Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Local High School Star

Default Re: What are the Lakers doing?

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I'm suggesting moving money from next season to a the final season that is already on the contract. Back load cash onto the final year and reassess the situation at a later date. Lakers need to make moves now and can't afford to sit around with their thumbs up their asses. I'm sure there are some fans who would gladly trade space to make serious moves right now for having their hands tied financially in 2013-2014.
    You can't do that. You cannot redo a contract to create cap space. Thats what KG did in Minnesota and they closed that loophole years ago

Besides as I said earlier only teams below the salary cap can renegotiate a players contract so it's a worthless conversation on two points
    Last edited by B; 06-30-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Banned

[QUOTE=B

Banned

Whatev. If the Lakers really wanted to do it, I'm sure there's a way they could manage something. I could care less either way.
    rofl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    rofl

Very good NBA starter

I'm suggesting moving money from next season to a the final season that is already on the contract. Back load cash onto the final year and reassess the situation at a later date. Lakers need to make moves now and can't afford to sit around with their thumbs up their asses. I'm sure there are some fans who would gladly trade space to make serious moves right now for having their hands tied financially in 2013-2014.
    I think you'd have to do this at the time of the signing. And besides who cares Kobe only has 2 years left on his contract. Even if you paid him 1 dollar next year the Lakers would still be way over the cap lmao

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I think you'd have to do this at the time of the signing. And besides who cares Kobe only has 2 years left on his contract. Even if you paid him 1 dollar next year the Lakers would still be way over the cap lmao
    It was supposed to go hand in hand with my suggestion that they deal Bynum while his value is still sky high, instead of waiting like they did with Gasol, whose value isn't as high as it was before the past two stinker post-seasons he had.