Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Seriously Derrick Rose can be Allen Iverson if he tried

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
    Team chemistry? Make mediocre players seem better?

There's a reason Derrick Rose was number 1 pick three years ago. Chicago Bulls team sucked.

In his first year, in his rookie year he took a poor team to a epic game 7 with the future champs. Thats evidence he made a mediocre team perform better then expected.

We are 28-14. We played 9 games fully healthy. Derrick averaged in those games 11 assists. Without Boozer and Noah we are only winning because of (said lack) of team chemistry.
    The Bulls team that won the lottery the year that they picked Rose didn't really suck (at least not at the level that it traditionally takes to get a no.1 pick.) The Bulls only had a miniscule chance of winning the pick as they had one of the best records of all the non-playoff teams, they just defied the odds in winning the number one pick.

During Rose's rookie season the Bulls actually struggled quite a bit for long stretches and finished with a mediocre record (41-41 I believe), and Rose wasn't close to the first option on that team anyway; Gordon averaged 20 a game and earned himself a big payday, Salmons played very well for the team that season, and Cpt Kirk was pretty solid as well. Also, they took the Celtics to seven games in the post season that year, but it wasn't the year that we won the chip, and we didn't have KG available to us for that post season. I just wanted to correct the record a little for you.

With that said, Rose is still the shit, and Bulls fans are lucky as **** to have him on the team. I was reticent to say this initially, but he does have Iverson-like explosiveness, but he obviously has a superior build to go along with that speed and quickness. He's just an unbelievable package of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    I think nuggets was better
    too unorganized

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegr8
    The Bulls team that won the lottery the year that they picked Rose didn't really suck (at least not at the level that it traditionally takes to get a no.1 pick.) The Bulls only had a miniscule chance of winning the pick as they had one of the best records of all the non-playoff teams, they just defied the odds in winning the number one pick.

During Rose's rookie season the Bulls actually struggled quite a bit for long stretches and finished with a mediocre record (41-41 I believe), and Rose wasn't close to the first option on that team anyway; Gordon averaged 20 a game and earned himself a big payday, Salmons played very well for the team that season, and Cpt Kirk was pretty solid as well. Also, they took the Celtics to seven games in the post season that year, but it wasn't the year that we won the chip, and we didn't have KG available to us for that post season. I just wanted to correct the record a little for you.

With that said, Rose is still the shit, and Bulls fans are lucky as **** to have him on the team. I was reticent to say this initially, but he does have Iverson-like explosiveness, but he obviously has a superior build to go along with that speed and quickness. He's just an unbelievable package of talent.
    Bulls were a lottery team. Thats my definition of "suckiness".

Rose was not the first option but was the point guard for a mediocre team that over achieved which was my main point.

True. The Celtics were not Champions that year. However, they were the reigning Champions which only reinforces my rationale.

Rose is also 22 so it's pretty unfair to compare him to a guy we saw for the past 15 years or so.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Okay i didnt post anything so far but this is time i can't just let it go.Have you ever watched Iverson in prime? Allen Iverson in prime was the only player in the league unguardable except Shaq.I think he dropped 30 points in one half against 2001 Lakers in Finals.He won that the game almost by himself.And led his team to finals.Allen Iverson in prime was better than many legendary players but because of he never had push from David Stern, he is not respected today among teenagers.He was like rebel son of Stern when kobe was his 2nd Jordan.
    And Im a bulls fan.I have respect for Derrick Rose..I'm very glad he is a great player and i hope will be even better than iverson but its not easy.Don't say next iverson everytime you see fast,agile,shorter guard with scoring skills.Its same like saying "Next MJ" for every scorer athletic guard.

Thanks Dennis! Summed it up perfectly.

To the 5 yr old kids there: Rose is a beast, but he ain't got nothing on AI. That is all.

A.I had one of the best primes ever. He was unguardable while being 6feet tall
    Led his team to the finals, won MVP and was one of the top5 players for a few years
    Rose is good pg, but we have a lot of them in the L. Nowhere near the level of A.I

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Hey you make some strong points man I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

I don't think Iverson was a cancer or a bad player he is one of my personal favorites.

