Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
       

Default Re: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Maybe confusing was the wrong word?

Heck on the same card even, the size difference between Mike Perry and Lim looked even more pronounced and those guys were in the same weight class. I know there's a huge difference that Diaz didn't have to drain himself to make weight and Lim did. Appearances matter though. Those matchups feel too common and in my eyes leech some of the specialness from what Conor did on Saturday.
    okay, that makes sense.

they actually made a rule change recently, i forget if it already started or it takes effect at the end of the year-- that you are only allowed to cut / regain so much weight at one time. that should help both fighters come in to a fight night closer to the official division weight.

beyond that, i don't know that there's much else to be done. guys who are stockier / taller are generally going to have an advantage in rehydrated weight. is it really a big deal tho? every fighter is going to have a bunch of qualities like age, MMA experience, primary discipline, fight camp, natural ability, etc that are going to create differences.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    thing is, there are different levels of "walking around weight."

there's the weight you walk around at between camps, which can include a variety of factors like flab, extra muscle and reduced aerobic endurance. that's generally the heaviest a fighter weighs during their careers.

then there's the in-camp walking around weight, when you're in optimal condition and weigh about the same that you will on fight night, before you go through the brutal shedding of water and rehydrating process.

so those are two significantly different weights. for some fighters they may be very similar, but for others like johny hendricks, they can be enormously different.

conor has collected four belts now across two divisions in two different orgs. i'm not aware that gassing was ever much of a problem for him. that would suggest that both times against nate, he was fighting over his optimal in-camp weight. also, having to fight a guy so much heavier and longer than you are is obviously going to be taxing. you have to spend more energy quickly covering distance and you have to put more energy in to your shots. that stuff is no joke.....
    Well I meant walk-around weights as in optimal fighting condition. The link I posted was 8 days before a fight. I pretty sure Conor's fight weight has always been 165-170 lbs, so I def don't agree that he gassed cause he put on more weight because I don't think he actually did put on more weight. If anything, his gas tank should be better considering he wouldn't have had to put himself through a grueling 30lb cut and can just walk straight from the camp to the fight.

   

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    Well I meant walk-around weights as in optimal fighting condition. The link I posted was 8 days before a fight. I pretty sure Conor's fight weight has always been 165-170 lbs, so I def don't agree that he gassed cause he put on more weight because I don't think he actually did put on more weight. If anything, his gas tank should be better considering he wouldn't have had to put himself through a grueling 30lb cut and can just walk straight from the camp to the fight.
    you're not wrong, but it's possible that there's more involved than meets the eye.

like i said, he doesn't have a history of gassing at 145 and 155 with the weight cut. it seems like it should be easier on his endurance by skipping weight cut, and yet it wasn't.

and don't forget what i said about about the extra energy required to fight nate. daniel cormier is an example of a guy who doesn't seem to tire ordinarily, yet fighting the much taller jones (6'4") and gusty (6'5"), he was visibly exhausted both times.

you're not wrong, but it's possible that there's more involved than meets the eye.

like i said, he doesn't have a history of gassing at 145 and 155 with the weight cut. it seems like it should be easier on his endurance by skipping weight cut, and yet it wasn't.

and don't forget what i said about about the extra energy required to fight nate. daniel cormier is an example of a guy who doesn't seem to tire ordinarily, yet fighting the much taller jones (6'4") and gusty (6'5"), he was visibly exhausted both times.
    Yeah, your last paragraph is probably the most logical explanation. Def wouldn't be easy fighting a guy like Nate. Tall, always advancing, moving and usually throwing a lot himself as well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You haven't got a clue about fighting you useless gimp. The fact you don't understand how a weight higher for one fighter is a much more difficult task than another is just mind boggling. You literally think all things are held equal when a 6'1 fighter moves up 1 weight division to 170, and another one moves up two weight classes at 5'9 and he can't even make it to 170 ffs.

