Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just got the dragon scale armor and upgraded it. 84 blocking.

Got the mace of molag and enchanted strength bracers. My mace does 62 damage.

Just finish the sheograth inside the mind mission. I got the wabbajack stick.

GF just got this for me. About to make my first character a stealthy dual wielding ninja assassin. Using a RedGuard, Afro Samurai.

High School Starter

game is easy to make. Just make a big world and fill it up with stuff to do..like a nice looking single player world of warcraft.

What happened to the games of today?

There is no innovation in skyrim. It is a derivative product. People's standards have gone down.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    game is easy to make. Just make a big world and fill it up with stuff to do..like a nice looking single player world of warcraft.

What happened to the games of today?

There is no innovation in skyrim. It is a derivative product. People's standards have gone down.
    How would you like them to make it? Its not a game that tried to make some groundbreaking new genre or whayever you want it to be, what makes it great is that it is such an improvement in many ways to games of its style before it.

and lets face it, at some point there wont be any new styles, it is just upgrading what has already been done. which to many skyrim did q good job at

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's been maybe a dozen years since I've played a real RPG like this. I've always liked RPGs. And one of the things I like in the games I play now is some kind of an RPG element. Some puzzling, some upgrading, leveling up. But at my current state in life I just don't have the time to dump into an RPG as I did when I was a kid and spent entire summers playing basketball by day and Fantasy Star by night.

But the reception for this game was so good I figured I'd give it a shot. The fact that I can play it third person was huge for me, because I was a couple hours in and really was ready to give up. Now I'm dumping emense amount of time into it, and really not doing anything. Just running around exploring has been a real pleasure. I made the executive decision after the opening sequence to not go do the first mission, which only now I find would have yielded me property, and instead just head west along the mountains. And now I'm in a spot where I'm probably stronger than I should be for where I am.

I still have some gripes. The combat is just really clunky so far, even for a game like this where I expect it to some degree, this is often just incredibly uncomfortable. And the amount of reading required is just more than I care to do, particularly since it's not terribly well written.

But the enormous amount of side stuff I'm finding superbly interesting. The mining, smithing elements, tanning, enchanting, potion making, and even the cooking. Just some really well thought out elements to the game that make me want to go home and play it after work. It's got that perfect pacing element of should I put it down now or see what this one last thing is going to yield for me.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It's been maybe a dozen years since I've played a real RPG like this. I've always liked RPGs. And one of the things I like in the games I play now is some kind of an RPG element. Some puzzling, some upgrading, leveling up. But at my current state in life I just don't have the time to dump into an RPG as I did when I was a kid and spent entire summers playing basketball by day and Fantasy Star by night.

But the reception for this game was so good I figured I'd give it a shot. The fact that I can play it third person was huge for me, because I was a couple hours in and really was ready to give up. Now I'm dumping emense amount of time into it, and really not doing anything. Just running around exploring has been a real pleasure. I made the executive decision after the opening sequence to not go do the first mission, which only now I find would have yielded me property, and instead just head west along the mountains. And now I'm in a spot where I'm probably stronger than I should be for where I am.

I still have some gripes. The combat is just really clunky so far, even for a game like this where I expect it to some degree, this is often just incredibly uncomfortable. And the amount of reading required is just more than I care to do, particularly since it's not terribly well written.

But the enormous amount of side stuff I'm finding superbly interesting. The mining, smithing elements, tanning, enchanting, potion making, and even the cooking. Just some really well thought out elements to the game that make me want to go home and play it after work. It's got that perfect pacing element of should I put it down now or see what this one last thing is going to yield for me.
    I believe the game accounts for if you are stronger than you should be. atleast for the main quest. so the gear you recieve from it wont seem as great but the degree of difficulty will adjust. I think.

The combat is kinda clunky, but I expect that outta games like these. where are you finding there is a lot of reading? I asked the question in this thread if you had to read the books and you dont. just click the read button and your character gets any quests/knowledge from the book. you dont actually have to read it. if you already knew this then i apologize, just figured id throw it out there.

What class/lvl are you?

Quote Originally Posted by hayden695
    I believe the game accounts for if you are stronger than you should be. atleast for the main quest. so the gear you recieve from it wont seem as great but the degree of difficulty will adjust. I think.

The combat is kinda clunky, but I expect that outta games like these. where are you finding there is a lot of reading? I asked the question in this thread if you had to read the books and you dont. just click the read button and your character gets any quests/knowledge from the book. you dont actually have to read it. if you already knew this then i apologize, just figured id throw it out there.

