Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Pippen on Barkley "Selfish... doesnt show the desire to win.. Jordan was right"

u mad Round Mound?

Banned

Default Re: Pippen on Barkley "Selfish... doesnt show the desire to win.. Jordan was right"

Barkley was a very poor mans Blake Griffin. Sad this guy still gets talked about.

I can't believe people are actually trying to put Pippen on Barkley's level let alone higher.

There was a time when Barkley was spoken of alongside the Jordans, Magics, Olajuwons.

You can truly tell who actually watched ball back then and who....pretends

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurantFor40
    Barkley was a very poor mans Blake Griffin. Sad this guy still gets talked about.
    How old are you, out of curiosity?

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

National High School Star

Matt Bonner is more of a defensive threat than Barkley was

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Barkley sh!!!!ts all over pippen. Barkley is the 2nd greatest PF of all time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    Barkley sh!!!!ts all over pippen. Barkley is the 2nd greatest PF of all time.

That title belongs to:

(The Big Ticket)

i'll take barkley over KG anytime anyday. better rebounder, much better scorer, better post player, more clutch, and can create his own shot at will. KG is clearly a better defender, but i'm not buying 'barkley was a terrible defender' crap. and yes, KG is 6ft 11 and barkley is 6ft 5, but that didn't change the fact that barkley was a routine 25/12/4 guy and great playoff performer. barkley always elevated his game in the playoffs to another level.

1. duncan
    2. barkley
    3. malone
    4. kg
    5. mchale

for me

Banned

KG raw numbers wasn't too shabby in his prime from 99-08 season (10 years) he averaged 22ppg/12.2reb/4.8 assists as well as 22.3ppg/12.7reb/4.5 assists in the playoffs.

Not only is KG an elite scorer, passer and rebounder (much like Barkley.. on lower TO's), but he also gives you DPOY level defense for 10+ seasons, innate jumpshooting from anywhere inside the 3pt line (underrated aspect of the game). I'm not even going to get into intangibles like unselfishness, loyalty, leadership etc - an even bigger disparity between the two.

Give me KG over Barkley as the best or 2nd best player on my team every single time.

My top 5 PF's:

1. Tim Duncan (personally.. he's a center, but lets just ignore that for now)
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Karl Malone
    4. Dirk Nowitzki
    5. Charles Barkley
    Last edited by ImmortalD24; 06-30-2012 at 02:02 AM.

try harder

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    KG raw numbers wasn't too shabby in his prime from 99-08 season (10 years) he averaged 22ppg/12.2reb/4.8 assists as well as 22.3ppg/12.7reb/4.5 assists in the playoffs.

Not only is KG an elite scorer, passer and rebounder (much like Barkley.. on lower TO's), but he also gives you DPOY level defense for 10+ seasons, innate jumpshooting from anywhere inside the 3pt line (underrated aspect of the game). I'm not even going to get into intangibles like unselfishness, loyalty, leadership etc - an even bigger disparity between the two.

Give me KG over Barkley as the best or 2nd best player on my team every single time.

My top 5 PF's:

1. Tim Duncan (personally.. he's a center, but lets just ignore that for now)
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Karl Malone
    4. Dirk Nowitzki
    5. Charles Barkley
    KG was not an elite scorer. if KG was an elite scorer, the Barkley is elite x 2. and KG was a career loser before he joined other big 2. if KG was playing in 80's and 90's, he would be regarded as 3rd best in his own position without a doubt.

and dirk over barkley? how so? let's be honest here. dirk, for the longest time was a SF trapped in a 6ft 11 frame. and even with that insane fadeaway jumper of his, he wasn't even a better scorer than barkley was.

I learned all I need to know about Barkley when he said "as long as Larry Bird is in the league, there will be a worse defender than me".

He didnt give a shit about defense which is half of basketball and made it known. And that along with his work ethic cost him championships.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I learned all I need to know about Barkley when he said "as long as Larry Bird is in the league, there will be a worse defender than me".

He didnt give a shit about defense which is half of basketball and made it known. And that along with his work ethic cost him championships.
    barkley always hated Bird.
    he recently said bron is much better than bird too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    u mad Round Mound?
    He's fuming right now.

Inb4 he increases font size even more