Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #46
dbronx42
Decent playground baller

dbronx42 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Thunder might catch the Mavs in the standings

As a Nuggets fan, i would rather play Dallas > OKC any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Denver matches up with Dallas extremely well, and have the tools to take the Mavs pretty easily IMO.

Dallas is 0-9 in their last 9 games vs teams that are in the Western Conference Playoffs. They are old, injured, and don't really seem motivated anymore.

If Denver and OKC go at it, it's going to be a hard fought, bloody battle that will go to at least 6 games. But i think OKC would win it. They have Westbrook, who can contain the Nuggets PG combo with Felton and Lawson. Both are very young teams, but i just think the refs will give the superstar calls to Durant. Who is a huge flopper.

I have a lot of respect for the way the Thunder play the game. So as a fan of basketball i would absolutely love to see the Nuggets vs Thunder because i think it would be an amazing series. But i just think the Nuggets stand a 100x better chance advancing vs the Mavs.
dbronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #47
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
All this talk is so depressing.

Much better.
wo
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #48
Cone
thunder upton

Cone is considered somewhat coolCone is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Well said I agree with a lot of your points..

I just dont see the Mavs beating the nuggets or the blazers. Kidd and Terry will not show up. Others are too inconsistent and it will be on Dirks shoulders.
Without Butler its not going to happen.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Hopefully the Mavs continue to lose out.

1. Its a good wake up call to the entire franchise that they completely ****ed up again this year by not trading Butler's contract. Hopefully it will wake terry and kidd up

2. We would much rather play the Spurs than the Lakers if we do make the 2nd round

3. The Mavs are a good team. They just aren't a legit contending team. They have one star. They have a bunch of old players that wear down at this point like kidd and terry. They have no 2nd option, and their depth is over-rated beyond belief on here. Since when is roddy/barea/stevenson/peja/cardinal/haywood a good bench?

Mavs, as usual, ride Dirk's unbelievably consistent play to a good record.

No player in the game is winning anything with the supporting cast the mavs have. We had the chance to get Gerald Wallace for Butler and scrubs. We turned it down, and now we are playing peja and cardinal minutes at small forward. Just laughably bad.

Hopefully we drop to the 4 seed. I think we would ultimately beat the nuggets if we're healthy, but it will probably go 7. However, if Dirk isn't playing great, we have virtually no chance to beat anyone.

Same old story. Can't wait until Dirk retires and or leaves so I can stop supporting this joke of a franchise that has failed Dirk so badly.
The Mavs have proved a lot of people wrong up to this point.
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #50
Cone
thunder upton

Cone is considered somewhat coolCone is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Much better.

omg
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #51
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Much better.

Barely out of jailbait age.

And I don't care.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #52
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Much better.

DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #53
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
No they wouldn't. Dallas would beat Portland in 6.

winner winner chicken dinner
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #54
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Never get tired of it, right?
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #55
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Never get tired of it, right?

what what?

sorry, I was distracted.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: