Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie once again takes alpha role on big stage

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I hope you guys have success. Only team I ever truly cheered for (as a team not because they had a player I liked) is STL Cardinals, so I'm not familiar with rooting for a team that never wins. I still feel inclined to root for the Heat though, I had fun watching them. Only problem is I'm not sure I can cheer against LeBron lol
    There's something to be said for sticking with a team through a rebuild. I had as much fun watching the Cavs transform their roster into what it was just before the James signing as I did when he was winning 60+ games here.

Getting really into the drafts and the different prospects who may be available and then watching those prospects grow early in their NBA careers... that's a part of being a fan of the NBA that I feel the people who don't have a team and just pick specific established players to root for never get to appreciate.

Do yourself a favor... stick with the Heat, even if things don't go according to plan. It will make the eventual winning much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Let's hope he doesn't shit the bed come playoff time.
    Unlikely. This kid is ice-cold. The anti-mo williams if you will.

I plan to try and stick with Miami. But I can't deny I don't still want to see Lebron get one more ring.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Unlikely. This kid is ice-cold. The anti-mo williams if you will.
    I think that cavs mo williams is underrated. He had a few bad playoff games but so did Lebron especially in 2010 when Lebron acted like he had a shoulder injury against the celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I think that cavs mo williams is underrated. He had a few bad playoff games but so did Lebron especially in 2010 when Lebron acted like he had a shoulder injury against the celtics.
    15 & 5 on 41% in the playoffs is underrated? I bet if Carmelo was getting that production from his PG you wouldn't be saying that

He was great in the regular season and early rounds in the playoffs but struggled when it mattered most two consecutive years. He bricked a ton of open shots in the orlando series, shots easier than the ones he made all season. You can't pin a series loss on one player but you have to admit that mo is an easy target.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    15 & 5 on 41% in the playoffs is underrated? I bet if Carmelo was getting that production from his PG you wouldn't be saying that
    Some Point guards on other championships teams did worse than that.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He's the most skilled guard in the league behind Kobe & Cp3

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    He was great in the regular season and early rounds in the playoffs but struggled when it mattered most two consecutive years. He bricked a ton of open shots in the orlando series, shots easier than the ones he made all season. You can't pin a series loss on one player but you have to admit that mo is an easy target.
    Yea he could of done better but the leader still has to be a better leader and put his all into it for every quarter which lebron didn't do.

Some Point guards on other championships teams did worse than that.
    And I guarantee those players weren't 2nd option all-stars.

Yea he could of done better but the leader still has to be a better leader and put his all into it for every quarter which lebron didn't do.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

He is underrated. It's not uncommon for a perimeter player's field goal percentage to drop in the post-season. In his 25 playoff games with the Cavs, Mo put up 15.4 points on 41% shooting and under 13 shots a game, with 5 assists and 3+ rebounds.

He also had some pretty nice moments on big stages. In that Game 5 against Orlando in 2009 which the Cavs won, he had 24 points and was 6-of-9 from deep.

And, in Game 6, which ended up being the final one of that ECF series, he had another good effort, with 17 points on 6-12 shooting, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and just 1 turnover.

Mo Williams was not the reason we lost that series. The problem was their stretch-4s were a nightmare for our more conventional bigs.

In the first two series that year (Detroit / Atlanta), he was very solid. He put up 15 points a game on 45% shooting and 5 assists. The Cavs swept both those series.

Then, the next year, Mo Williams was one of the only Cavs to show up in Boston for that Game 6... 22 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals... he fought to the end.

People remember what they want to remember about Mo Williams in those two brief seasons. He was a very nice compliment to LeBron, all told.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    He's the most skilled guard in the league behind Kobe & Cp3
    I agree. Irving can only get better, I just hope lebron dont mess up his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He is underrated. It's not uncommon for a perimeter player's field goal percentage to drop in the post-season. In his 25 playoff games with the Cavs, Mo put up 15.4 points on 41% shooting and under 13 shots a game, with 5 assists and 3+ rebounds.

He also had some pretty nice moments on big stages. In that Game 5 against Orlando in 2009 which the Cavs won, he had 24 points and was 6-of-9 from deep.

And, in Game 6, which ended up being the final one of that ECF series, he had another good effort, with 17 points on 6-12 shooting, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and just 1 turnover.

Mo Williams was not the reason we lost that series. The problem was their stretch-4s were a nightmare for our more conventional bigs.

In the first two series that year (Detroit / Atlanta), he was very solid. He put up 15 points a game on 45% shooting and 5 assists. The Cavs swept both those series.

Then, the next year, Mo Williams was one of the only Cavs to show up in Boston for that Game 6... 22 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals... he fought to the end.

People remember what they want to remember about Mo Williams in those two brief seasons. He was a very nice compliment to LeBron, all told.
    I respect the loyalty to your former player and you are correct when you say that he wasn't the reason for the series loss but let's be real. He was VERY underwhelming in both series. He bricked a ton of wide-open shots and got destroyed by rondo in the celtics series. It also felt like delonte was the better player in the orlando series.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Yea man I remember those days. Mo williams definitely helped that team. Became an all star with them too.