Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WOJ BOMB: Nash returning today

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
    ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Yahoo Sources: After five weeks on sidelines, Steve Nash expected to return to Lakers lineup on Friday. http://yhoo.it/1g6LUGj

Heart of a lion. DOMINATE FAKE WARRIORS

Default Re: WOJ BOMB: Nash returning today

Money hungry piece of trash

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    you're giving him shit for showing up to work and working, i hope you lose your legs or something terrible. idiot.

Sunshine State

For how long though

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    you're giving him shit for showing up to work and working, i hope you lose your legs or something terrible. idiot.
    He's done

He should have retired saved the Lakers the cap space next year

What about Jordan Hill? Is he even alive?

He's done

Kobe should have saved them some cap space. At least Nash is just living out an existing deal and didn't negotiate a whole new deal.

But seriously, you take as much money as the team will give you. If you get hurt and end up not earning that money based on the value you contribute? Sorry, that's just the risk of the trade.

Just like KoMe

Every man for themselves

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

He's done

this is such a ridiculous, entitled point of view. He has a contract, he will attempt to fulfill it. Funny how much vitriol Nash has gotten when most (not all, but most) laker fans wont say shit about kobe negotiating a new, huge deal while he is out with injury.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    this is such a ridiculous, entitled point of view. He has a contract, he will attempt to fulfill it. Funny how much vitriol Nash has gotten when most (not all, but most) laker fans wont say shit about kobe negotiating a new, huge deal while he is out with injury.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have the same viewpoint.

And it is the viewpoint of what is best for the team, the Lakers would be so much better off if Nash would retire. He is old, can't stay healthy, and it would save the Lakers money.

As for the comparison to Kobe, that's laughable. One has been in LA for 2 seasons, has been injured most of the time, and has only played 60 games so far. The other has played in LA his entire adult life and has won 5 championships for the team.

He's done

unless you're also a billionaire i can't even begin to understand your perspective, so i hate you for being a troll/moron.

kick rocks

Nash was gonna get his full salary either way, the dude is done. He's finished, his career as an effective player is over. He medically retires and the Lakers can stretch out his salary against the cap for 3 seasons. So instead of a full 9 million hit next year, it's only 3 Milli. Nash reminds me of a cockaroach, who keeps trying to run instead of accepting its fate and just dying.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have the same viewpoint.

And it is the viewpoint of what is best for the team, the Lakers would be so much better off if Nash would retire. He is old, can't stay healthy, and it would save the Lakers money.

As for the comparison to Kobe, that's laughable. One has been in LA for 2 seasons, has been injured most of the time, and has only played 60 games so far. The other has played in LA his entire adult life and has won 5 championships for the team.
    but, in a realistic view, why the **** would he retire and lose out on a guaranteed contract? Especially one worth $100k salary for a century? Sure, the fans of the team would like it. As a pistons fan, I would love for Josh Smith to retire. Again, its not about the longevity with the team or loyalty or any of that. Nash has a contract in hand. It wasnt signed or extended while he was injured. Its incredibly hypocritical for fans to bemoan him clogging their cap when they just massively overpaid kobe (relative to the cap and his bball level, not necc his finanical value to the franchise) WHILE he was out with injury.

Beside, you have your highest paid player saying he could come back if they weren't out of the playoff race. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team?

Finally, according to Nash, the team basically said they didnt want him coming back too soon because they wanted to see what they had with Kendall Marshall, etc.

IMO this smacks of the same scapegoating that happened to Pau and others in the past.

Nash was gonna get his full salary either way, the dude is done. He's finished, his career as an effective player is over. He medically retires and the Lakers can stretch out his salary against the cap for 3 seasons. So instead of a full 9 million hit next year, it's only 3 Milli. Nash reminds me of a cockaroach, who keeps trying to run instead of accepting its fate and just dying.
    Someone really needs to stab you.

The Lakers could have not played him this season instead of allowing him to play 10 games.