Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

He has been far too passive he really needs to look for his shot more. 15PPG is not good enough really for a player of his quailty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He seems so passive. There were multiple possessions late in the 4th where I thought he should have looked to score.

The fouls (and turnovers to some degree) were what really frustrated me though. Some were deserving, others
    He has to play more legit and quit being passive. Last season, he was very aggressive in offense and drawing fouls or flops. Paul had a knack or his flops usually got the defender in foul trouble, therefore, they would play him loose. He would eat them up.

This year with the new rule, his defenders are hardly in foul trouble and can play him much more aggressive which causes Paul to be much more passive as he's indecisive where he usually gets bailed out with a flop.

How would you feel if the clips let Paul walk and signed on Bledsoe as starting point guard? It might also put the clips financially better off too

Good High School Starter

Unfortunately for CP3 he's got to face Jeff Teague tomorrow.

Teague brought Kemba's hot streak to a halt and handed out 12 dimes w/ 13 points in 29 minutes. Hopefully Larry Drew will actually play him more than 30 minutes.

Banned

lakers will take him

u can have pau

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    lakers will take him

u can have pau
    Nah can't

BASKETBALL REASONS.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He seems so passive. There were multiple possessions late in the 4th where I thought he should have looked to score.

The fouls (and turnovers to some degree) were what really frustrated me though. Some were deserving, others
    i feel that way a little bit.

he feels that he can turn it up whenever he wants. It didnt work that way in that OKC game where they could have won if Chris Paul would have starting looking to score at the beginning

Jamal Crawford is a great scorer but i dont think he should be their leading scorer if they wanna win a championship which i do think they have the capability of doing. It should be Blake or Chris Paul.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I believe Griffin needs to get better if the team wants to go far. While he has improved on his jumper, he should have more of an impact and he needs the ball during the 4th quarter. He is raw, but can still get points.

But CP3 will eventually be alright. He has been passive lately, but that's always been a bit of knock on him except in the 4th quarter.

CP3 could bounce back though. We'll see. Last year, it seemed like he can turn his offense on anytime he wants to. This year, not as much. But I have a feeling he'll get to that level again. He did it this season, but he is having a bad stretch atm.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    How would you feel if the clips let Paul walk and signed on Bledsoe as starting point guard? It might also put the clips financially better off too
    Honestly... I wouldn't be upset if Bledsoe got a 5 year deal for half the price, CP3 walked and Clippers used the 15+ mill they can clear for a top tier SG and or SF. Manu, Mayo, Ellis, Iggy, Pierce, AK47 and many others that could be available depending on how player/team options shake out.

Bledsoe+Ellis+Pierce+Griffin+DJ for example would be pretty sick. If you're wondering, YES the Clippers will have the cap for that. Lots of stuff like Odom's 8 mill coming off the books this summer plus CP3 walking would clear up 18+ mill obviously.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I would trade you him for deron in a second.

Also CP3 deferring to Jamal so much in 4th quarters this year is WTF worthy in itself. Sure Jamal is deadly and clutch but this is freaking CP3 we are talking about. It's almost like him and Blake are scared of the 4th quarter this year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Russell Westbrook and a draft pick for Chris Paul. Lets get this done. Imagine WB and Griffin on a fast break... The most athletic team of all-time, easily.

In today's game he made horrible decisions down to stretch, pretty unusual for what I saw of him before.

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    In today's game he made horrible decisions down to stretch, pretty unusual for what I saw of him before.
    It's been that way in every loss pretty much and even in the wins he struggled at times in the clutch. How do you go from most clutch player in NBA last year to being a choke when you have more talent to work with? It's so freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Russell Westbrook and a draft pick for Chris Paul. Lets get this done. Imagine WB and Griffin on a fast break... The most athletic team of all-time, easily.
    I'd do it for sure. Because I know that when Griffin gets all passive... Westbrook will have no problem being THE guy and jacking up 30 shots. He may not take them but at least he won't back down from it.

Westbrook and Rondo are two PG's I'd take right now for CP3 straight up. I think both might be a better fit for the team for different reasons. Westbrook because he would be fearless go to player who has clutch game as well and stay aggressive every time down the floor. Rondo because he would make Blake explode as the 1st option and get the 3 point shooters better looks.