Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: The GOAT standard

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    At the very least he would have won the 94 title. Since that team was able to win 55 games without MJ, as the common argument, then keeping MJ in that mix certainly means a bad call doesn't decide the Knicks series, they beat the Pacers, and probably take out the Rockets in 5 or 6. If Grant still leaves them in 95 and the frontcourt is thin, they probably still lose. MJ didn't need bigs for offense but he needed the dirty work done against the bigs of the era, hence the value of Grant/Rodman.

So, 7 in 8 years. Still far beyond what anyone else has done other than the 60's Celtics.
    No because fatigue would have been a factor. I'd say he wins in 94 but he doesn't 3 peat twice because he would of definitely been gassed out by the 98 season if he didn't retire

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    No because fatigue would have been a factor. I'd say he wins in 94 but he doesn't 3 peat twice because he would of definitely been gassed out by the 98 season if he didn't retire
    So he wins 4 straight, possibly loses in 95, comes back strong in 96 and 97, and let's play your game and say he gasses out by 98. He still ends up with 6 rings, which is still far beyond anyone but Russell's Celtics. You're trying to concoct all these cute little scenarios to try and take away from the ring count, but he'll still end up with a minimum of 6. And if he's gassed out by 98, then he probably doesn't face the '10.7 second option Hornacek' Jazz, so Simon loses ammunition for half his posts and goes to play in a minefield. A win-win all things considered.

So he wins 4 straight, possibly loses in 95, comes back strong in 96 and 97, and let's play your game and say he gasses out by 98. He still ends up with 6 rings, which is still far beyond anyone but Russell's Celtics. You're trying to concoct all these cute little scenarios to try and take away from the ring count, but he'll still end up with a minimum of 6. And if he's gassed out by 98, then he probably doesn't face the '10.7 second option Hornacek' Jazz, so Simon loses ammunition for half his posts and goes to play in a minefield. A win-win all things considered.
    I'm not trying to take away from anything you insecure fanboy

All i said was the idea that Jordan would of won 8 straight if he didn't retire is absurd.

He's not winning in 95 period and he loses in 98 due to fatigue.

I'm not trying to take away from anything you insecure fanboy

All i said was the idea that Jordan would of won 8 straight if he didn't retire is absurd.

He's not winning in 95 period and he loses in 98 due to fatigue.
    You're part of the 'MJ's competition was weak' brigade, you inbred c**t. MJ winning more or less titles than he did doesn't change my life in any way, but I suspect you're one more Lebron finals failure away from shooting yourself.

You're part of the 'MJ's competition was weak' brigade, you inbred c**t. MJ winning more or less titles than he did doesn't change my life in any way, but I suspect you're one more Lebron finals failure away from shooting yourself.
    If you say so idc about LeBron tbh

If you say so idc about LeBron tbh

Look how riled up you got just from me saying that MJ wouldn't eight peat

I'm not close to being a LeBron fanboy as much as you fanboy and suck MJs **** 24/7

I actually acknowledge that LeBron has flaws unlike you MJ stans thinking he's so damm perfect

Look how riled up you got just from me saying that MJ wouldn't eight peat

I'm not close to being a LeBron fanboy as much as you fanboy and suck MJs **** 24/7

I actually acknowledge that LeBron has flaws unlike you MJ stans thinking he's so damm perfect
    An eye-roll is getting riled up? You're gonna be in for quite a shock about how the world works when your balls eventually drop.

I've never said MJ was perfect, he had his flaws. His first 3 years he was an individualistic showboat, GOAT-level individual talent and artistry, but he wasn't going anywhere if he didn't adapt his style into a more team-oriented approach( and got better teammates). You can bronze that statement.