Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #76
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Could Kobe get to the Knicks eventually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo484
My initial post was only in response to the "15 million to spend" remark. I agree that the Bulls have an enviable situation right now. Pax'll have to make some quick decisions, though, cuz Gordon and Deng are (I think) expiring after this year.
Paxson front loaded the contracts of Wallace and Hinrich so he can backload the contracts of Deng and Gordon and it'll even it all out a bit.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #77
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo484
My initial post was only in response to the "15 million to spend" remark. I agree that the Bulls have an enviable situation right now. Pax'll have to make some quick decisions, though, cuz Gordon and Deng are (I think) expiring after this year.

Point taken, you were right, my initial comments were off/worded poorly.

The only people they have locked for 2010 are Nocioni (7.5, I don't know if its frontloaded or what) and Hinrich (9.0).

Gordon and Deng are expiring after this year, which makes me nervous. I anticipate Gordon to do 10-13 and Deng 11-13 or something like that.

I anticipate Paxson re-signing them both at that price, see how the team does and make moves accordingly. It all depends on how these players progress.

Best case scenario they don't have to sign or trade for anyone, worst case is Thomas doens't do anything, Noah doesn't and Gordon and Deng are what they are. I think Hinrich will only get moderately better, which is fine.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #78
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

This is probably the best offer NY could make*:

(Malik Rose & Crawford) or Marbury - Both Marbury and Rose have one more year left on their contracts. If they'd rather save money they go with just Marbury, if they want a SG to keep they take Rose and JC.

F.Jones - expirer
Dickau - expirer

Lee
Balkman
2#1's

*I don't know if they Lakers would want Curry with Bynum on board, or Randolph with his contract and issues..if so they could be subsituted in.

for

Kobe
V-Rad
Vujacic

LAKERS

Crittenton / Farmar / Fisher
Crawford / Evans / F.Jones
Odom / Walton / Balkman
Lee / Turiaf / M.Rose
Bynum / Mihm / K.Brown

KNICKS

Marbury / Collins
Bryant / Nate Rob / Vujacic
Richardson / Chandler / Jeffries
Randolph / VRad
Curry / R. Morris / James
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #79
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

the even bigger black guy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar

Deng isn't going anywhere
Hinrich isn't going anywhere
Wallace isn't going anywhere

If the Lakers ask for too much, forget it.

In the summer of 2010, Wallace's 15 million comes off, and ironically, there are LOTS of free agents (LeBron, Wade, and the rest of the gang).

Deng, Gordon, Thomas ect will just be entering their primes. I'm sure there will be plenty of all-star big men who'd take 15 million to come on THAT Bulls team with those players in their prime..

Paxson has a vision and patience. He knew what he was getting into blowing it up and rebuilding. I think the success they have had is a surprise to all, including him, and now he has a variety of options to add another key piece.

where, exactly, is the irony?
the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #80

Quote:
Either way, once Deng, Gordon, Thomas, Hinrich are in their primes, I think people will be saying they need a "superstar" less. They'll have 15 million to spend on somebody and SOMEBODY will take it.

And there have been countless NBAers who have left via free agency, especially to good teams, cities and organizations. As a Bulls fan, my faith lies in Paxson. He has made nothing but the correct moves since he's been in charge of the Bulls.

The core's (Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Thomas, Noah) average age is 23 years old, and they are already a legit playoff contender. I have no worries that other players would want to come to play on that team in its prime.

how will they have 15 mil? do you honestly think they will be AT the cap when ben expires and drop 15 below it when he comes off the books? they will be way over the cap by then once they extend gordon, deng, etc.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #81

Quote:
What a beautiful thought. I'd love to see this team grow and mature together and what they'd be in their primes.

Hinrich will become more consistent and less turnover prone (a savvy veteran Hinrich is a nice idea)

Gordon WILL be 25+ ppg

Deng will be 22-25, 7 boards a game

Thomas will be 15, 10 and 3 blocks, 2 steals

Noah will be 8-12ppg and 10 rebound, 2 blocks 2 steals.

what are you smoking?

thomas and noah both over two blocks and two steals a game???
Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #82
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
It can be DONE my friend. You are failing to realize that Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are up for new contracts(LARGE CONTRACTS), therefore making the trade more than possible. Thank you
Well maybe i'm being biased, but with all the free agents that are coming in 09/10 i would take Marbury contract over Deng in a heartbeat, but yes Deng with a larger contract would make the deal possible.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #83
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bringing in Kwame and Radmonivich was a great move.

Lakers GM doesn't know what the **** he is doing. Mistake after mistake, and now they have a bunch of injured, b-level players with no trade value and 19year old kid who may or may not have what it takes.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #84
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley

(Malik Rose & Crawford) or Marbury - Both Marbury and Rose have one more year left on their contracts. If they'd rather save money they go with just Marbury, if they want a SG to keep they take Rose and JC.

F.Jones - expirer
Dickau - expirer

Lee
Balkman
2#1's

*I don't know if they Lakers would want Curry with Bynum on board, or Randolph with his contract and issues..if so they could be subsituted in.

for

Kobe
V-Rad
Vujacic

LAKERS

Odom / Walton / Balkman
Lee / Turiaf / M.Rose
Bynum / Mihm / K.Brown

KNICKS

Marbury / Collins
Randolph / VRad

UGLY !!!
The Knicks need a 3rd team to move some pieces.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #85
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley

F.Jones - expirer
Dickau - expirer

Lee
Balkman
2#1's

for

Kobe
V-Rad
Vujacic

LAKERS

Odom / Walton / Balkman
Lee / Turiaf / M.Rose
Bynum / Mihm / K.Brown

KNICKS

Marbury / Collins
Randolph / VRad

UGLY !!!
The Knicks need a 3rd team to move some pieces.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: