Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: You guys think Lebron is mad.........

why dont you people just post the damn information

source: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b...rnational.html

lebron knows kobe is the god, kobe is 34 and has more fmvps and rings than the rest of the team combined, he is the most renowned player on the team and it's his last olympics - it is his team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact

Derrick Rose is the new Kobe in terms of popularity. No matter how good your favorite player is, he's never going to be as exciting as Derrick Rose. Rose's playing style translates to all continents. He barely speaks, but his game does the talking.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    LOL no. Lebron is NOT the biggest basketball star in America
    He's the first athlete a casual fan associates the NBA with today. He's undeniably the most talked about basketball athlete in the world the last 4 seasons. Universally recognized as the best too as of right now. I'm not talking about popularity here, which only measures how well-liked you are. I'm talking about notoriety - how well known you are. That's LeBron. I guarantee you he's the first player the average US person thinks of when he hears Team USA basketball.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

How can Lebron be mad?

Without Kobe, team usa has no gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    He's the first athlete a casual fan associates the NBA with today. He's undeniably the most talked about basketball athlete in the world the last 4 seasons. Universally recognized as the best too as of right now. I'm not talking about popularity here, which only measures how well-liked you are. I'm talking about notoriety - how well known you are. That's LeBron. I guarantee you he's the first player the average US person thinks of when he hears Team USA basketball.
    First off, everything you are saying is subjective. Secondly, the title of who's team it is has very little to do with skill. For example, 92' dream team, it was not Mike's team despite him being the best player. And No, kobe bryant is probably the name people associate to team USA as he lead the team last time.

BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    The '92 team wasn't Michael's. And this team isn't Kobe's.

the 92 dream team documentary talked about this.

there were always competition between old gen vs new gen of players

magic and bird or someone were fighting over who's team it was or who the best player was

then MJ walked in the room and said there's a new sheriff in town and magic or bird agreed after scrimmage or something. Overall consensus was that magic, bird and the 80s players are basically phasing out and are at the tail end of their careers, MJ is the head of the new generation at that time and was taking over

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
    lebron knows kobe is the god, kobe is 34 and has more fmvps and rings than the rest of the team combined, he is the most renowned player on the team and it's his last olympics - it is his team

Blah blah blah.. Kobe is not even a top 3 player on the team so its not his team he is just the elder statesman of team with alot of accolades so the other players give him the respect. IN the Big games Lebron and Durant will be on the court the Most during the Olympics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr beast
    the 92 dream team documentary talked about this.

there were always competition between old gen vs new gen of players

magic and bird or someone were fighting over who's team it was or who the best player was

then MJ walked in the room and said there's a new sheriff in town and magic or bird agreed after scrimmage or something. Overall consensus was that magic, bird and the 80s players are basically phasing out and are at the tail end of their careers, MJ is the head of the new generation at that time and was taking over
    Lebron's not like MJ though. I dont think he can handle confrontations. Kobe on the other hand, will straight up tell you, "this my team son".

I hope nobody is made over some trivial shit like that.

They just better focus on bringing gold back to the States.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

First off, everything you are saying is subjective. Secondly, the title of who's team it is has very little to do with skill. For example, 92' dream team, it was not Mike's team despite him being the best player.
    I'm not saying it's LeBron's team either. It's no one's team. I'm just saying LeBron's the first athlete the average person is going to associate Team USA with. He has easily been the most talked about and watched basketball athlete the last 2 years. He just won a championship 20 days ago. He's not trailing anyone on the celebrity list, that's for damn sure. Kobe's in the news because of what he SAID. It would've been big news regardless of who said it.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 07-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Yeah, it wasnt MJ's, so why is this team Kobe's?

It's the Olypic TEAM. It's not any player's team. If anything, it's coach K's team.

Who the hell is calling it Kobe's team? OP himself?

Once the action starts and LeBron and Durant are the ones kicking the shit out of the rest of the world, it won't look too much like Kobe's team.

That is true but to be honest LA, Chicago and Boston jersey's are cool looking. Miami? Not so much, its a bit boring.

But its amazing that Kobe still is nr 1 after all these years. I mean people have had the chance to buy that jersey for 15 years now and still can't get enough.