You're f*cking remedial. Slow. Caveman like. Just plain old dumb.
    Well listen to to you cupcake...you come up with all this rhetoric by yourself? I'm impressed.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Well listen to to you cupcake...you come up with all this rhetoric by yourself? I'm impressed.
    TBH, a bunch of us stayed up all night working on that response. it was pretty much a tossup as to credit, but someone had to be the man.

good job as usual, Smoke117.

TBH, a bunch of us stayed up all night working on that response. it was pretty much a tossup as to credit, but someone had to be the man.

good job as usual, Smoke117.
    See now this is the kind of sarcasm I can respect.

You don't know shit about fighting. No argument whatsoever, hence this weak ass post

At this point you might as well fly to Australia and let him take a dump right on your face. Literally every back and forth with you two is just him ripping you to shreds

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    You don't know shit about fighting. No argument whatsoever, hence this weak ass post

At this point you might as well fly to Australia and let him take a dump right on your face. Literally every back and forth with you two is just him ripping you to shreds
    What the **** is wrong with you? Following some man around all over his nuts...jesus christ, I'm not going to **** you, okay?

Also while I'm here...I've drank away more knowledge of basketball and MMA than you will ever have, you ****ing child.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 08-29-2016 at 06:14 PM.

What the **** is wrong with you? Following some man around all over his nuts...jesus christ, I'm not going to **** you, okay?

Also while I'm here...I've drank away more knowledge of basketball and MMA than you will ever have, you ****ing child.
    No, you really haven't. You don't know jack shit about fighting. Being an old alcoholic loser doesn't give you more knowledge on anything besides being an old alcoholic loser. The fact that you can't grasp that moving up weight classes will impact your cardio proves you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

And your basketball knowledge is even shittier than your fighting knowledge. You're a failure in every respect dude.

No, you really haven't. You don't know jack shit about fighting. Being an old alcoholic loser doesn't give you more knowledge on anything besides being an old alcoholic loser. The fact that you can't grasp that moving up weight classes will impact your cardio proves you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you're talking about.

And your basketball knowledge is even shittier than your fighting knowledge. You're a failure in every respect dude.
    32 is old now...hum...i'm not up with the times.

I fail at everything...but getting your goat it seems. *kiss*

Regardless of all that...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period. Conor gassed out by the end of the 2nd round...in a five round fight. If you think that's okay then you're a bigger dipshit than I already thought.

32 is old now...hum...i'm not up with the times.

I fail at everything...but getting your goat it seems. *kiss*

Regardless of all that...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period. Conor gassed out by the end of the 2nd round...in a five round fight. If you think that's okay then you're a bigger dipshit than I already thought.
    You are so f*cking mad right now

Conor won bro. It's over. It's done. You can be as mad as you want but the reality is even going up weight classes he had it in him to catch his second wind in the fourth and get it done.

You are so f*cking mad right now

Conor won bro. It's over. It's done. You can be as mad as you want but the reality is even going up weight classes he had it in him to catch his second wind in the fourth and get it done.
    lol why would I be mad? I bet on conor you ****ing clown...doesn't change the fact that he's by far the most overrated fighter in MMA right now...a guy who hasn't even defended his title and is afraid of the rematch with Aldo.

AND AGAIN...you guys act like Nate Diaz is some top tier fighter...he's basically a gate keeper at ANY DIVISION. Conor was going to go up and fight RDA (who would have brutally sodomized him) at lightweight, but fighting Nate Diaz...a natural lightweight...is too much? LOL.

   

...you should never GAS OUT IN THE ****ING 2ND ROUND if you are a world class fighter, period.
    shoulda-woulda-coulda. plenty of top fighters gas out pretty fast. pettis just did it on saturday.

you'll also notice that conor in fact limited any damage done to him during that time, then caught his second wind and won the 4th when nate himself gassed for awhile.

shoulda-woulda-coulda. plenty of top fighters gas out pretty fast. pettis just did it on saturday.

you'll also notice that conor in fact limited any damage done to him during that time, then caught his second wind and won the 4th when nate himself gassed for awhile.
    Well...yeah...it's easy to avoid damage when you are running away like a bitch:

Don't be scared homie