Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: Hawks in discussion to send Jeff Teague to Houston

They can't get more than a late lottery-18 pick and Bev for Teague?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    They can't get more than a late lottery-18 pick and Bev for Teague?
    Teague is solid and on a reasonable contract but how many teams are in the market for a PG? Let alone potentially getting a lotto pick for him?

I'm not hating, I'm just thinking of who else may want him.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Is the pick protected?

Lakers, Kings (even tho DC is playing decent right now), Bucks, Knicks, and Philly could all use a future PG, imo. Probably the Pacers as well. However, I do hate George Hill.

I seem to recall the Bucks trying to sign Teague when he was a rfa.

Don't know about offers. Just seems a little to me for a 26 year old PG, doesn't seem not yet in his prime, on a good contract (8/8/8).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Is the pick protected?

Lakers, Kings (even tho DC is playing decent right now), Bucks, Knicks, and Philly could all use a future PG, imo. Probably the Pacers as well. However, I do hate George Hill.

I seem to recall the Bucks trying to sign Teague when he was a rfa.

Don't know about offers. Just seems a little to me for a 26 year old PG, doesn't seem not yet in his prime, on a good contract (8/8/8).
    The Pelicans' pick is protect 1-3 and 21-30 I think. You're right- other teams could definitely stand to upgrade at PG, but some teams don't have the pick to deal (or the willingness to give one up) and/or are preserving cap space for this summer or the future.

I've been a fan of Teague for several years, but there are probably 10 other PGs with better or equal trade value (potentially many more). The position is so deep nowadays that his value is reduced a bit. Hawks themselves would rather deal Teague than his back-up, and I think that has to count for something.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    Houston goes from 1st round exit to wcf lock if this goes down
    Why do people feel Houston is a first round exit????

Houston might not be a fav in the West but there is a path for them to win the west or make a deep run depending on who they match up against. There is little that separates the WC so there isn't anyone who's a lock for anything, and even if the Rockets added Teague I don't think such a drastic midseason move would vault them ahead of any of the other contenders.