Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.
    Shaq - 1 MVP.

One MVP for the alleged most dominant player of all time is pathetic as hell, right?

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

"kobe bryant will go down as the greatest player that has ever lived"

back then they all mocked him for saying it. but how amazing is it that mark predicted that same kid who ( at the time ) had 3 rings, 0 mvps, 0 finals mvps and was on a team with kwame brown and smush parker would end up being put in a position to be argued as the greatest ever

now he has the best chance out of anyone to grab a 6th title this year with a 3rd finals mvp and be atleast in the conversation with mike

and think about it... 3 years with howard/nash/pau

hes getting atleast 1... thats for sure ( i'l bet 10 grand on it )

that being said. theres a 99.9% chance of mark jackson coming out one day and saying

"i told you so"

bow down to the great mark nostradamus jackson

You don't have 10K to bet and if you do I will take that bet and fly you in to Miami and you can sleep in my condo for a night while I'm spending that 10k at LIV in one night because Kobe will never be GOAT

College star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Kobe isn't, and will never be the G.O.A.T.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 08-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    With the way basketball players are rated, it's kinda important. Not the end all be all but still needed. Not to say that makes it true but the consensus greatest basketball player of All-Time will have an MVP award, more than one probably. When looking at it like Derrick Rose vs Kobe, or Steve Nash vs Shaq? Than ya it looks pretty stupid.

I'd bet my life the guy who surpasses Jordan will be a multiple time MVP.

Kobe has no shot at being the GOAT. Not even hating. Fairly or unfairly MJ has cemented himself as the GOAT. If guy's like Kareem, Wilt, Russel, Magic etc. who have had similar carers\stats\achievements etc. yet still don't measure up in the consensus vs Jordan than a guy like Kobe has literally no chance.

I'm not a fan of Kobe but he's a great player. One of the best of All-Time. Simply a tier below GOAT candidate
    totally false....

it would have been more accurate if Bill russell was rated higher then MJ...but no.

- How can anyone with a straight face sit there and say season MVP's is a valuable commodity ...

when Bill Russell won 11 NBA Championships , Has the Finals MVP named after him...won back 2 back NCAA Titles and the mostDominate Olympic run ever...with 5 MVP's also....

yet most put MJ ahead of Russell ( who won 5 more titles)???

- makes no sense to say Kobe didn't win as many League MVP's....but Jordan can pass up Russell allthough he won far less and Rus has the FVP named after him.....if Kobe can pass MJ in titles most will view Kobe ahead of jordan (not everyone but a large chunk of fans)...just as mostview MJ ahead of Russell.

Banned

And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.

how do you win mvp if the criteria changes every year

they kept it out of kobes hands by changing it every year

one time it was "he doesnt have a top 3 record... who cares if he has the best stats and is the best player"

then lebron won it last year and jordan won it in the 80's with that exact same criteria... neither had a top 3 record and did it based purely on individual dominance

then other times they say he has too much help. then they give it to nash with 3 other allstars or lebron with 2 other allstars

lets face it... the mvp has become a joke.

shaq has 1 and hes been argued by some as a top 5 player ever

some have called hakeem the goat and he only has 1 mvp

some have said oscar is top 3 and he only has 1

nash has 2... go figure

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Shaq - 1 MVP.

One MVP for the alleged most dominant player of all time is pathetic as hell, right?
    And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2 like the OP is either. Didn't we just have a series of Threads about this crap? Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    totally false....

it would have been more accurate if Bill russell was rated higher then MJ...but no.

- How can anyone with a straight face sit there and say season MVP's is a valuable commodity ...

when Bill Russell won 11 NBA Championships , Has the Finals MVP named after him...won back 2 back NCAA Titles and the mostDominate Olympic run ever...with 5 MVP's also....

yet most put MJ ahead of Russell ( who won 5 more titles)???

- makes no sense to say Kobe didn't win as many League MVP's....but Jordan can pass up Russell allthough he won far less and Rus has the FVP named after him.....if Kobe can pass MJ in titles most will view Kobe ahead of jordan (not everyone but a large chunk of fans)...just as mostview MJ ahead of Russell.
    Everything is about combination. MVP's, FMVP's, peak, statistics, memorable moments and with a guy like MJ? Marketing helped ALOT. Russell should have a case for being GOAT, just like Kareem should. They really don't in the general public tho.

Kobe IMO is a tier below GOAT candidates. At no point during the '00 were we ever like wow were watching the greatest basketball player of all time. With Kobe at 34 years old now? Nobody was like holy shit we could be watching the greatest basketball player ever. He's an All-Time great, one of the best to ever play and everyone see's that.

