Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Safe To Say 2016 Cavs Are the Best Team Ever

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Why you mad tho? Coz the truth hurts?
    Hey, look everyone!! It's insidehoops' resident jizz-rag!!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Hey, look everyone!! It's insidehoops' resident jizz-rag!!

Yet i jizz on you.lol

Youll always be my punching bag red1. You really are a bran stan aka loser

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Yet i jizz on you.lol

Youll always be my punching bag red1. You really are a bran stan aka loser
    It's been a rough few years for you since you joined huh? Dat boy bron makes the finals 6 years in a row winning 3 championships and finals mvps.

Meanwhile knicksman:

pathetic

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    It's been a rough few years for you since you joined huh? Dat boy bron makes the finals 6 years in a row winning 3 championships and finals mvps.

Meanwhile knicksman:

pathetic

Frontrunning is for the weak bro sorry. And weak=losers. So once you admitted youre a bran stan, youre automatically a loser in my eyes

Are we forgetting that the Cavs only won 57 games? That's what's so ironic about people constantly bringing up the fact that the Cavs beat a 73 win team. They're basically trying to say that Golden State's regular season record meant something, but Cleveland's regular season record didn't. You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, the best team ever is winning more than 57 games. The best team ever isn't losing 2 playoff games in a row to the Raptors. The best team ever would not find themselves in a 1-3 deficit.

The Warriors were a bunch of frauds.

Cavs were okay.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Are we forgetting that the Cavs only won 57 games? That's what's so ironic about people constantly bringing up the fact that the Cavs beat a 73 win team. They're basically trying to say that Golden State's regular season record meant something, but Cleveland's regular season record didn't. You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, the best team ever is winning more than 57 games. The best team ever isn't losing 2 playoff games in a row to the Raptors. The best team ever would not find themselves in a 1-3 deficit.
    Are you forgetting that the cavs had several players that missed the offseason and time during the season due to injury? Even when they came back the team had to gel and the players had to get up to speed. The starting center mozgov was basically a shell of himself after having offseason knee surgery. The cavs also changed coaches during the season. This wasn't a team playing in peak form throughout the regular season. The cavs went 10-0 before losing two straight in one of the toughest places to play in the league. I guess they aren't allowed to lose any games?

While you point out the two losses, you may have forgotten that the cavs had the largest margin of victory in wins in conference finals history against the raptors.

Being down 3-1 to golden state is not a knock on them. Great players and teams have been down before. But, it's not about how you fall but how you get back up. I don't think the cavs are the best team all time but I think they're top 5 or on the outside looking in on the top 5. I always felt that way after watching them post trades in 2015. They're a special team and would have won the title in 2015 if healthy.
    Last edited by moongaze; 07-21-2016 at 01:36 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Safe to say 2007 NY Giants are the best team ever. Amirite?

They're definitely top 10 all time.

Top 3 back-court of all time

Dennis Rodman-esque Tristan Thompson

Dirk-esque Kevin Love

Solid Bench.

If they had a solid starting small forward they would be top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    They're definitely top 10 all time.

Top 3 back-court of all time

Dennis Rodman-esque Tristan Thompson

Dirk-esque Kevin Love

Solid Bench.

If they had a solid starting small forward they would be top 3.
    they're not even a top 3 backcourt in the league right now and I don't need to say anything about that 2nd line.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    they're not even a top 3 backcourt in the league right now and I don't need to say anything about that 2nd line.

But they won against a 73-10 team

That makes them historically great right?

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

People forget that some teams simply just matchup better than others. It's not a matter of if A>B, and B>C, then A>C. It's more of a game of rock-paper-scissors where one team's strength is another team's weakness, and vice versa.

On another note, this is gonna be a long-ass offseason if people continue making stupid threads like this. Not even sure why I bother.

Is it really that far fetched? (Top 3 right now) I'd take Kyrie over any pg in a 7 game series and jr is one of the sickest 3 ball shooters and is only second to curry as far as amount of games with 8 3 point makes or better. Not saying they are the best but it's arguable
    Last edited by moongaze; 07-21-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moongaze
    Is it really that far fetched? (Top 3 right now) I'd take Kyrie over any pg in a 7 game series and jr is one of the sickest 3 ball shooters and is only second to curry as far as amount of games with 8 3 point makes or better. Not saying they are the best but it's arguable
    yes it is. JR's a great shooter, reddick is better and I take CP3 over Kyrie in any situation. Idc how badly Curry choked, I'm taking Curry/Thompson over them too. Add on Portland's backcourt of Lillard Mccollum since Mccollum is just too good of a scorer and lowry/derozan(yes even with how bad they were in the playoffs). They're just most likely not even top 3 right now, top 3 all time is absolutely far fetched, there are easily 20 backcourts better than Kyrie/JR all time.

yes it is. JR's a great shooter, reddick is better and I take CP3 over Kyrie in any situation. Idc how badly Curry choked, I'm taking Curry/Thompson over them too. Add on Portland's backcourt of Lillard Mccollum since Mccollum is just too good of a scorer and lowry/derozan(yes even with how bad they were in the playoffs). They're just most likely not even top 3 right now, top 3 all time is absolutely far fetched, there are easily 20 backcourts better than Kyrie/JR all time.
    Cp3 and reddick over Kyrie and jr is almost laughable to me. Jr has outplayed reddick in their matchups and Kyrie, when healthy, usually torches cp3 and he's won like the last six games he's played in against him. Even before lebron came back Kyrie's teams were beating cp3s. Def not taking cp3 over Kyrie in the playoffs, clutch situations and def not against curry . Kyrie outplayed curry in the finals but I'd give the nod to the splash bros cause klay to me much better than jr. Curry didn't choke, either . His career playoff numbers have always been worse than his regular season numbers.
    Haven't seen enough of mocullum to compare but we already know what Kyrie can do to lillard. Top 3 all time is a stretch but right now I'd take Kyrie and jr over every backcourt but splash bros.
    Last edited by moongaze; 07-21-2016 at 04:28 AM.