Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Magic vs Chuck 88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LoELfNFZaQ

Great editing, made me feel like I was watching an entire game and not just highlight clips.

Magic is on another level.

Default Re: Magic vs Chuck 88

Magic is clearly better than LeBron or any player in this era. Barkley too.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Magic is clearly better than LeBron or any player in this era. Barkley too.
    This should be added to the dumbest things said on ISH thread

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Barkley would destroy everyone

He wasn't even afraid of Shaq: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0vCaZkULds

Wreak havoc on the court vs Magic

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    This should be added to the dumbest things said on ISH thread
    I know this board is owned by LeBron and Nike or whatever but the proof is in this video. Look how Magic orchestrates the offense and can also score at will. His left hand is awesome. LeBron can only bulldoze to he rim.

LeBrons the best now but Magic was a better player and it is easy to see.

And Barkley would easily own Cousins, Davis, Gasol...look at his motor.
    Last edited by DoctorP; 08-21-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Magic and Charles are two players that will never be duplicated again. Two Legends!

I know this board is owned by LeBron and Nike or whatever but the proof is in this video. Look how Magic orchestrates the offense and can also score at will. His left hand is awesome. LeBron can only bulldoze to he rim.

LeBrons the best now but Magic was a better player and it is easy to see.

And Barkley would easily own Cousins, Davis, Gasol...look at his motor.
    Magic being better than LeBron is certainly arguable. He's a greater offensive player, and arguably the greatest offensive player ever when taking into account the combination of scoring, playmaking and controlling the tempo of a game. But LeBron is a flat out better scorer (you can argue the means all you want, but the results are clear to see) and a far better defender.

Barkley has no case over LeBron. That's the dumb part.

I'd take Magic over Bron as well.

Magic is just a better player in general. Bron's defense is better, but Magic's tends to be overlooked.

At the end of the day I'd rather have Magic lead my team, he does so many things better than Bron. Magic in this era would be a joke.

Imagine playing Magic with single coverage with clear outs? He'd be destroying his man with today's rules on an isolation clear out, they would HAVE to double him. But then he'd pick you apart with dimes, better than Bron would ever dream of.

Chuck today will probably be banned.

There is no way he can play in today's league, rules would have to be changed again to stop him. Anyone even that's tough enough to contain him will get kicked out so how will he be stopped? There may be 3-5 players league wide that can do a good job on him, but they'd either be in foul trouble or kicked out for attempting to play to his demeanor.

Fine maybe I went overboard with Sir Charles but he was a beast inside and could finish better than Bron. More finesse.

Fine maybe I went overboard with Sir Charles but he was a beast inside and could finish better than Bron. More finesse.
    Who could finish better than Chuck? Maybe Shaq? Wasn't chuck hitting 80% of his shots close to the rim for a lot of his career? Just insane. I don't think anyone's debating that he's a beast, but Bron's on another level overall.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Charles was a better scorer than Lebron per shot taken. Chuk had better post moves (actually had post play) and was a much better rebounder. Lebron was a better defender. Barkley was a better inside finisher and as a coast to coast players i have as a tie. Lebron was a better ballhandler and passer though.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Who could finish better than Chuck? Maybe Shaq? Wasn't chuck hitting 80% of his shots close to the rim for a lot of his career? Just insane. I don't think anyone's debating that he's a beast, but Bron's on another level overall.
    That's going overboard as well, he's not on another level overall.

One can make a pretty good case that Charles is even better. He wins 1 ring and he's not being laughed at.

And I'll take Magic over Bron without thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Charles was a better scorer than Lebron per shot taken. Chuk had better post moves (actually had post play) and was a much better rebounder. Lebron was a better defender. Barkley was a better inside finisher and as a coast to coast players i have as a tie. [COLOR="Red"]Lebron was a better ballhandler and passer though[/COLOR].
    I dunno about being a better passer, if anything they're very close.

Bron's role was to be a playmaker, but Chuck saw the floor just as well and was perhaps better at reading and reacting (something I've criticized Bron for many times).

Like MJ and Magic, Chuck saw the double and triple teams before they materialized and made quick strikes, didn't pound the ball, and waited and pounded the ball and waited, and pounded the ball, and waited and pounded the ball and waited..... that sort of quick read and reaction time is very underrated and is a big component in being a great passer.

If Chuck was asked to be a distributor there is no doubt that he could average just as many assists as Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I dunno about being a better passer, if anything they're very close.

Bron's role was to be a playmaker, but Chuck saw the floor just as well and was perhaps better at reading and reacting (something I've criticized Bron for many times).

Like MJ and Magic, Chuck saw the double and triple teams before they materialized and made quick strikes, didn't pound the ball, and waited and pounded the ball and waited, and pounded the ball, and waited and pounded the ball and waited..... that sort of quick read and reaction time is very underrated and is a big component in being a great passer.

If Chuck was asked to be a distributor there is no doubt that he could average just as many assists as Bron.
    man u are really dumb