What class/lvl are you?

I'm at 11 right now, and just now did the first required mission, going to speak to the king of that first city. I also hadn't done anything along the way of real sidequests, aside from stuff within immediate areas, like one city where I spoke to some woman who wanted me to shake down some guy who kept hitting on her. Or I stumbled into a girl who wanted a mammoth tusk which I just happened to already have. Any of the big go somewhere to investigate something I haven't touched. I've mostly just been running around picking up ingrediants, opening chests, and mainly finding locations to try and make fast travel easier down the road.

I do know that with the spell books you can "read" them just by clicking on x and obtain the spell. Something I embaressingly just found out. The other books I noticed I can get the language credit simply for opening them up, and it will improve my language skill, but in order to get the story, I've been reading them. I'm starting to get to the point where I've stopped though.

I really need to grind out money and buy that first property so I can start hording away those books and save myself some wieght. My OCD makes this game tough because I want absolutely everything.

Oh, and I'm a Nord by the way, mostly because I could make him sorta look like me. It seems like the most well rounded class, sort of good at almost everything but not especially good at any one thing.

I've found that I'm mostly improving at the in the button mashing combat areas, and then in most of the combining areas, because of my insane OCD approach to stuff.
    Last edited by Thorpesaurous; 01-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.

College star

I'm at 11 right now, and just now did the first required mission, going to speak to the king of that first city. I also hadn't done anything along the way of real sidequests, aside from stuff within immediate areas, like one city where I spoke to some woman who wanted me to shake down some guy who kept hitting on her. Or I stumbled into a girl who wanted a mammoth tusk which I just happened to already have. Any of the big go somewhere to investigate something I haven't touched. I've mostly just been running around picking up ingrediants, opening chests, and mainly finding locations to try and make fast travel easier down the road.

I do know that with the spell books you can "read" them just by clicking on x and obtain the spell. Something I embaressingly just found out. The other books I noticed I can get the language credit simply for opening them up, and it will improve my language skill, but in order to get the story, I've been reading them. I'm starting to get to the point where I've stopped though.

I really need to grind out money and buy that first property so I can start hording away those books and save myself some wieght. My OCD makes this game tough because I want absolutely everything.

Oh, and I'm a Nord by the way, mostly because I could make him sorta look like me. It seems like the most well rounded class, sort of good at almost everything but not especially good at any one thing.

I've found that I'm mostly improving at the in the button mashing combat areas, and then in most of the combining areas, because of my insane OCD approach to stuff.
    I should have went everywhere like you are. I just really wanted to do the mage questline. And im not sure if i can leave anything in the archmage headquarters or what. probably will buy a house soon.

Im a dark elf. I cant remember why I picked it although it has some spell thats pretty cool.

Just got the game from gamefly.I picked the cat character cant remember what its called.I guess i made him a mage as well on accident.

Ive only done those two things but im liking the game.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Skyrim or Arkham City?
    Which one you guys recommend?

I'm thinking of getting one of them...

Don't play as often as I did when I just got the game, mainly just play it early Saturday before going out at night and during my lazy Sundays after soccer.

Level 47 now, own 4 houses and am the thane of Whiterun, Riften, Solitude, Windhelm, and Morthal. Stormcloaks won the war, am getting decently far in the main quest, yet I have STILL yet to set foot into Dawnstar

Im ridiculously rich, literally there is nothing in the game that I cannot afford. I am organized as hell when it comes to keeping items in my house, I use Breezehome(whiterun) as the house where I hoard away all my items, have a special drawer for weapons, another for armor, another for potions etc. And then I got this drawer where I put everything I own that is worth over 1000 septims. In that drawer alone, I have over 100,000 septims worth of items in there, swords and staffs of all kind.

I've also completed the Mage college, Thieves guild, Companions, and Bards college. So it looks like all I have left to do is become thane of Falkreath, Markarth, Winterhold, and Dawnstar; join the Assassins, and finish up the main quest. As crazy as it sounds, Im pretty close to actually completing this game all together
    Last edited by Bosnian Sajo; 01-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Game is ****ing addicting

How do you recharge an enchanted weapon?

How do you recharge an enchanted weapon?
    With a soul gem, must be filled. The higher level of enchantment used on the weapon, the better soul gem you need.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    With a soul gem, must be filled. The higher level of enchantment used on the weapon, the better soul gem you need.
    Cant u use worse stones, only they dont charge the weapon as much? Speaking of this is there any places where its best to find the better/best stones?