Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Pippen on Barkley "Selfish... doesnt show the desire to win.. Jordan was right"

"He's a very selfish guy," Pippen said of Barkley. "He doesn't show the desire to want to win. That's my reason for wanting to get away from playing with him anymore because he just doesn't show the dedication.

"I probably should've listened to Michael (Jordan) a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn't show any dedication."

Pippen wasn't finished.

"I was very shocked to see what type of player he was by spending half a season with him," he said of Barkley. "I'm a guy that's dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber.

"You know he's not willing to go the distance. There's no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning.

"Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don't show that to me. ... He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he's done a good job. But that's not what the game's about. It's about defending, being professional and coming to work every day."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ugxfIYANA

Pippen the true professional

Default Re: Pippen on Barkley "Selfish... doesnt show the desire to win.. Jordan was right"

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ugxfIYANA

Pippen the true professional

Barkley is so ovverrated here it's silly..

the guy destroyed every team he went to with his bad attitude and poor work ethic..

great TV persona...but come on...there is a reason his teams self destructed every year.

Default Re: Pippen on Barkley "Selfish... doesnt show the desire to win.. Jordan was right"

I read that entire article in Scottie Pippen's voice...

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

When Pippen scores 44 Points and Grabs 24 Rebounds in a Game 7...He Can Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    When Pippen scores 44 Points and Grabs 24 Rebounds in a Game 7...He Can Talk
    DAMNIT! Came in here specifically to post "Inb4 Round Mound", and now I'm dissapointed

Pelican Brief

Think this just stemmed from that disappointment that came from Dream,Barkley,Pippen, and Drexler(was he still there?) not winning a championship. I'm sure today this is all water under the bridge

Banned

You sure this wasn't Drexler?

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Let's be real, by the time Pip played with Barkley, Barkley had a shot back and was no where near the caliber player he once was

Banned

Give me prime Pippen over Barkley anyday of the week. LMAO at people comparing this 1 dimensional career loser and statpadder with Duncan and Garnett.

Barkley 1999(age 35): 16 ppg, 12 rpg, 5 apg, 48% FG

Pippen 2001(age 35): 11 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 45% FG

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer

Because numbers tell the whole story

Banned

I thought Barkely said those guys weren't hungry anymore and thats why they didn't do so well

Banned

"Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don't show that to me. ... He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he's done a good job. But that's not what the game's about. It's about defending, being professional and coming to work every day."

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Barkley gets those numbers in his sleep. He has GAME no denying that. Best power forward of his era, but that doesn't excuse him for his poor work ethic and dedication to the game. He never brought anything on the defensive end.

Barkley was an awesome player, but he was also a big mouth and a problem from time to time (when he wasnt winning).

But Pippen wasnt much better... He was a p*ssy before Jordan helped him find a heart... He also had his moment... where he sat out of the end of a game because Phil drew up the last play for Kukoc instead of him.. He got ripped for a while over that and people thought he would never live down all the criticism...Fortunately Mj came back and changed all the talk back to championships.

Pippen and Barkley are both legends, but Pippen has gotta be joking to accuse someone else of being selfish....