Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: How many games should Artest get on the flagrant foul vs Harden?

You can't blame Metta World Peace for the past actions of Ron Artest.

NBA lottery pick

The reality is, he isn't going to get much of a suspension. Look at Bynum's situation: He could have literally killed Barea on the spot and yet he only got a 5 game suspension(reduced to 4 games). I'd say that he gets a 2-3 game suspension, but he really deserves 5-6 games just as much Bynum deserves 10 games for his dirty play last season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Lets so how you take an elbow at that force from Artest and see if you think the same thing.

He's lucky he didn't hit Harden in the temple, **** could of literally caused serious brain damage/killed him.. and no, that's not an overreaction. If you have any education in human anatomy you would know this.
    Yeah but that's kind of the risk when you get up in someones grill. Artest did it way too hard but thats at MOST a foul or just a prolonged celebration if harden wasn't trying to punk him.

I half don't even care that it happened because I'm so annoyed at why harden thought it was a smart idea to try and get in artests side and push him... Hes a ****in retard. He was jawing way too much last game too.

I take it as a 5 game suspension at the most based on how it all happened and the results and the context and the reactions, and count down 1 for the fact that harden stupidly came at him and count down 1 because I think if that was a playoff game harden would have came out and played.

So I end up with 3. As a lakers fan I can easily try and argue it should only be 1 or 2, but based on the mentality I take I can EASILY, EASILY take it as a 6-8 game suspension. So I think 3 is going to be good.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Yeah but that's kind of the risk when you get up in someones grill. Artest did it way too hard but thats at MOST a foul or just a prolonged celebration if harden wasn't trying to punk him.

I half don't even care that it happened because I'm so annoyed at why harden thought it was a smart idea to try and get in artests side and push him... Hes a ****in retard. He was jawing way too much last game too.

I take it as a 5 game suspension at the most based on how it all happened and the results and the context and the reactions, and count down 1 for the fact that harden stupidly came at him and count down 1 because I think if that was a playoff game harden would have came out and played.

So I end up with 3. As a lakers fan I can easily try and argue it should only be 1 or 2, but based on the mentality I take I can EASILY, EASILY take it as a 6-8 game suspension. So I think 3 is going to be good.
    We'll see if the NBA agrees with you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    I've yet to see a player celebrate a basket by trying to knock another player the f@ck out. Until today of course. Featuring, surprise surprise, Ron "Metta Man" Artest. That sh!t was as blatant as his "choke Job" against that Fan in Detroit back in the day.

Based on history, and the fact that Stern can't stand his ass, we're looking at most likely the 1st round. Depending on the damage to Harden, 1st and 2nd round.
    Your wording it unfairly there.. the only conclusive thing you could say from watching the replay is that he might have extended his elbow too far back, and from the adrenaline from the impressive play he just executed and within the context of the game it could be argued as to whether the play was intentional or not.

Like another poster said, Bynum has about 100 pounds on barea and his was definitely intentional, I don't see how Artest would get more than Bynum given that his "malicious intent"(as i stated earlier, has to be proven for a fragrant to be called and a suspension to be given) is arguable at best when compared to Bynum's play.

Banned

We'll see if the NBA agrees with you ;)
    What do you think would be a fair amount? 8?

2012, 4 game suspension.

1982, a fine and will play next game.

Suspended through the playoffs. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    You can't blame Metta World Peace for the past actions of Ron Artest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Your wording it unfairly there.. the only conclusive thing you could say from watching the replay is that he might have extended his elbow too far back, and from the adrenaline from the impressive play he just executed and within the context of the game it could be argued as to whether the play was intentional or not.

Like another poster said, Bynum has about 100 pounds on barea and his was definitely intentional, I don't see how Artest would get more than Bynum given that his "malicious intent"(as i stated earlier, has to be proven for a fragrant to be called and a suspension to be given) is arguable at best when compared to Bynum's play.
    This was without a doubt intentional.

If he was not capable of putting "a man just backed into me, i am going to swing my elbow backwards" together and realize he is hitting a person if he goes through with it, then I don't know how he even lives.

He got mad after a big play and harden wanted to be tough, he showed him who's tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    2012, 4 game suspension.

1982, a fine and will play next game.
    Yea thanks for adding some perspective in the conversation.. i was going to go into a huge rant about how basketball fans who started watching in the 90s/80s cringe everytime a foul is handed out now but i didn't really see the purpose of doing that in this thread.... the game has changed a lot since then and if u wanted to use any type of precedent or comparison to Artest's foul then it would have to be within this era of the game (early/mid 00s to present).

What do you think would be a fair amount? 8?
    TBH, that sounds about right to me. I'd say the exact same thing if it was Durant or anyone else in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it got more (or less) from the NBA though.. I honestly don't know which way they'll go.

As someone who's been on the end of dirty play a couple of times in my sporting life, I really feel like the players of the NBA would be pretty pissed off if the NBA let these kind of things go lightly..

Banned

TBH, that sounds about right to me. I'd say the exact same thing if it was Durant or anyone else in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it got more (or less) from the NBA though.. I honestly don't know which way they'll go.

As someone who's been on the end of dirty play a couple of times in my sporting life, I really feel like the players of the NBA would be pretty pissed off if the NBA let these kind of things go lightly..
    I wonder if because of the playoffs they might have him miss the next say 10 or 12 games of the regular season instead of losing out on any playoffs. That'd be getting off easy I guess yet at the same time its way more games next year.

This was without a doubt intentional.

If he was not capable of putting "a man just backed into me, i am going to swing my elbow backwards" together and realize he is hitting a person if he goes through with it, then I don't know how he even lives.

He got mad after a big play and harden wanted to be tough, he showed him who's tougher.
    Yea but why would he do this knowing every physical play that he commits is going to be closely scrutinized by the NBA and its community? He did seem pretty sad that it even happened after the play, after the 5 minutes he spent pleading with the official that it was not his fault.

I wonder if because of the playoffs they might have him miss the next say 10 or 12 games of the regular season instead of losing out on any playoffs. That'd be getting off easy I guess yet at the same time its way more games next year.
    Nah I HIGHLY doubt they would do this (if it's even allowed). It's like a get out of jail free card. He probably couldn't give two ****s if he missed 12 regular season games lol.