Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Default Re: How tall are you guys?

I'm 5'9.5 but still growing. I usually play PF/C, although I'm a bit lanky, I can play average to good defense on man and post. People overlook me though and think I can't be a playmaker, mainly because my handles aren't those overly elaborate ones of the likes of Chris Paul or AI or so, but I can dribble better than some of those guys that are supposed to play point or a guard spot in my village. I have a mean jumper, a bit inconsistent beyond the perimeter though, and I have pretty good hops for a dude my age and height.

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

5'10''ish

usually about average height where i play, shorter crowd i guess

5'4. still have many years to grow. only a sophomore in high school but im still short for my age

5'11 165

not really sure what i play i just play

Local High School Star

Im 5'9 and almost unstoppable one on one. Kobe like moves and superb midrange game, though just above average athleticism, but fast. But my perimeter range isnt constant. FT % is about 80%.

Good passing skills, but might overlook the passing man when trying to go one on one. Overall, defensive skills are above average. Good timing on blocks. Has speed to keep up with even the quickest players. However, tend to bite on fakes and could be post up easily by larger players.

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    5'4. still have many years to grow. only a sophomore in high school but im still short for my age
    I'm a sophomore in HS too. I hope I still grow. 5'10" to 6' is what I'm aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketman
    I'm a sophomore in HS too. I hope I still grow. 5'10" to 6' is what I'm aiming at.
    how tall are u now

how tall are u now
    I'm 5'8" but I've only grown like 1 inch in like 2 years. I'm desperate for growth ATM.

I'm 5'8" but I've only grown like 1 inch in like 2 years. I'm desperate for growth ATM.
    i bet u will still grow if your a sophmore. im supposed to be around 5'11 and right now im only 5'4 i still got time

i bet u will still grow if your a sophmore. im supposed to be around 5'11 and right now im only 5'4 i still got time
    Some people just have puberty later. I hope I still grow. I'm just going to drink more milk now since that's like the best I can do.

Some people just have puberty later. I hope I still grow. I'm just going to drink more milk now since that's like the best I can do.
    right that is true. i hit puberty late

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

right that is true. i hit puberty late
    funny you speak of that....I was a fat, stubby 5'10 junior in high school. i hit my growth spurt and in less then a year i hit 6'5 and pretty lean.....and haven't lifted a weight in years. so don't lose hope...you could still grow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    funny you speak of that....I was a fat, stubby 5'10 junior in high school. i hit my growth spurt and in less then a year i hit 6'5 and pretty lean.....and haven't lifted a weight in years. so don't lose hope...you could still grow.
    6"5' is pretty tall. I don't need to be that tall. If I hit 6 foot tall I'll be satisfied.

6"5' is pretty tall. I don't need to be that tall. If I hit 6 foot tall I'll be satisfied.
    honestly if i could choose how tall i could be....i would choose 6'6. it would make me so much better at basketball

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    Damn son, now you got me all excited. I want to be over 6' so badly.