Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Jordan Clarkson in 2015 draft.

Knowing what you know now about him: 1st team all rookie etc. How high would Clarkson go in the 2015 NBA draft?

Default Re: Jordan Clarkson in 2015 draft.

top5?

Local High School Star

Just as high, if not higher, than Mudiay. I actually like Clarkson's game more than Mudiay's so if Mudiay is a projected top 6 pick, Clarkson should be too.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Laker fans are the only people in the world who are high on Jordan Clarkson. No f*cking way he goes over Mudiay.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Laker fans are the only people in the world who are high on Jordan Clarkson. No f*cking way he goes over Mudiay.
    Dirk led team ....

to OP: top7

i dont get it either. Im not even sure he will be in the league in 5 years

Very good NBA starter

Undrafted

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    i dont get it either. Im not even sure he will be in the league in 5 years
    Even if he only lasts this year with the Lakers, NBA teams love to pick up former Lakers players. The Clippers especially. He'll be here in some capacity or another in 5 years.

Top 5.

You non Laker fans just don't know but this guy has elite athleticism. He is like a poor man's Westbrook the way he is able to accelerate and attack the basket. He has some of the lightest feet i have ever seen. You can't teach light feet. He is so fluid in his lower body. He also has that sudden explosion you can't teach. Some guys can jump high or run fast if you give them a head start but what you want is that sudden explosion from a standstill position. He's going to be a good one, with possible all star talent. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    So your argument is that a player that has never faced serious competition beoynd high school and played in shit tier Chinese league is better than nba all rookie team type of player?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Top 5.

You non Laker fans just don't know but this guy has elite athleticism. He is like a poor man's Westbrook the way he is able to accelerate and attack the basket. He has some of the lightest feet i have ever seen. You can't teach light feet. He is so fluid in his lower body. He also has that sudden explosion you can't teach. Some guys can jump high or run fast if you give them a head start but what you want is that sudden explosion from a standstill position. He's going to be a good one, with possible all star talent. Just watch.

Very good NBA starter

Does he magically get younger and better in 2015? I don't put much stock in players who put up numbers on a horrible team. Undrafted Langston Galloway made all rookie 2nd team. He's still probably projects to go in the 20's.

Wright, Tyus, Grant, Cameron > Clarkson

A good way to tell how naturally athletic a wing player is is by looking at them back pedaling or just moving laterally. The elite athletes move effortlessly. Like their feet is barely touching the floor and they are almost floating on air. Clarkson has that. I was high on him when i started watching his summer league games last year. He just passed the eye test right away. His movements were smoother, quicker and more fluid than almost anyone else on the court.

So he has that elite base to work with. How far he goes will depend on how much he improves his game. He is beating guys mostly with athleticism right now. You want to see him do it with skills also. When/if he can do that, he can really start to impact the game, possibly at all star levels.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Just as high, if not higher, than Mudiay. I actually like Clarkson's game more than Mudiay's so if Mudiay is a projected top 6 pick, Clarkson should be too.
    In that case the Lakers should draft Russell @ 2 and trade Clarkson for the 6th pick and draft WCS.

Russell, WCS, and Randle >> Clarkson, Okafor, and Randle.