Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: New contract...do you go for the most money/big city/best chance to win a ring??

None of these applies to OKC.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #17
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: New contract...do you go for the most money/big city/best chance to win a ring??

I'd pick a city who's never really had success before, or in a long time.

Atlanta is a pretty popular city, who's made the second round twice in the past 40 years.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
balance between 1 and 2.

dont care about the team i go to, bc i believe i will win a ring wherever i go

this
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #19
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Money
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #20
bigt
Serious playground baller

bigt has an OK reputation so far

At that age especially, I'd be looking to win a ring. It's a fair chance I'm just coming off the rookie contract at that age, so it's not like you can really get max max money anyway, and if I'm top 20 I'm going to be getting a pretty sweet contract offer anywhere I go most likely. If we're only talking a couple of million dollars between contracts, then definitely go to the team that has more chance of winning with me on the team.

Unless you're talking about where a championship contending team offer you like the MLE and another max, then at that age I'd probably take money. I'd want to be getting paid what my talents are worth
bigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #21
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I think my determination and will....I would probably play in LA, Miami or NYC. I know living out in the East must suck because people are rude and the weather is horrible.

I know that no matter what I do, I would probably be the next Kobe or King of New York.

Look at the Linsanity crap. Imagine if I blew it up like home boy. They would eat it up and love me for it.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #23
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Money because I know where ever I go I will make that team a contender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Wow you're even full of your hypothetical self. That's tough to do.

me? i'd go for the best chance to win a ring. even the lowest salary in the NBA is already big money for me. plus, as a top 20 player, money would come in from other sources like endorsements. i've never been outside my lousy 3rd world country, so anywhere in the US is like paradise for me.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #24
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far

Take the money. Gain the peace of mind that comes with financial security. Work my ass off in the gym 24/7. Become the best player in the game. Win ring. Profit. Repeat.
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #25
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

There should be a 4th option: Chance to showcase game most (ie be the man on your own team etc). Many young players go for this.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: