Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Mario Chalmers on Lebron Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    off ball, offensive scoring skill set ... yes
    Please logically explain to me how Kobe is a superior off ball scorer. Kobe is a horrible spot up shooter, and an average at best 3 point shooter. He never played with a ball dominant point guard until Nash arrived in LA 2 seasons ago, and Nash was quickly demoted to spot up shooter cause Kobe needed the ball in his hands more.
    KD is understandable, but Kobe?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Please logically explain to me how Kobe is a superior off ball scorer. Kobe is a horrible spot up shooter, and an average at best 3 point shooter. He never played with a ball dominant point guard until Nash arrived in LA 2 seasons ago, and Nash was quickly demoted to spot up shooter cause Kobe needed the ball in his hands more.
    KD is understandable, but Kobe?
    Mods.

Lebron ball gifted this scrub 2 rings.

Lebron is the only player who showed up in the finals against the Spurs.

Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Why did Kareem's PPG and rebounds per game drop after Magic arrived?

In the 80's, what player(s) were role players elsewhere but then came to LA and Magic made them better?
    age ...

magic didn't incorporate is surrounding talents well into gamelan or make teammates better? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Mods.
    Look at his percentages. Kobe is an AVERAGE 3 point shooter. The fact that he makes insanely difficult 3's sometimes has brainwashed people into thinking he is elite from that distance, but the numbers would suggest otherwise.

Edit: Kobe is a 33.5% career 3 point shooter, so if you go by the numbers he is actually below average.
    Last edited by JT123; 09-16-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

how does what I just described negate him being the second best player I've seen? not everything is so black and white child. legit critiques in his game.
    Oh I agree with the critiques, and he's my favorite player ever, but sometimes your verbiage is straight trolling-level.

turning stars into role players. selfless passer but his influence is selfish. if he had the true skill of mj kobe bird and kd he could've been effective in a non ball dominant capacity. he needs to dribble too much to be a pure playmaker / distributor making teammates better like magic. Jack of all trades master of none. his inability to have an elite niche skill to fit in a team structure is kind of his curse for being so insanely versatile.
    The only reason you are cosigning with Mario Chalmers idiocracy here and saying what you say is because he has something bad to say about a player you either hate or you are heavily insecure about.... i really doubt you are that dumb inside to really believe what you are saying, come on Swish?

Mentioning KD's name next to Mj, Kobe, Bird in this impact/making teammates better department is hilarious first of all, that was very random, trying to imply he is on that level and/or certainly more impactful & makes his teammates better than Lebron when he nor you have anything to backup that claim with........

Kobe, Magic & Jordan just like Lebron clogged up their teammates, but only statistically, this is because all of them were ball dominant, hell Kobe & especially Jordan had MUCH higher usage ratings than Lebron or Magic and they passed MUCH less........ ofcourse a player "shines" when his 1st option is not there, there is more possessions for him to shoot/score/pass/handle the ball more.... but that is a sacrifice you have to make for the TEAM IF YOU WANT TO WIN......... the best player has the ball in his hands because the team is the most successful then....

I mean, if Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Magic gave all their perimeter duties to Chalmers/Paxson/Fisher/Scott and they turn into spotup shooters instead and let those guys therefore "shine" their way orchestrating literally everything.... they sure would get more individual points, assists...... but would they be more successful as a team?

Tell me? THOSE players would be selfish to bottleneck their best players & hence their teams success due to individual "shine"....

Mario is an idiot, all the yelling he has endured from Bosh, Wade & Lebron makes even more sense now....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.

age ...

magic didn't incorporate is surrounding talents well into gamelan or make teammates better? really?
    But who are the examples of players being mediocre (role players) and then once teamed up and playing with Magic, their numbers excelled into very good player / above avg. status?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    But who are the examples of players being mediocre (role players) and then once teamed up and playing with Magic, their numbers excelled into very good player / above avg. status?
    There are no examples. That dude is just spewing out baseless hyperbole.

College superstar

lmao @ Kobe being a horrible spot up shooter. his shooting percentages are garbage considering how talented he is, but Kobe can still shoot, and Kareem, Jamal Wilkes were established NBA players long before Magic.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Cavs fans make my blood boil. You're all so pathetic, acting like a dejected teenage girl who got dumped on the side of the road by her boyfriend for four years and then getting right back on your knees for him as soon as returns.
    Damn.

That analogy

Both Horace Grant's and Pippen's PPG went up after MJ stepped away from the game (to play baseball) Does that mean that MJ's selfishness was making them worse players?

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    lmao @ Kobe being a horrible spot up shooter. his shooting percentages are garbage considering how talented he is, but Kobe can still shoot, and Kareem, Jamal Wilkes were established NBA players long before Magic.
    He can shoot when he's handling the ball and is in rhythm, but he is not a spot up guy. There is not a single stat out there that would suggest he is.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    He can shoot when he's handling the ball and is in rhythm, but he is not a spot up guy. There is not a single stat out there that would suggest he is.
    kobe is a great scorer and shooter he can play both off the ball and on the ball as well and has hit a game-winner at home in a spot-up situation (forgot the game off the top of my head but i remember the moment)

no need to lie about a player when trying to debate

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    kobe is a great scorer and shooter he can play both off the ball and on the ball as well and has hit a game-winner at home in a spot-up situation (forgot the game off the top of my head but i remember the moment)

no need to lie about a player when trying to debate
    I'm not lying. I'm basing what I say off of actual statistics. You are basing your argument on folklore. If Kobe is this elite off ball spot up shooter, prove it. Show me ONE single stat to back up your claim. Making one spot up game winner is hardly proof of him being elite in that category.