Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #31
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: NHL rips NBA over ref scandal

Quote:
completely irrelevant to the topic.

As is Americans supposed lack of common sense.

Quote:
the common sense factor is simply from the fact that 'The NHL' didn't do this. The Dallas Stars marketing department did (can I attribute everything Mark Cuban says to the NBA? Use common sense).

Actually a lot of things individual teams do are considered the actions of the league. Positive and negative things. Ron Artest goes into the stands and the next day the issue is the NBA image. Not Ron Artests image. Barry Bonds is suspected of steriods....its a baseball issue...not a Giants issue. Few years ago when the Cavs traded everyone to lose games and get Lebron articles were written up on the NBA tanking problem not the morality of a single team. Teams arent seperate from the leagues they are in. The teams are a part of it. Especially when something harshly judged comes along. Leagues often take heat for the actions of the teams that make it up. They are an NHL team. Really think anyone gives a damn if the guy who signed off on it was from the league office or not? Every team is the NHL just as every state is America. Branches of the same tree.

Quote:
Yet people around ISH (who happen to be American) decided to give hockey a kick while it is down by spewing out nonsense against the league, who will probably react negatively to the campaign, especially when you consider the commisioner comes from the NBA (use common sense).

I just noticed something...you are one of those Nash types I think. I avoided just about all discussion on him last season but I still ran into enough to know that. Hardcore Nash fan....anti American...hockey supporter. I suppose you are from Canada. If you are in fact not from Canada...I still choose to mentally file you under Canadian. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Quote:
TV ratings don't dictate the health of hockey as it does other sports, its a spectacle, live entertainment, and its a game that can survive in places like southern US states where it has absolute no place in the culture or the fabric of the society. Does that mean it is dead? No use....drum roll please...common sense.

So sports other than Hockey should be judged by ratings but hockey is off the hook because its a spectacle and live entertainment? Please. Hockey isnt even as much of a spectacle as Nascar. Its just some guys playing a sport. Nothing that happens in a hockey(or probably even the nba) season is much of a spectacle compared to the major sporting events. Superbowl...world cup...even the NCAA final 4 in a way. And I never said hockey is dead. You said hockey is not dead when nobody said it was before you. And not only that...I specifically said:

Quote:
Is the sport dead? Of course not. But just because someone somewhere plays and the league technically exists that doesnt mean its fine.

Its easy to make a point when the other side said the same thing and never said the thing youre acting as if you proved wrong. The fact that nobody said it to begin with really reduces the opposition. Best way I know of to pretend to be right.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #32
MJ23
Banned

the only reason people watch hockey is the brawls they have...otherwise it really sucks
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #33
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
As is Americans supposed lack of common sense.
at least you agree its irrelevant.

Quote:
Actually a lot of things individual teams do are considered the actions of the league. Positive and negative things. Ron Artest goes into the stands and the next day the issue is the NBA image. Not Ron Artests image. Barry Bonds is suspected of steriods....its a baseball issue...not a Giants issue. Few years ago when the Cavs traded everyone to lose games and get Lebron articles were written up on the NBA tanking problem not the morality of a single team. Teams arent seperate from the leagues they are in. The teams are a part of it. Especially when something harshly judged comes along. Leagues often take heat for the actions of the teams that make it up. They are an NHL team. Really think anyone gives a damn if the guy who signed off on it was from the league office or not? Every team is the NHL just as every state is America. Branches of the same tree.

how many ways is this paragraph bunk, let me count the ways.

1-we never saw 'NBA attacks fan', but we do see 'NHL rips NBA', when in fact the NHL will probably rip the Dallas Stars, in turn siding with the NBA.

2-you are equating on the field action (or on the court action) with something done by some pencil pusher in the Stars office. Artest, and Bonds are (or at least were) marketable components of their leagues,not part of the marketing mechanism. If they do something bad, it reflects poorly because they are part the product they are selling. The NHL is getting ripped over the way one team foolishly tried to sell its product.

Quote:
I just noticed something...you are one of those Nash types I think. I avoided just about all discussion on him last season but I still ran into enough to know that. Hardcore Nash fan....anti American...hockey supporter. I suppose you are from Canada. If you are in fact not from Canada...I still choose to mentally file you under Canadian. Just seems like the right thing to do.

tit for tat I guess here. Hope you feel better. BTW I am anything but anti-American, but I guess that common sense thing I said really irked you. Kind of funny. I took you for being more stoic, I guess I will mentally file you under 'easily agitated.' Just seems like the right thing to do:)

For the record, it was this quote that made me write that. I didn't realize you'd turn me into Fidel Castro over it:

Quote:
You are acting like what happens in most worldwide sports leagues actually matters to us, or that we care what the rest of the world thinks about our sport's leagues.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #34
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
the only reason people watch hockey is the brawls they have...otherwise it really sucks
How many people bashing hockey have ever attended a live game? It doesn't even need to be the NHL, how about a major junior league? It isn't just brawls, there is a ton of skill involved, the gracefulness of skating, the power and accuracy of a shot on net, the team play, pin-point passing, et cetera. Seriously, it is a great sport, miles ahead of many others, yet for some reason a lot of you seem to write it off as if it shouldn't even exist. Why?
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #35
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
How many people bashing hockey have ever attended a live game? It doesn't even need to be the NHL, how about a major junior league? It isn't just brawls, there is a ton of skill involved, the gracefulness of skating, the power and accuracy of a shot on net, the team play, pin-point passing, et cetera. Seriously, it is a great sport, miles ahead of many others, yet for some reason a lot of you seem to write it off as if it shouldn't even exist. Why?

Its a losing arguement my man, they think they know everything down there. Its the reason they're getting there ass kicked all around the world.

Howled when I saw your Avatar.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: