Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Seriously Derrick Rose can be Allen Iverson if he tried

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    If he tried? So he isn't trying to score 30 a game now with the amount of shots he is taking as the PG? And with the help around him?

Lol Iverson was dropping 30 a game when the entire time defense was focused on stopping him and he still didn't give the ball up.

People who compare D-Rose to Iverson or say CPIII > Iverson is just laughable.
    drose is the best pg in the league. get over it stupid trash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Yeah, I don't know of a player that took more lumps and bruises than Iverson - nobody now is remotely close. Even Shaq said he totally respects him for that. He was driven player that overcame a lot. He went heart, will and guts... . He carried a serious burden of scoring on that finals team. His team won as many games against LA as any team out West did so he deserves credit for that. He was singled out as the man to get for close to 100 games that year. Teams didn't even respect the second option.

PG: Snow
    SG: AI
    SF: George Lynch? (can't remember)
    PF: Tyrone Hill (lol)
    C: Mohammed (Mutombo after the trade)

with McKey and Geiger as best bench players.

All help was punishingly offensively challenged. Any player that was so severly isolated offensively all year long, deserves respect. He took hit after hit after hit and came back up just as determined. He couldn't look to the next guy. Yall keep acting like carrying a team is easy. Its one of the hardest things to do in the sport.

Very well said Iverson is one of my very favorite players, AI was a true warrior and had the heart of a lion, That's easily more than I can say for like what 95% of the damn league

In terms of raw talent, Iverson > Rose. Things may have played out differently if Iverson got to spend his prime on a stacked team with multiple offensive threats.

I would've loved to see Iverson as the starting SG on that 2000 Portland team.