Thread: Ben McLemore

NBA rookie of the year
    Last edited by JohnMax; 12-04-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Ben McLemore

It's nice to see young dudes find their way especially in Sacto where hey have been a mess for years and years.

Had no clue he was shooting the ball at such an efficient clip. I remember the slew of threads that started popping up around this time last year, chastising and writing him off as a bust. This game takes time to grasp for some rookies. If anything, he picked up fairly quickly...
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 12-04-2014 at 09:58 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

The new Pizza Guy took off when Collison arrived
    C doesn't play out of control like IT2 and knows how to dish

McLemore's confidence is growing rapidly

night and day from last year

I was one of his biggest critics prior to his great stretch of play, and it was mainly because I was one of his biggest fans.

Great to see him coming into his own, and maybe live up to some of that potential. He is crazy athletic and has a great shot from anywhere on the floor. Just needs to work on that ball handling and hopefully he can become one of the elite shooting guards in the league.

What's his mind for the game like right now? I recall a ton of posters slaying him last season for having a piss poor IQ or feel for the game?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    What's his mind for the game like right now? I recall a ton of posters slaying him last season for having a piss poor IQ or feel for the game?
    He was beyond terrible last year at both ends and all of a sudden he can shoot, defend and drive the basketball at a high level. The level of improvement has been mind blowing, his IQ is fairly low but the great thing about Ben is he can dominate in terms of scoring without needing to touch the ball much.

I can't remember a player going from being as shit as Austin Rivers to a legit starter so quickly, it could have been all confidence. Kings might have a mini big 3 in a year or so if Mclemore keeps stepping up.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 12-05-2014 at 01:51 AM.