Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Sooo.......Who's Growth Is Kobe Stunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    The Los Angeles Lakers as a team and organization as a whole.
    I missed this. Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I understand what you're saying, I just disagree for the most part. These guys are grown, even though still young, they're not children. If I see someone going about something the wrong way, Id try my best to do the complete opposite. I could see subconscience habits forming if they were way younger but not as grown men. I mean, Kobe's always played the same way. Thats what I don't get. He hasn't changed his style, he's playing the same style he's always played except he's shooting more 3's...True, his talent is nowhere near good enough to play that way anymore but I mean, he's always been who he is.
    I get that, we can disagree, it's an opinion not something that's really fact based. You see someone doing something the wrong way and you try to do the opposite, not everyone thinks that way. Some people think "oh he does it this way, that means I can too" or "he does it this way, I don't like that, I'm going to try to correct him" or a multitude of other thoughts.

The best way to avoid those types of thoughts around you are by doing it the right way. Part of what made Kobe so great was his stubbornness, but that's also part of what has made him so unbearable to watch this year.

I get it, if you know Kobe you should know this is just how he is and you should have seen this coming but it doesn't make it anymore excusable imo.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I get that, we can disagree, it's an opinion not something that's really fact based. You see someone doing something the wrong way and you try to do the opposite, not everyone thinks that way. Some people think "oh he does it this way, that means I can too" or "he does it this way, I don't like that, I'm going to try to correct him" or a multitude of other thoughts.

The best way to avoid those types of thoughts around you are by doing it the right way. Part of what made Kobe so great was his stubbornness, but that's also part of what has made him so unbearable to watch this year.

I get it, if you know Kobe you should know this is just how he is and you should have seen this coming but it doesn't make it anymore excusable imo.
    I agree with this. I just don't know who should be really upset. The Lakers are bad and they've been bad for a while now. Part of is Kobe taking up a large chunk of the salary cap but the other part just seems like bad management/planning for the future.

Even now they have Clarkson and Russell, Russell more a PG but they're both pretty interchangeable. Then there's Randle. I've always liked Randle, I just don't know why the Lakers took him. They should have drafted somebody that could give them help on both sides of the ball, immediately.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I missed this. Please explain?
    The absurd cap-killing contract. The alienation of marquee teammates. The scowl.

All detriments to growth.