Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Report: Mason Plumlee likey to make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    wtf, why punish passion?

His issue has never been his passion. People seem to like his passion. His problem is his ability to use it in a pressure situation to the best of his abilities. He seems to get frustrated a lot and his attitude shows

NBA Superstar

I do wanna see Stephen A make this about race though

If he goes on a rant about this someone make a thread for it because I want to watch it

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Plumlee is not a better overall player than cousins but he is a better and more consistent defender than him. Cousins lack of athleticism, length and most importantly lack of effort when the ball isn't in his hands is what makes him worse. I know you want to paint all Nets fans as delusional, but we're not. If Plumlee wasn't better for team USA on the court as well as off, then he wouldn't have made the team.

This is called "The Carmelo Philosophy"

If a player is more capable as an iso-scorer on offense, people will regularly label him as a "better" player than an all around guy, but then say the all around guy is a better "fit" somewhere or theyd rather take him because he works harder, or is smarter, or does multiple things etc.

This mentality that you cant say Noah is better than Carmelo or Plumlee is better than Boogie, or hell Duncan is better than MJ is basically just the result of how intensely the media has glorified iso scoring and highlights. But actually theyre simply not very meaningful in basketball.

I wish people would stop doing that. "Well, so and so isnt as good as Cousins, but I would rather have so and so." Well, that pretty much does mean hes better. Period. Stop being intimidated by silly and misguided public perception.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    His issue has never been his passion. People seem to like his passion. His problem is his ability to use it in a pressure situation to the best of his abilities. He seems to get frustrated a lot and his attitude shows
    We've never seen him in a "pressure situation" in the pros. People are just hedging their bets with him because they're PC d-bags.

Not airballing my layups anymore

good, give it to the white guy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Good, dude's a ticking time bomb. Immature prick.

Don't need boogie.

Let me call some team USA offense for you. Why do you need any post scoring when all you need are screens for Curry, Klay, Irving, Durant, George 3 point shots...

I seriously could live with Curry and Durant firing off 3 pointers on every possession.

I'm not on anybody's side here and I can understand Plumlee's selection. The team has more than enough talent.

But Team USA has had a guy like Charles Barkley represent the Olympic team twice (even after the Angola incident) and had probably more on and off court problems than Cousins had during his playing career. I know he was a better talent overall than Cousins, but if it's just about attitude, than it's inconsistent towards Cousins not being selected.

I'm going to assume this isn't just a chemistry problem, but sign of different times.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 07-31-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    This doesn't surprise me. When you play in international play your player needs to have control of the emotions in huge situations. Cousins hasn't shown this and he let's his temper get the best of him.

So f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck his talent, f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck his 23/12 season, f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck his abilities, if he can't keep his head straight he ain't going.

I love his competitive mentality, especially with being buddy-buddy with players during games and not liking it, but his immaturity gets the best of him a lot of times too.
    then Chris Paul should have never been a member of Team USA

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Two totally different players and attitudes. What a stupid f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking post you made.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    He's immature but not to the point where it's a distraction, as far as I know.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Cousins has gotten coaches fired and players benched. When things aren't going his way, he pouts and quits. He puts up meaningless stats, so far, on a horrendous team. Jimmer, IMO, could've thrived in Sacramento, but Cousins made sure he didn't.

I will laugh if Plumlee makes it over him, but I don't hope for his downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    He's immature but not to the point where it's a distraction, as far as I know.
    Why did Barkley make the Olympic team in 92 ? Why did he make it again in 96 after the Angola incident during 92 ?

Is it just different philosophies from the squads back then to the current one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Two totally different players and attitudes. What a stupid f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking post you made.
    both are extremely hot tempered. And let there emotions effect their games. I would say the CP3 has had more of a history than Boogie thus far in their careers. CP3s biggest weakness is his temper.

Getting mad and throwing himself around looking for fouls in crucial moments of a game...losing his temper and fouling guys after turnovers...getting full of himself and looking for fouls on 80 foot 3s for no reason...CP3 has mad shitty decision every time he has been tested in pressure situations. Most of the time it has to do with his temperament. Its just that he is small and has a nice smile. Everyone just forgets about all the cheapshots, I think he actually did it in international competition as well.

edit: yea, he gave a low blow in international comp. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...nba-style-too/
    -the same kind of low blow he gave to Julius Hodge and has one in the NBA. Guy is dirty and has a horrible temper and it sabotages every team he is part of.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 07-31-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Wat is this in control of your emotions shit? The US is going to be blowing out teams and in the games that arent blowouts Cousins isnt going to see the court unless he's playing well.

Fine dont take Cousins. But Plumlee? Come on man.