Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: The Knicks are not going anywhere this year...because of

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    How are Knicks more overrated than the Nets? Knicks are predicted to win fewer games, Nets are predicted to win more than last year.
    I meant on ISH.

And the Nets should be predicted to get more wins, they got better players in the off season. Their expectations should be high. Not saying the Knicks shouldn't, but really what I've read in this thread ? I'd say their getting overrated.

When has Woodson ever had a worse winning percentage than the previous year? Kidd has never coached in his life.
    The previous year matters now ? If so, then the Pacers and Bulls are better going forward and have shown to be better than the Knicks.

And again, how are the Knicks going to have a chance at the top seed against the Heat if both teams are healthy ?

The Celtics were SIGNIFICANTLY better without Rondo. I guess that means he was a cancer to his team.

Actually, they weren't. The playoffs showed otherwise.

And Rondo is a far better player than Bargnani. Bargnani flat out seemed disinterested when he packed it in and as far more flaws.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They need to start Beno at the #PG and they will be at there best

Yeah he's so bad and awkward defensively. He's probably not in great shape cause of pneumonia he had in summer for like a month. But still, I think they need to put him on the 2nd unit and hide him defensively playing with KMart and MWP. Novak is a bad defender too, but he understands what he's supposed to be doing at least. Bargs always looks a step behind.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They need to start Beno at the #PG and they will be at there best
    You obviously haven't watched preseason games because Beno looks awful so far. He's not getting close to that starting lineup...

The Knicks and Nets both need another wing who can get to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yeah he's so bad and awkward defensively. He's probably not in great shape cause of pneumonia he had in summer for like a month. But still, I think they need to put him on the 2nd unit and hide him defensively playing with KMart and MWP. Novak is a bad defender too, but he understands what he's supposed to be doing at least. Bargs always looks a step behind.

You obviously haven't watched preseason games because Beno looks awful so far. He's not getting close to that starting lineup...
    Bargs is a much better defender than Novak. It's not even close. ANd i say that fully well knowing how meh he is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Knicks and Nets both need another wing who can get to the rim.
    JJ has about a 50% inside 10 feet of the rim. I can see him doing more slashing than jumpshooting now that they have Pierce in the corner.
    Last edited by CanYouDigIt; 10-12-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Your mum is a whore.

Da fcuk is a"mum"?

Because of....

a. Miami, Indy, Chicago, BK in the East

b. Melo has the worst playoff record of all time, meaning the series are not competitive. This is because he plays an efficient style of volume scoring that doesn't translate to the playoffs, much like T.Mac who also had a terrible playoff resume.

c. They will miss the veteran leadership Kidd, KT, Sheed all brought to the team. There is a reason they had their best season in 15 years last season despite their "age"

d. They lost the excellent 3 point shooting they gained at various part of the season from Kidd, Copeland, Novak, Sheed and replaced that with worse shooters like Bargnani

e. Their defense went from top 5 to average in one off-season most of which was because of Chandler. Now he has even more work to do playing next to Bargnani

f. They did not improve nearly as much as their counterparts.(if they did even improve I'm not sure)
    Kidd - yes he trailed off but he was large part of the hot start and offered leadership and IQ the team sorely lacked
    Copeland - streaky but a revelation at time last yera
    Novak - had 17 games of double figures IIRC and still shot well from 3 overall despite the down year
    Sheed - another player who's shooting, D and leadership came in handy during critical phases
    KT/Camby - didn't play much but again, having vets like that around helps

vs.

Bargnani - an inefficient, defense last big man
    Udrih - a 3rd string quality PG (Felton and Prigioni are better) who hasn't been relevant in years, if ever
    MWP - the richest team in the league trying to make the playoffs amnestied him, since he's done
    Hardaway - still 3rd string behind Iman and JR

I will say, last season I stated I thought the Knicks would have a better record than the Nets, but I highly doubt they will this season. They will still be a very good regular season team with their shooting, vets and experience/chemistry but I don't think they will win as many games as last season. They are roughly the same talent wise, but the East improved where 54 games last season is probably under 50 this year.

50 wins and 1st round exit is my prediction.

How are Knicks more overrated than the Nets? Knicks are predicted to win fewer games, Nets are predicted to win more than last year.

When has Woodson ever had a worse winning percentage than the previous year? Kidd has never coached in his life.
    This is a lie.
    ESPN, Vegas and I'd say about 60% of posters said NY would be better (including me).

Nets went 2-2 against NY despite:
    -It was the Nets first year together
    -All the games were before the AS break when Deron was 17/7 on 42/35% Deron as opposed to 23/8 on 48/42% Deron
    -Lopez missing the game Kidd won with a last 2nd 3
    -Nets having PJ or Avery coaching

Nets are adding:
    Hump -> KG
    Wallace -> Pierce
    Bogans -> AK
    Brooks - -> Terry
    Stackhouse -> Alan Anderson
    Watson -> Livingston
    Bad Deron -> Good Deron
    Bad coaches -> Kidd, Frank, Hughes, Rogers, Brunty, Welch

Knicks are adding:
    Kidd -> Udrih
    Novak -> Bargnani
    Sheed -> ??
    KThomas/Camby -> ??
    Copeland -> MWP
    + Hardaway

No where near the level of improvement.

Overall Felton is terrible against Deron for his career (35% shooting or something pathetic) and Lopez does well against Chandler.

The Nets will finish ahead of the Knicks barring major injuries to Deron or Lopez. In fact if those two play at least 70 games each, I would beg any one here to make a money bet with me. $100 minimum and unless you are willing to do that, I don't even want to hear from you.

Carmelo and Bargnani pairing will surprise a lot of people this year.

Career years for both

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Knicks aren't going anywhere because their best player is a upper lower middle class man's Antione Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Knicks aren't going anywhere because their best player is a upper lower middle class man's Antione Walker
    I was guna stop talking about basketball, until I see some retarded delusional shit like this Antoine freaking walker? are u serious man?? and for tha rest of u haters talking multishit about my team, tha new york knicks aka tha best and only real team in new York, keep talking ya heard and I ain't finish with yall in dis thread either damn yall damn haters got me mad - Mr.Willds09.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    I was guna stop talking about basketball, until I see some retarded delusional shit like this Antoine freaking walker? are u serious man?? and for tha rest of u haters talking multishit about my team, tha new york knicks aka tha best and only real team in new York, keep talking ya heard and I ain't finish with yall in dis thread either damn yall damn haters got me mad - Mr.Willds09.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Oh stop it. the knicks are going to the playoffs. let's rejoice for that accomplishment.