Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    nah he learned it on his own.. he took some gymnastic classes but didnt like it... he just likes to do everything in the streets... ive told him to start going to the gym but he doesnt want to... i guess he is not into gaining mass, more into strength and endurance...
    i swear if there was some competition here in extreme sports he would definitely win it.. he has tried every semi-extreme sport there is, and is a pro at it.... skateboarding, rollerblading, snowboarding, tricks with those little bicycles, parkour, and of course crazy street workout stuff.... of course though he doesnt really have good grades ... but hey you cant be good at everything...
    he can also throw down some nice dunks i will tell him to record himself next time
    How tall is he?

Sounds like he'd do well on a show like Ninja Warrior, a competition obstacle course that's focused on parkour, random street workout type stuff.

I wish I had been more focused on strength and endurance like he is rather than mass when I started going to the gym.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    When this thread was first started in the beginning of September, I could only do two or three pull-ups. I was too embarassed to post my numbers.

Now, after working my ass off in the meantime, I am at 8 honest, all the way down, all the way up, pull-ups with a wide grip. I hope to hit 10 by Christmas.

My lats are noticeably bigger now.
    Good work. No need to be embarassed.. why be worried about impressing people here?

Haven't done unweighted pull-ups in a minute. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Good work. No need to be embarassed.. why be worried about impressing people here?
    Good point. WTF am I thinking.

Anyway, during my most disciplined workout periods, I was adding one pull-up more a week. I've got six weeks now just to add two more.