Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
embersyc
Lurker
 
embersyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,960
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Agreed. Even I liked Summers for a bit. That guy really was kind of a bust. He had the size and the skill and never put it all together. If we're going to rely on 2nd rounders it's going to be a tough season again. As fans we need to be smart and just enjoy watching our young talent get experience and grow.


Well there is the thing, I don't think the 2nd rounders will get much playing time, unless a trade goes down, English has the best shot at playing time considering, but I expect the rotation to look like...

Knight/Bynum
Stuckey/Maggette
Prince/Maggette
Maxiell/Monroe
Monroe/Drummond

...for most of the season. If Drummond starts outplaying Max, obviously things will change up, but I'm thinking Frank will keep a tight rotation most of the season.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,395
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Well there is the thing, I don't think the 2nd rounders will get much playing time, unless a trade goes down, English has the best shot at playing time considering, but I expect the rotation to look like...

Knight/Bynum
Stuckey/Maggette
Prince/Maggette
Maxiell/Monroe
Monroe/Drummond

...for most of the season. If Drummond starts outplaying Max, obviously things will change up, but I'm thinking Frank will keep a tight rotation most of the season.

I don't expect them to get much either. I think they'll eventually spend time in the D league.

I think Jerebko is a big part of the rotation too. Daye will see some PT. Hopefully he gets a chance. This year is the year he needs to step up. If he doesn't then I'm done with him too. Charlie V I don't care about much but I think he'll still get some PT. I also think Kravtsov will get a little burn, he could end up in the D league for a bit though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
embersyc
Lurker
 
embersyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,960
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

For some reason Jerebko totally slipped my mind. Yeah I'm sure he'll get regular minutes as long as somebody else (ie Daye) doesn't outperform him.


Not saying guys like Daye, Singler, English, Kratsov, Villanueva won't play, but I think they won't have regular spots in the rotation, and instead match-ups, and hothandedness will control their playing time.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

But to answer your question, Maynor (Pistons like him, but Thunder like him as well. They really have no need to move him) Pistons didn't like Fredette that much coming out of college. The help will likely come at PG. Got wing options. Detroit Free Press
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,395
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
But to answer your question, Maynor (Pistons like him, but Thunder like him as well. They really have no need to move him) Pistons didn't like Fredette that much coming out of college. The help will likely come at PG. Got wing options. Detroit Free Press

I read that today. I don't see why OKC would move Maynor. He's a solid backup for them. I'd rather not get help at PG. Let's see what Knight can do. If he's the PG of the future we need to play him. He should be able to step up this year. We have Stuckey and Bynum who can play point too so I don't feel like we're that thin there.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,726
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't like it. I think it's not enough to compete in the East. I have nothing against Martin or Morris. They just don't get our team to the next level. I'd much rather risk it in the draft.
And that trade would keep you from being able to get a sg in the draft? What kind of difference in draft position do you think that would make for the pistons?

I was under the impression that you wanted Villenueva and his contract gone
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,395
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
And that trade would keep you from being able to get a sg in the draft? What kind of difference in draft position do you think that would make for the pistons?

I was under the impression that you wanted Villenueva and his contract gone

I'd rather move it for cap space and draft picks. That trade certainly would affect our draft status. I think we would win about 5 more games.... which is only enough to give us a lower pick and not make much of a difference.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,726
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'd rather move it for cap space and draft picks. That trade certainly would affect our draft status. I think we would win about 5 more games.... which is only enough to give us a lower pick and not make much of a difference.
Thanks- I guess I didn't think of trading Villenueva for picks. What kind of picks do you figure you could get for him? My thought is on a contract you don't really want it would be tough to get picks but interested in what you think you could get
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,395
Default Re: Pistons Roster Not Finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Thanks- I guess I didn't think of trading Villenueva for picks. What kind of picks do you figure you could get for him? My thought is on a contract you don't really want it would be tough to get picks but interested in what you think you could get

It would be extremely tough, especially since most of the teams that would potentially be interested would probably have less cap space than Detroit. Right now Charlie isn't worth too much. They could maybe get a late first rounder but it's tough to say. I just don't want to keep trading for players that aren't difference makers. It's kind of like the BG trade. Sure I'm glad that he's moved on. That's probably good for him and Detroit. But getting Maggette doesn't really make me all that excited. It's really just a band aid for this year so we have someone who can play multiple positions and back up Stuckey and Prince. I'm not overly excited about the potential FA's next year and I don't see any potential big time players who are going to be available via trade so right now I think the way to fix things is through the draft.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy