Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine State

Default Re: Pelicans are pretty stacked

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    whatchu talkin bout.

Jrue when healthy is a top 10 pg, anderson is a top 15 center. They aren't superstars but great starters.
    Watch some basketball, it'd help.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Holiday and Anderson wouldn't start on the Wolves just to make things clear on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Holiday and Anderson wouldn't start on the Wolves just to make things clear on that.
    They're pretty objectively better than Rubio and Thad Young so why not? Just a dedication to the tank?

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    They're pretty objectively better than Rubio and Thad Young so why not? Just a dedication to the tank?
    People should know why I select Rubio over Holiday. With Thad, it's a lot about the defense and his ability to go inside a lot better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeJohn Janes
    Trey Burke shot 0-10 in that game
    Sadly that's a typical night for him with Evans and Gordon both going off on him at the other end as well.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-10-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Not sure why brans stans act like the cavs revolves around lebron and everyone else are a bunch of scrubs. Off the bench, they have iman shumpert and tristan thompson. Guys that could start on any team.

could do this all day.

alright my bad, i miswrote it. Hes a top 15 pf. My bad!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

whatchu talkin bout.

Jrue when healthy is a top 10 pg, anderson is a top 15 center. They aren't superstars but great starters.
    Jrue Holiday, at his best, is definitely not even close to being top 10 point guard when there's Stephen Curry, Kyle Lowry, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lilliard, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Mike Conley, John Wall, Jeff Teague, and Tony Parker. This isn't even talking about arguably better players (when healthy) like Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Kemba Walker, Ricky Rubio, George Hill, Isaiah Thomas, and Darren Collison. You are quite uninformed if you think Jrue Holiday is a top 10 point guard at any time this year.

Ryan Anderson plays power forward, not center, doesn't start when Davis/Asik aren't injured and is definitely not a top 15 player at his position, when there's LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Zach Randolph, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Greg Monroe, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Derrick Favors, Chris Bosh, Serge Ibaka, and even Kenneth Faried. Those are just the ones off the top of my head. It's not that difficult to average 15 points and 5 rebounds on a sub-54 TS%.

Anyways, almost every other star player besides Carmelo Anthony has easily more stacked teams than Davis, considering Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans are shells of their former selves.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova5912
    Jrue Holiday, at his best, is definitely not even close to being top 10 point guard when there's Stephen Curry, Kyle Lowry, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lilliard, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Mike Conley, John Wall, Jeff Teague, and Tony Parker. This isn't even talking about arguably better players (when healthy) like Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Kemba Walker, Ricky Rubio, George Hill, Isaiah Thomas, and Darren Collison. You are quite uninformed if you think Jrue Holiday is a top 10 point guard at any time this year.

Ryan Anderson plays power forward, not center, doesn't start when Davis/Asik aren't injured and is definitely not a top 15 player at his position, when there's LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, Zach Randolph, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Greg Monroe, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Derrick Favors, Chris Bosh, Serge Ibaka, and even Kenneth Faried. Those are just the ones off the top of my head. It's not that difficult to average 15 points and 5 rebounds on a sub-54 TS%.

Anyways, almost every other star player besides Carmelo Anthony has easily more stacked teams than Davis, considering Eric Gordon is horrible nowadays and Tyreke Evans is a shell of his former self.
    Lol, this guy posts like he's the associated press. Typing out every single players full name and shit

Banned

Pelicans are trash without Davis.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supernova5912

Anyways, almost every other star player besides Carmelo Anthony has easily more stacked teams than Davis, considering Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans are shells of their former selves.
    My only issue with this is Tyreke.

He's actually been showing some pretty promising signs.

I haven't seen the rest of his career but he's a walking triple double when he decides to play pass first. I actually prefer him as the primary ball handler over Jrue.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg

I haven't seen the rest of his career but he's a walking triple double when he decides to play pass first. I actually prefer him as the primary ball handler over Jrue.
    Tyreke Evans can be a top 10-15 shooting guard/small forward (at his peak) but needs the ball in his hands to be effective. I said he's a shell of his former self because he's been less efficient while shooting more than in the last couple years but he has hit career highs in rebounds and assists. While he's only gotten one triple-double this year, he's gotten very close plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg

Tyreke is only a good player if he's your primary ball handler. Problem is if Tyreke is your primary ballhandler, your team isn't going to be any good.

Sort of like Evan Turner.

Give Evans a high enough usage rate and he'll get you 20/5/5 like he did as a rookie, but he's going to be so inefficient in terms of shooting and committing turnovers that your team is really going to suck.

Serious playground baller

Tyreke absolutely beasting this year. He is efficient too. Most of his points come off driving the lane or the occasional drive fake and pull up. This allows the team to space nicely b/c teams gotta defend the paint all the time with Tyreke and AD especially on Davis, so if the inside shot is not there he kicks it out. Oh yeah and he can play point forward dishen out even more assists. His assists are out of control this year for a sg/sf.

Never thought I'd see a thread title saying the Pelicans are stacked.