I just think maybe becoming the best little man scorer ever got in the way of him being the best player he could have been and more of a winner, but who knows, he could have done those things (I described earlier) and still not gottten a ring
    AI's best talent was his scoring and he was on a team completely devoid of scoring power and he tried to fill that role. Which is pretty much why his FG% is so low, when your under 6 feet tall and you take 25+ shots it's hard to get up that many good shots. He did what was best for his team. Make no mistake AI wanted to win more than just about everyone

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Let's see, that season his team was

PG: Snow
    SG: AI
    SF: George Lynch? (can't remember)
    PF: Tyrone Hill (lol)
    C: Mohammed (Mutombo after the trade)

with McKey and Geiger as best bench players.

Yeah, a dominant team. Anybody would have had a great season playing with them...
    LeBron probably would win 67 games with that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    AI's best talent was his scoring and he was on a team completely devoid of scoring power and he tried to fill that role. Which is pretty much why his FG% is so low, when your under 6 feet tall and you take 25+ shots it's hard to get up that many good shots. He did what was best for his team. Make no mistake AI wanted to win more than just about everyone

In retrospect maybe he didn't....he had heart, but if he wanted to win that bad he would have practiced harder and hit the weights and taken a lesser role.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    Thanks Dennis! Summed it up perfectly.

To the 5 yr old kids there: Rose is a beast, but he ain't got nothing on AI. That is all.
    Anytime.. I think in USA people follow trends more.Dwight > Shaq, Kobe> Jordan.. Rose > Iverson.. What the hell is wrong with people in these day..they must have fish memories or they are really idiot as comparing Rose with today's iverson in besiktas..not his prime.People say he was best pound by pound but its kinda downgrading him.. he was just not the best little man but he was better than many superstars no matter how big their size.I'm totally sick of people who look at stats or rings to define greatness.

Love him or hate him..but he deserve some respect..Before saying canswer, know that he is the one drink his own blood for 3 minutes in late of a game just to not sent to bench by of referee.. Now look at todays stars.. Huge guys with heart of wnba players at best.

P.S: Im proud that he plays for my team now

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    LeBron probably would win 67 games with that lineup.
    Lebron is fantastic but i seriously don't think he can. His teams were not good, i agree but still was better than iverson had that year.Of course Cavs sucks without Lebron this year..but i dont think that team would be different than todays Cavs without AI.Plus Iverson was more suitable for that lineup than Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Anytime.. I think in USA people follow trends more.Dwight > Shaq, Kobe> Jordan.. Rose > Iverson.. What the hell is wrong with people in these day..they must have fish memories or they are really idiot as comparing Rose with today's iverson in besiktas..not his prime.People say he was best pound by pound but its kinda downgrading him.. he was just not the best little man but he was better than many superstars no matter how big their size.I'm totally sick of people who look at stats or rings to define greatness.

Love him or hate him..but he deserve some respect..Before saying canswer, know that he is the one drink his own blood for 3 minutes in late of a game just to not sent to bench by of referee.. Now look at todays stars.. Huge guys with heart of wnba players at best.

P.S: Im proud that he plays for my team now
    Not many people say Kobe is better than Jordan. They like to bring up that conversation, mainly the media, just because it is the playoffs and it is something to talk about and draws in ratings.

That's all. Comparing Jordan in the finals to Kobe in the finals speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    In retrospect maybe he didn't....he had heart, but if he wanted to win that bad he would have practiced harder and hit the weights and taken a lesser role.
    its ego. He tried to win with his own power. I consider that was good, if you excel in one ability, you must use it without hesitation.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    A.I had one of the best primes ever. He was unguardable while being 6feet tall
    Led his team to the finals, won MVP and was one of the top5 players for a few years
    Rose is good pg, but we have a lot of them in the L. Nowhere near the level of A.I
    Sorry but i just dont see unguardable shooting 40% on 28 shots,thats called being a gun where i come from and not in a good way.Rose is a way better overall player than Iverson who might just be the most overrated highly rated player in the history of basketball....

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjalovic
    its ego. He tried to win with his own power. I consider that was good, if you excel in one ability, you must use it without hesitation.
    We disagree on this then. Your statement holds true to some sports but not team sports. You have to sacrifice for your teammates and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Not many people say Kobe is better than Jordan. They like to bring up that conversation, mainly the media, just because it is the playoffs and it is something to talk about and draws in ratings.

That's all. Comparing Jordan in the finals to Kobe in the finals speaks volumes.
    Now its lesser due to kobe's stats but i remember the hype among fans too when he put up 81 points and the year he produce 35 ppg .. probably that hype will be all over again if he can make more rings than Jordan.

Sports are competitive and i understand people love comparision, though.But most of the time stats and rings dont tell the real story.