Won't ever be the consensus GOAT. I personally don't think he'll ever be in the consideration either. Today's generation is still in love with Jordan. Old heads will always love themselves Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell etc. Kobe falls in with Shaq\Duncan.

The world is still laughing and i'm laughing at the fact that one of you guys posting in this thread should bet this fool because you're gonna be 10 grand richer. Ask him to sign a napkin and sign it and take picture of it please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBJDW305
    You don't have 10K to bet and if you do I will take that bet and fly you in to Miami and you can sleep in my condo for a night while I'm spending that 10k at LIV in one night because Kobe will never be GOAT
    ok the bets on

10,000$ american

if the lakers don't win a title in either the 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 seasons. i will pay you 10,000$ american

and if the lakers do. you owe me 10,000$ american

deals on. i got witnesses

someone bookmark it

Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

He's been 7 or 8 on my list since 2010, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He's been 7 or 8 on my list since 2010, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

seriously... some people here are nuts

even if kobe only had 2 titles and 2 finals mvps to go with all his records, stats, 1st team all nba's.... he'd still be a top 10 all time player ahead of hakeem at #9

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    because the media only gives multiple mvps to lovable media face of the nba poster child darlings that have never been arrested types with no real controvercy

hense = kobe, barkley, hakeem, shaq only getting one mvp

and steve nash getting 2, duncan getting 2, lebron getting 3 etc...

notice the guys who were outcasts by the media were slighted... while the guys who never got into trouble off the court got more than 1 mvp???

kobe should have 3-4 mvps, barkley should have 2 mvps, shaq should have 3-4 mvps, hakeem should have 2 atleast

the only thing thats certain is that if you are truly great. the media more than likely will bite their tongue and atleast hand you one trophy

so i do admit the mvp does mean something sort of.
    Gtfo wat year was Kobe surpose to win MVP and how is Kobe better then Magic

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Everything is about combination. MVP's, FMVP's, peak, statistics, memorable moments and with a guy like MJ? Marketing helped ALOT. Russell should have a case for being GOAT, just like Kareem should. They really don't in the general public tho.

Kobe IMO is a tier below GOAT candidates. At no point during the '00 were we ever like wow were watching the greatest basketball player of all time. With Kobe at 34 years old now? Nobody was like holy shit we could be watching the greatest basketball player ever. He's an All-Time great, one of the best to ever play and everyone see's that.

Won't ever be the consensus GOAT. I personally don't think he'll ever be in the consideration either. Today's generation is still in love with Jordan. Old heads will always love themselves Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell etc. Kobe falls in with Shaq\Duncan.

seriousy..where have you been?

- People have been saying Kobe was on par to MJ and maybe better since 01'...

- memorable moments?.Kobe has the most memorable moment of his generation...to go along with all the other gret ones ( 2000 comeback , 42 in 1 hlf 62 in 3 , "the floater" over Dwight in the Finals etc...)

- maybe out in Denver y'all can't recgnize...but here in Cali we have been recognizing maybe the GOAT for awhile now.(China too BTW )

- If Kobe wins1 - 2 more titles....just watch......

@Shaq and Duncan.....54% baby!54% baby!54% baby!

And nobody is "alleging" that Shaq is Top 2 like the OP is either. Didn't we just have a series of Threads about this crap? Shouldn't you be happy your boy jumped 2 full places from 2 months ago on all-time lists doing absolutely nothing?

you mean "according to ISH"...

Kobe jumped into Top 10 in 09'....easily 5 - 7 right now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Gtfo wat year was Kobe surpose to win MVP and how is Kobe better then Magic

magic lost nearly as many finals as hes won

he never played defense

he only dominated for maybe 9 years at most

kobes won 5 out of 7 finals

kobe has the all time most all defensive first team awards to go along with his seperior offensive game, athleticism, peak, and longevity

magic needed 5 other HOF'rs just to win 1 title .. let alone all 5

kobe won 2 of his 5 with just 1 other allstar ( pau gasol ) who is barely top 100 all time

kobe was the best player in 2003... best stats on a contending team by far

2006 he was by far and away mvp

2007 he was also by far and away mvp

and in 2009... he had 1 less win than lebron. could have stole away mvp if they factored in how easy it was for cleveland against eastern competition

if the media loved kobe the way they did nash... i'm sure any of those years they would have found a way to vote for him.

but they didnt. they hated him. theyre already mailing in their lebron votes for 2012-13 ... have you taken a look at the espn front page?

this is the difference between a media darling and a media outcast