Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Prime T-Mac abusing '03 Nets - 46 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Couldn't agree more.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Prime T-Mac abusing '03 Nets - 46 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds

Almost as good as Kobe...that year. But G.O.A.T potential? Even at his absolute peak, he wasn't at that level. Please.

NBA lottery pick

^lol this guy is so diluted of knowledge... from reading your post you would think he started watching basketball in 2005.

Very good NBA starter

wut

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    ^lol this guy is so diluted of knowledge... from reading your post you would think he started watching basketball in 2005.
    Who?

@ 4:50, prime t-mac being guarded by none other than brian scalabrine

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    @ 4:50, prime t-mac being guarded by none other than brian scalabrine
    That proves T-Mac was a beast. It's not every player who has the HONOR of being guarded by an all-time great defender like the White Mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Almost as good as Kobe...that year. But G.O.A.T potential? Even at his absolute peak, he wasn't at that level. Please.
    McGrady had back problems most of his career. He was better than Kobe for a brief period. Kobe has had a much better career, you should be satisfied with that. But no, how dare anyone point out that there was someone who could have been even better! Blasphemy!

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think the reason we embrace him so much and even overrate him at times is because assuming he wasn't injury prone and didn't play with such bad talent no question dude would have at least a ring. Nobody realizes this guy arguably was better than PRIME Kobe. Kobe is now moving into talks as the 2nd best SG ever and moving up the GOAT list. Imagine if Tracy could stay healthy, was on a great team and worked as hard as Kobe? He would of been right there next to Kobe right now as the 2nd best SG's ever.

Tracy was a bigger Kobe who was a superior playmaker and IMO smarter all around player. Tracy also could block shots on a regular basis.
    Well, 2003 T-Mac was comparable to peak Kobe, but a big difference is that Kobe has 3 or 4 seasons comparable or better than that one by T-Mac.

From 2001-2005 it was a popular debate, as far as how close I think they were, the biggest gap between the 2 was in Kobe's favor in 2001. I'd only rank T-Mac ahead of Kobe in 2003 and 2005, though 2002 and 2004 are debatable despite Kobe having the advantage, imo.

But that time frame doesn't even cover Kobe's best seasons from 2006-2008 which is important to remember. It also includes Kobe's 2 worst prime seasons(2004 and 2005).

Granted, T-Mac's back problems had occurred even before he played his best basketball with Orlando, so you can still wonder how good he could have been without chronic back problems, or what he could have don during his short prime or peak with a capable supporting cast.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Well, 2003 T-Mac was comparable to peak Kobe, but a big difference is that Kobe has 3 or 4 seasons comparable or better than that one by T-Mac.

From 2001-2005 it was a popular debate, as far as how close I think they were, the biggest gap between the 2 was in Kobe's favor in 2001. I'd only rank T-Mac ahead of Kobe in 2003 and 2005, though 2002 and 2004 are debatable despite Kobe having the advantage, imo.

But that time frame doesn't even cover Kobe's best seasons from 2006-2008 which is important to remember. It also includes Kobe's 2 worst prime seasons(2004 and 2005).

Granted, T-Mac's back problems had occurred even before he played his best basketball with Orlando, so you can still wonder how good he could have been without chronic back problems, or what he could have don during his short prime or peak with a capable supporting cast.
    That's just it. I'm not saying he was better but that he was on Kobe's prime level even if it was just for a season or two. If he was healthy and had better talent on his teams he likely has a similarly successful career to Kobe with a couple rings less.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Kinda depressing seeing a dude like T-Mac who had more talent in his pinkie than 90% of the today's league, wasting his prime years on bottom-feeding teams.
    If I were him or any other star, I would sign for the MINIMUM to be on the defending champions' team, win a championship, then sign elswhere for max money.

Just one-year contract paying the minimum. Then once you get your championship, sign for 100 million on whichever team.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    If I were him or any other star, I would sign for the MINIMUM to be on the defending champions' team, win a championship, then sign elswhere for max money.

Just one-year contract paying the minimum. Then once you get your championship, sign for 100 million on whichever team.
    If I were T-Mac and I wanted a ring, I'd go to the Heat or Thunder, not the Mavs. The Mavs are aging and unlikely to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch

then you would get more hate than lebron did.

that would be seen as ring chasing of the worst degree

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    McGrady had back problems most of his career. He was better than Kobe for a brief period. Kobe has had a much better career, you should be satisfied with that. But no, how dare anyone point out that there was someone who could have been even better! Blasphemy!
    T-Mac was never better.

But you're not saying that. You're saying he had G.O.A.T potential, which means as good as guys like Kareem/MJ, but that's not true...even at his absolute best he wasn't really close to that level. So no... he never had the potential to be G.O.A.T.