Yeah but not one of the skinny ones that were available. Koufos can play once the coach gets a clue.

They have Okur
    Unfortunately he's one-dimensional and should be a back-up that they are paying over 10 million a year.

Utah needed someone to Cover Boozer's Place incase he leaves. Unless they are planning on keeping him
    They are planning on keeping him. Hopefully he leaves cuz with or without him it's their strongest position. Milsap, AK and Koufos will do fine there. That's 2 of their top 3 players if Boozer does leave.

If Boozer is gone next season, it will be a long season for them.
    Considering Milsap has scored almost as much in Boozer's absence while playing at both ends of the floor I don't know how you figure?

The reports are out that Utah was VERY aggressive, but had no takers.
    What did they have to offer? If they had their own pick instead of giving it up for Korver maybe they could have got Cousins or Favors but I doubt it. Don't see what they needed with another skinny C anyway myself.

I think the Jazz will look to make a trade to get a center
    I don't. What would they offer? They don't like to make changes and won't unless forced to.

But Gordon should help save money, which should be reinvested to bring in a big man.
    If Boozer is signed they'll be investing in more minimum wage D leagers and stiffs like a year ago to fill out their 13 man roster.

Millsap is a better rebounder then Boozer anyway.
    Offensively for sure.

Millsap might be a better player then boozer by next season.
    Already is in my book.

What the jazz need is
    1st-More perimeter shooting
    2nd-More athleticism
    3rd- A shot blocker, which probably be a center
    I'd start with a new coach that likes guys to shoot on the perimeter and likes athletes and shot blockers.

Jazz get rid of Okur they have no shooting outside of Korver
    Luckily for you he's pretty much untradeable with the ridiculous extension they gave him. Matthews can shoot outside. Miles has the potential as does this kid. And Deron of course.

their offense would be screwed
    Offense hasn't been their problem.

Morris Almond was/is better
    A better scorer maybe.