Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: better Big 3 - LBJ+Wade+Bosh or LBJ+Love+Irving

Gotta roll with LBJ, a peak Wade, and Bosh! U gotta realize only FOUR PERIMETER PLAYERS PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY combined freak athleticism, great scoring, great passing, great rebounding and great defense all in one. That's MJ, Kobe, Bron, and Wade! Having two of them on the squad was epic! They take the pressure off of each other in terms of assists, defense, and scoring. Both are also unselfish players who are used to assuming PG duties. And Bosh is one of the most skilled scoring big men in the L. Who can play away from the basket while Bron and Wade create. Bosh sacrificed being a 24 points 11 rebound big man to be a third wheel.

Kyrie is a stud and is gonna get better. In terms of scoring areas of the floor, he complements Bron better. However, Wade and Bron BOTH have better PG acumen than Irving at this point in his career. So for me the benefit of Kyrie is being to play OFF THE BALL and be a deadeye shooter. In addition to being able to break down a defense as good as anybody. In terms of Love and Bosh, of course give me Love. Is a better stretch big than Bosh, is one of the premier passing big men in the L, AND can be the best rebounder in the L.
    Last edited by bizil; 07-31-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Comparing them by the time they came together, i think it's safe to say that Wade/LBJ/CB si better trio. Wade was at his best while Kyrie has still alot to improve. Love is a bit better than 2010 Bosh but the margin is small.

That's one thing though and chemistry between them is another. Tbh i think Love blends in better with Lebron than Bosh ever did (but that remains to be seen). Wade is ball dominant and so is kyrie, it depends on how cavs use him. Wade and Lbj had a fine chemistry after season one, it remains to be seen if kyrie will benefit from Lebrons game or he will become a spot up shooter (i doubt it even though he's better than Wade in this department).

Anyways, imho Wade being by far the best teammate Lebron ever had is what makes me think that our "big three" is slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Kyrie Irving is barely a top ten point guard.

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry
    Lillard
    Wall
    Conley
    Parker
    Bledsoe/Dragic (I have no idea who counts as what)
    Lowry

How many people on that list was Irving clearly better than last year?
    Irving lands somewhere between 5-10. Probably more towards 10.

People highly overrated Irving. I think he's a great guard, has a ton of room for improvement with him being the youngest starting PG last year, but top 15 player? Please.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry
    Lillard
    Wall
    Conley
    Parker
    Lowry

Taking age, potential, and fit for the team into account, I honestly don't think I'd trade Kyrie for a single player on that list.

Obviously some of them are better now, or more accomplished (Parker, Paul, WB), but I think Kyrie is right up there with guys like Curry and Lillard among the younger Point-guards.

I'm a big fan of Dragic and also Wall. I've always liked Conley too, but he's no spring chicken anymore himself.

I feel Kyrie has a higher ceiling than most of these guys...and you can't just look at last year; our team was a mess...

I'll have to post this video yet again... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8whdU6NvI

Just look at his dream-shake on Lillard around 1:15, not to mention the crazy ankle-breakers left and right, ridiculous shooting, and obscenely Jordanesque finishing (with either hand) ability.

His passing and court-vision are also very under-rated.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 07-31-2014 at 10:05 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Taking age, potential, and fit for the team into account, I honestly don't think I'd trade Kyrie for a single player on that list.

Obviously some of them are better now, or more accomplished (Parker, Paul, WB), but I think Kyrie is right up there with guys like Curry and Lillard among the younger Point-guards.

I'm a big fan of Dragic and also Wall. I've always liked Conley too, but he's no spring chicken anymore himself.

I feel Kyrie has a higher ceiling than most of these guys...and you can't just look at last year; our team was a mess...

I'll have to post this video yet again... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR8whdU6NvI

Just look at his dream-shake on Lillard around 1:20, not to mention the crazy ankle-breakers left and right, ridiculous shooting, and obscenely Jordanesque finishing (with either hand) ability.

His passing and court-vision is also very under-rated.
    While I disagree before I agree with you here, Kyrie is EASILY a top 10 PG talent and has potential to be top 5. I would take him over Parker cause of Age/injuries and he is easily better than Conley,Bledsoe ,Lowry. Llilard and Curry only two young ones I may take over Kyrie. Westbrook and Paul of course but not many after that.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Westbrook
    Paul
    Curry
    Lillard
    Wall
    Conley
    Parker
    Lowry

The ones in bold I would probably take Irving over considering age and talent. Llilard and Iriving IMO are close, Only 3 I would definitely take is Westbrook,CP3 and Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    The ones in bold I would probably take Irving over considering age and talent. Llilard and Iriving IMO are close, Only 3 I would definitely take is Westbrook,CP3 and Curry.
    I said better than last year. I never mentioned potential.

People manipulate the system to make their own agenda.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

Wade is better Kyrie.
    Lebron is the same.
    Love is better than Bosh.

Guess it depends on the supporting cast and coaching.

'11 - '12: Wade, and Bosh > '14: Irving, and Love
    '14: Irving, and Love > '13 - '14: Wade, and Bosh

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Kyrie was pretty good last year. Our team sucked is all. You can't just look at the stats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXScndU-qo

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Kyrie was pretty good last year. Our team sucked is all. You can't just look at the stats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXScndU-qo
    He was alright. I never said he was terrible. Part of the team sucking was his fault....

Isn't FatComputerNerd the same poster who said Anthony Bennett will be better than Kevin Love? And now this? I like Kyrie and all, but he's not a top 10-15 player in the league at the moment.