Default Is Chris Kaman the key to it all?

Kaman might be the key to it all. Because what Kaman embodies is exactly the way the Lakers will be different this season without Howard.

They won't be as fast or quick or talented. But they will be more flexible. They will do things they may not want to do, and play roles they're not accustomed to.

Kaman isn't the perfect fit for a system like D'Antoni's by any stretch of the imagination. He's neither explosive nor exciting. Howard was supposed to be the bigger, badder version of the Phoenix-era Amar'e Stoudemire. A guy like Kaman would presumably be the last person you'd cast to play in an up-tempo, high-scoring attack like the one D'Antoni's teams normally use. But you know what? He's willing to try it. Heck, he's eager to try it.
    '
    -- ESPN LA

Default Re: Is Chris Kaman the key to it all?

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Kaman might be the key to it all. Because what Kaman embodies is exactly the way the Lakers will be different this season without Howard.

They won't be as fast or quick or talented. But they will be more flexible. They will do things they may not want to do, and play roles they're not accustomed to.

Kaman isn't the perfect fit for a system like D'Antoni's by any stretch of the imagination. He's neither explosive nor exciting. Howard was supposed to be the bigger, badder version of the Phoenix-era Amar'e Stoudemire. A guy like Kaman would presumably be the last person you'd cast to play in an up-tempo, high-scoring attack like the one D'Antoni's teams normally use. But you know what? He's willing to try it. Heck, he's eager to try it.
    '
    -- ESPN LA
    Weirdly written article.......what was the point or position of the writer????
    The key to it all? What is "IT ALL", making the playoffs as the 8th seed????
    Did someone give the writer 30 seconds to get an article out and he just winged it???

Local High School Star

right, key to what?
    they will suck and end right between playoffs and lottery.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I didn't get the whole key to it all thing. He wasn't with the key to anything with the Clippers. Obviously they moved on from him.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TootsieRoll's Avatar

Hope so.

High School Varsity 6th Man

DJO is the key to it all. Defense, athleticism, toughness, passion. I think we should trade Nash to make room for johnson-odom.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    DJO is the key to it all. Defense, athleticism, toughness, passion. I think we should trade Nash to make room for johnson-odom.

Rather than write a scathing opinion about foolish comments....these do the job....lol.

NBA lottery pick

I agree with DKLaker. I'm not sure if kkinchen was joking or what was happening there.......