Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: The great Dante Exum against Dragic today...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Borderline all star vs an 18 year old with not so much as a game played in the nba. And the nba player played more than twice the minutes....

People honestly think it matters?
    What does matter, then? A highly hyped basketball player played horrible basketball in a winnable game. Since we are discussing a basketball player playing basketball, I would think him playing basketball today in that manner matters.

I get it, nothing really matters. However, for the sake of the thread, his play today matters.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    The only ones even arguable there are Paul and Westbrook. And even then Dragic dominated them both head to head.

John wall isn't even in the conversation.
    It's not arguable at all for Westbrook and CP3, they're just better. Curry too.

Everyone else I'll give you 'arguable' considering Dragic was really, really good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    What are you smoking?

Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, and John Wall were all better.
    Westbrook > Paul > Curry > Dragic > Wall > Lillard

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    What does matter, then? A highly hyped basketball player played horrible basketball in a winnable game. Since we are discussing a basketball player playing basketball, I would think him playing basketball today in that manner matters.

I get it, nothing really matters. However, for the sake of the thread, his play today matters.
    He's expected to play behind Trey Burke who wasn't even a starting caliber pg himself last year. He's supposed to match up against Dragic favorably?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    It's not arguable at all for Westbrook and CP3, they're just better. Curry too.

Everyone else I'll give you 'arguable' considering Dragic was really, really good last year.
    Better how? Even when we have objective measurements like head to head statistics pointing to the contrary?

There's no way in hell any of those guys could do more on Phoenix than Dragic did last season. Perhaps in prior seasons they were better, but 2013-2014 was the year of the dragon.

The only ones even arguable there are Paul and Westbrook. And even then Dragic dominated them both head to head.

John wall isn't even in the conversation.

John Wall averaged 19/9/4 on 43.3% shooting last season

Goran Dragic averaged 20/6/3 on 50% shooting

Wall is the better passer and defender. Dragic was a slightly better scorer. To say that Wall isn't atleast as good or better than Dragic last season makes you sound extremely retarded.

And even then Dragic dominated them both head to head.
    He didn't "dominate" Westbrook. He didn't even "dominate" Kyle Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    What does matter, then?
    Games in the NBA matter far more. Next up would be the Olympics and then FIBA. But even then, Dragic was going to outplay the kid.

Banned

[/B][/B]
    John Wall averaged 19/9/4 on 43.3% shooting last season

Goran Dragic averaged 20/6/3 on 50% shooting

Wall is the better passer and defender. Dragic was a slightly better scorer. To say that Wall isn't atleast as good or better than Dragic last season makes you sound extremely retarded.
    Dragic is the better defensive player, better floor general, and much better shooter.

Wall is out of control a lot of the time and a poor decision maker.

The only reason a guy like him is even mention in the same breath in Dragic is because he's black and has commercials, not his actual ability.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Games in the NBA matter far more. Next up would be the Olympics and then FIBA. But even then, Dragic was going to outplay the kid.
    Yes he did. He came into LA and took a huge shit on Chris Paul and the Clippers, winning by 30.

Also won the season series vs the Thunder.

Yes he did.
    No he didn't.

Banned

Yes he did. He came into LA and took a huge shit on Chris Paul and the Clippers, winning by 30.

Also won the season series vs the Thunder and owned Westbrook in crunch time

Banned

No he didn't.
    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...nent/14/24/339

Thats why I love the beauty of objective figures, rather than media hype

Dragic is the better defensive player, better floor general, and much better shooter.

Wall is out of control a lot of the time and a poor decision maker.

The only reason a guy like him is even mention in the same breath in Dragic is because he's black and has commercials, not his actual ability.
    John Wall averaged 9 assists last season... Dragic averaged slightly less than 6! How does that make Dragic the better floor general? If we're talking about handles and decision making, then Dragic is better. Also, I think Wall was the more superior defender. Dragic was good, but Wall was better IMO.

And the last part of your post... completely false. Race has NOTHING to do with who's the better player.

Banned

Dude, Wall averaged 9 assists last season... Dragic averaged slightly less than 6! How does that make Dragic the better floor general? If we're talking about handles and decision making, then Dragic is better. Furthermore, I think Wall was the more superior defender. Dragic was good, but Wall was better IMO.

And the last part of your post... completely false.
    Dragic is the better floor general because he knows how to control the pace of the game. Wall can only go at one speed or pace or flow of the game.

Also Wall's teammates were far superior to what Dragic had and Dragic still had a better record while playing out West and his 2nd best player being injured most of the season.

The link actually backed up my claim. Dragic didn't outplay either Westbrook or Lowry

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...file/14/28/405

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...14-03-16/14/28

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...file/14/21/306

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...14-04-06/14/21

Says that Dragic switched to SG when Bledsoe played, but even then... metrics say Brook and Lowry were better individually in those meeting I listed.