Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Duncan v Stoudemire

Amare was such an animal, it sucks that his prime was destroyed beyond his physical control. I miss old Amare.

Those battles with Duncan were amazing to watch. Duncan is the GOAT PF but Amare killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Amare was a stat-padding expert in those Suns days.
    homie if you look at that vid you'd see him giving suns critical buckets and stops while going against prime tim duncan. That's lebron james stat padding then and it basically means dominating the game. good trolling tho.

Holy shit Amare was a beast that series.

41/9
    37/8
    34/11
    31/5
    42/16

Against prime Duncan.

Banned

Can you imagine Amare mentored by Pop, and had an entire system built for him instead of a reckless Suns offense?

Probably would be 4/4 with 4 FMVP's and a top 10 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Holy shit Amare was a beast that series.

41/9
    37/8
    34/11
    31/5
    42/16

Against prime Duncan.
    The Spurs did gameplan to make Amare beat us by turning him into a high usage player and staying at home with their shooters...but he had one heck of a series.

Very good NBA starter

Yea the plan was to make Amare a scorer and stay home on shooters... It worked... Suns were the #1 overall seed and were nearly swept... Prime Amare was a joy to watch though

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
    Amare was such an animal, it sucks that his prime was destroyed beyond his physical control. I miss old Amare.

Those battles with Duncan were amazing to watch. Duncan is the GOAT PF but Amare killed him.
    maybe in stats but not impact as the game is played on offense AND defense. Duncan is and was a monster and he is the type of player that has a much bigger impact than his stats. Don't let his peaceful face trick you, duncan is as killer as they come, he just keeps to himself. The fact that he reinvented his style at an old age and SA won a ring and contended with him a central piece (you read this right) truly proves his greatness.

lmao at any stat geek that thinks duncan isn't the most important player on his team for all his career. From day one. Even so with idiotic snubs like 2007 FMVP or no DPOYs he is still at
    5 rings
    3 fmvp (shoulda been more)
    2 mvps (lol steve nash)
    8 times first D team, 6 times second D team.
    on talented but not historically stacked teams going against the shaq&kobe lakers, the bron/wade/bosh heat and some great mavs teams.

Duncan is a imo top 5 GOAT and probably the most underrated GOAT.

Very good NBA starter

Spurs scoring in that 2005 series:

27.4 ppg / .53 FG% - Duncan

22.2 ppg / .49 FG% - Ginobili

20.4 ppg / .46 FG% - Parker

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    2005 WCF G5 Spurs at Suns

Amare 42 Pts, 16 Rebs, 4 Blks,
    Duncan 31 Pts, 15 Rebs, 3 Blks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3YYKTZwnd0
    Watching that clip reminds me of how overrated Nash was. People liked to credit Nash for Amare's beasting, but so much of that was not assisted on and had Amare taking Duncan off the dribble. Duncan is a great defender, so taking him off the dribble in the post is quite the accomplishment. If only Amare knew how to play defense too, he could have had one of the all time high peaks. Shame he had all of those injuries that ruined the second half of his career.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The Spurs did gameplan to make Amare beat us by turning him into a high usage player and staying at home with their shooters...but he had one heck of a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Watching that clip reminds me of how overrated Nash was. People liked to credit Nash for Amare's beasting, but so much of that was not assisted on and had Amare taking Duncan off the dribble. Duncan is a great defender, so taking him off the dribble in the post is quite the accomplishment. If only Amare knew how to play defense too, he could have had one of the all time high peaks. Shame he had all of those injuries that ruined the second half of his career.
    Defense and better knees=Top 5 player in the league. And a possible suns championship.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Watching Nash's final year in Phoenix on that team convinced me Nash isn't overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

Look at Nash assist totals after Stoudamire left. The Dude knows offense.

The 04/05 Spurs are probably the best Spurs team in franchise history.

You had prime Duncan, Parker, and Manu all at their collective best. Not to mention Bowen, all-defensive wing, and more than enough depth at center and shooting on the wings.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 09-01-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Stoudemire does not look as athletic as Blake Griffin
    He wasn't. You can easily see this when you see Griffin's dexterity when ISOing the ball. He has surprisingly great handles. I don't think have ever seen Amar'e do things like that. He pretty much would face up and try to blow/power past his defender and lower the shoulder. Personally I feel Griffin is a slight notch above Amar'e in terms of athletic-ism.