Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TJ4'D's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

So trying to obscure the shooters vision is wack? That makes a lot of sense.

Should they just not even put a hand up or what?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

I see nothing wrong with it. Its good defense to try and mess up the shot.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

New tactic? Lol, have you ever played basketball before?

Banned

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    New tactic? Lol, have you ever played basketball before?
    , no they haven't. People like Battier aren't even defending the ball. He's going right for Kobe face when he jumps.

That's wack.

Not everybody is gifted with the natural athletic ability of the Kobe's of the world, so giving the lesser players a chance to disrupt a shot and not give a clean look at the rim is always a good idea on defense. Also, this is not a new tactic...

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    , no they haven't. People like Battier aren't even defending the ball. He's going right for Kobe face when he jumps.

That's wack.
    What, exactly is he to do? When Kobe elevates for a jumpshot, Battie, along with every other defender, doesn't have the jump speed and length to get up and block a jumpshot. Contesting the shot is more effective with blocking the view of the player rather than risking hitting the wrist of a shot they can't block.
    Last edited by Showtime; 03-16-2008 at 04:40 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I've always been taught to do that when you aren't going to be able to get close to the ball. I coached for a year and had an especially short team. I taught every one of my players that tactic. Why let them have a good look at the rim?

Banned

Why is everyone acting like I don'y know what I'm talking about.

Do you people even WATCH the game?

Somebody get in this thread and co-sign what I'm talking about.

Sugar K

as long as it works... adelman made brad miller do the same to kevin garnett in the playoffs before xD

HeartHustleHope

I do it.

Future D1 Dad

it seems like smart basketball to me. i don't see what's wrong w/ it. would u rather give them a clear view of the basket while they shoot? would u rather risk fouling them by going for a block? i also don't think it's "new".

Why is everyone acting like I don'y know what I'm talking about.

Do you people even WATCH the game?

Somebody get in this thread and co-sign what I'm talking about.
    We know exactly what you are talking about. You are talking about when the defender puts their hand up to block the face of the shooter.

Lets GO PENS!

who doesn't do it?!? what the **** is this thread?

RP 4 lyfe

...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.

he has been doing this the WHOLE season

STFU ****** *****