Default Larry Brown: Mudiay would fit Sixers perfectly

Larry Brown: Mudiay would fit Sixers perfectly

DALLAS - When it's time for the 76ers to pick in the NBA draft in late June, Southern Methodist coach Larry Brown thinks Emmanuel Mudiay would be a tremendous fit.

A 6-foot-5 point guard, Mudiay had committed to SMU before changing his mind to play professionally in China. When asked if Mudiay would be a good addition in Philadelphia, the former Sixers coach didn't hesitate.

"They would have a parade if they got him in the draft," Brown said before SMU's practice Wednesday at Moody Coliseum as the Mustangs prepared for a home game Thursday against Temple. "I don't mean a championship parade [but] just he's that good."

How good?

"He reminds me a lot of [Washington Wizards point guard] John Wall," said Brown, noting Mudiay can defend, rebound, and make other players better. "He is physically gifted and he has a great feel."

Brown thinks the addition of Mudiay would complement the young nucleus.

"To go with Joel [Embiid] and [Nerlens] Noel, [Michael] Carter-Williams, I think he would be phenomenal, and [with] the way Brett coaches," Brown said, showing his admiration for Sixers coach Brett Brown.

Mudiay won't turn 19 until next month.

"We would be 1, 2, or 3 in the country if he was here," Brown said."

As it is, the 21-5 Mustangs are ranked 21st nationally and lead the American Athletic Conference with a 12-2 mark. Temple (19-7, 10-3) has won seven in a row.

Brown was asked if Mudiay could be the shooting guard since the Sixers already have Carter-Williams at the point.

"No, MCW would play the two and that is not knocking him," Brown said. "This kid [Mudiay] I said [when he was] in high school I thought he could start on half the NBA teams, and I don't doubt that."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...kRlRK4mFDQu.99
    Last edited by Lebron23; 02-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Larry Brown: Mudiay would fit Sixers perfectly

Rating your own thread 5 stars with no one posting in it.

Lame.

Larry Brown is crap at evaluating talent. I hope he didn't konex jinx Mudiay.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Larry Brown is crap at evaluating talent. I hope he didn't konex jinx Mudiay.
    Haha why you don't like Larry Hughes and Dalembert? Great picks from LB

btw I was thinking the same thing haha like "damn mudiay must suck if LB is in love with him." I love LB as a coach I think he could make a 60 year old a useful NBA player but he is awful at evaluating talent.

Banned

I agree with Larry Brown here, great fit for the Sixers who desperately need a point guard, and also for the Lakers, allowing us to move Clarkson to the 2

Banned

Was that bump worthy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Was that bump worthy?
    Totally.