Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Re: Does God really care about the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    If there is a God....I don't think he cares about the NBA or sports in general. I don't mind guys thanking God for their physical abilities, but not winning the game.

Why the fvck would God care if the Thunder got beat by a lucky ass shot last night?
    Depends on how Jeremy Lin's year is next year

srs

He literally has had the worst possible luck in every way ever since he left the Knicks

So funny to see people try and dismiss God's existence.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    So funny to see people try and dismiss God's existence.
    It's not funny at all. It's just like dismissing anything else that has not yet been proven to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    It's not funny at all. It's just like dismissing anything else that has not yet been proven to exist.
    What's funny is that people go out of their way to troll anyone who believes in God in a desperate attempt to make themselves look cool.

There are a lot of things that can't be proved or explained, but people don't religiously troll those who believe. Only when it comes to God do people go to these lengths to troll.

It is definitely humorous

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

What's funny is that people go out of their way to troll anyone who believes in God in a desperate attempt to make themselves look cool.

There are a lot of things that can't be proved or explained, but people don't religiously troll those who believe. Only when it comes to God do people go to these lengths to troll.

Completely untrue. I troll the "vaccination causes autism" crowd all the time, as well as people who believe in horoscopes.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    The burden of proof lays with the people who claim an invisible sky man controls everything. I don't have to prove he DOESN'T exist. You have to prove he does, or why should I believe you?
    Ok, here are some basic unanswerable questions at this point that leave the possibility of God wide open:
    -How do you get something from nothing outside of someone/thing transcendent beyond matter/space/energy?
    -How do you get life (DNA) from non-life?

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Ok, here are some basic unanswerable questions at this point that leave the possibility of God wide open:
    -How do you get something from nothing outside of someone/thing transcendent beyond matter/space/energy?
    -How do you get life (DNA) from non-life?
    Research Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Science.
    Science is literally the study of measurably repeatable circumstances. How are you going to manipulate God into repetition at will? Science is also literally defining the universe by natural causes (rejecting the supernatural by definition), so how could you possibly prove something supernatural by a method that by its own definition doesn't allow the possibility?
    Last edited by ninephive; 02-09-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Research Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations
    I have, no proof of anything coming from nothing (ex nihilo)...anything found is admittedly ignorance of what's causing it. It's like how we used to think atoms were the smallest particles. And then we thought electrons were. And then we thought quarks were. And then...

Your science textbook will continue to change. We literally used to think the universe always existed. We honestly thought Newtonian physics explained all movement and honestly believed there was an invisible force "pulling" us towards things...until Einstein showed us relativity and the curvature of space-time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Thats because of the ludicrosity of it all.. And the fact that a lot of 'believers' fanatically push their views on others.. I've never had anyone knock on my door and push evolution down my throat or tell me I will suffer forever for whatever bs they proclaim would cause that.. They deserve it all tbh

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Science is literally the study of measurably repeatable circumstances. How are you going to manipulate God into repetition at will? Science is also literally defining the universe by natural causes (rejecting the supernatural by definition), so how could you possibly prove something supernatural by a method that by its own definition doesn't allow the possibility?
    God wouldn't be "supernatural" if it does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    God wouldn't be "supernatural" if it does exist.
    I guess you would have to define the term "natural" first. Maybe a better term is normative...so "supernormative," which would be defined as something that supersedes the normative order and laws of the universe (things that happen once, like creation or resurrection).

I have, no proof of anything coming from nothing (ex nihilo)...anything found is admittedly ignorance of what's causing it. It's like how we used to think atoms were the smallest particles. And then we thought electrons were. And then we thought quarks were. And then...

Your science textbook will continue to change. We literally used to think the universe always existed. We honestly thought Newtonian physics explained all movement and honestly believed there was an invisible force "pulling" us towards things...until Einstein showed us relativity and the curvature of space-time.
    Well you clearly didn't research Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations like I told you to, but that's okay.

Atheists are comfortable with the fact that there are things we don't know. Scientists are working on discovering things that haven't been figured out yet, which is the nature of their job. The difference is that atheists aren't making assumptions about the unknown. The difference between an atheist and a theist is that Atheists admit to not knowing what caused the Big Bang to occur, where as theists assume they have the answer (an all powerful, all knowing God whether it be Jesus, or whoever). I wish more people were comfortable with admitting that we don't know where existence comes from aside from making assumptions that it's some mysterious god, which there is no evidence of.

Kobe

I usually hit open layups

I guess you would have to define the term "natural" first. Maybe a better term is normative...so "supernormative," which would be defined as something that supersedes the normative order and laws of the universe (things that happen once, like creation or resurrection).
    Just curious, do you believe God is truly an all-powerful being? Does he know what's going to happen until the end of time?