Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Kyrie Irving now shooting 46.3% from three on season

Yes, we are just 10 games in, but Irving's jumper has been wet so far. He's 25-for-54 from behind the arc. He's also currently sporting the best TS% (60.2), eFG (53.5%) and PER (22.2) of his young career.

So, while the Cavs' offense is still a work in progress, Irving seems to have adapted to playing alongside LBJ very well at this stage. I thought with his shooting ability that it was just a matter of time, but it happened sooner than I envisioned. You take away the first few games and his efficiency is through the roof.

Still a work in progress defensively, but he played the best defensive game of his career against the Spurs last night.

The first part of this equation was getting Irving and James on the same page. That looks like it has been accomplished. Phase two is working Love into things. It's still very early, so they shouldn't feel hurried or become impatient.

I don't think you'll see everyone on exactly the same wave length until well after the All Star break. But, figuring out the James/Irving formula was an important first step to getting there.

Default Re: Kyrie Irving now shooting 46.3% from three on season

i've noticed kyrie leads every comeback in the 4th and takes the important shots, is this on the coach? you would think the lebron drive-in bully is the best option on that situation. but when W's are at stake the Kyrie 3 is the go-to move

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    i've noticed kyrie leads every comeback in the 4th and takes the important shots, is this on the coach? you would think the lebron drive-in bully is the best option on that situation. but when W's are at stake the Kyrie 3 is the go-to move
    Let's not turn this thread into that, K?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

k

National High School Star

kyrie is a SHOOTING GUARD this dude routinely has less than 3 assists a game LMAO

lebron deserves better than steve francis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    kyrie is a SHOOTING GUARD this dude routinely has less than 3 assists a game LMAO

lebron deserves better than steve francis 2.0

Kyrie is averaging 5 assists so far in the season.

5-time NBA All-Star

That's impressive indeed. Something seems missing in his game or presence that I just can't put my hand on it. There is something not fully integrated just yet. He is very amendable. Love won't be a problem.

Top 5 PG
    guys one of the best offensive players in the league even tho his defense is ass

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

He's improved his D, he needs to work on reading defenses and moving the ball around better.

His game has been improving and he doesn't seem to get rattled as easy as he did in years past.

His play has just been steadier and more consistent on both ends.

With Kyrie it's all about just making the right decisions and the right times. He has the ability he just needs to be smart with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It's partially you and the other actual Cavs fans fault for not decrying the trolls (dubeta/lebronx/jt).

CavsFTW is doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    It's partially you and the other actual Cavs fans fault for not decrying the trolls (dubeta/lebronx/jt).

CavsFTW is doing it right.
    Hard to decry it when you aren't participating in the threads. Most of the LeBron/Cavs threads on here are unbearable troll fests that I have no desire to humor in the first place. It's not like I'm secretly reading this stuff and just not responding. Frankly, I don't know how so many people can partake in asinine troll threads.

Ignoring it is a more effective opposition than trolling them back or lecturing them.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

He has played pretty well. Top 5 PG, Best SF in the world and a top 5 PF in the league. No excuses for that team. If Kyrie keeps playing this well, and they still lose, I don't know what the stans can try and do to defend their beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    He's improved his D, he needs to work on reading defenses and moving the ball around better.

His game has been improving and he doesn't seem to get rattled as easy as he did in years past.

His play has just been steadier and more consistent on both ends.

With Kyrie it's all about just making the right decisions and the right times. He has the ability he just needs to be smart with the ball.
    I like his current approach to the offense which seems to be playing his role, running through the screen work, handling the ball when called upon and, the majority of the time, just taking what the defense gives him. In addition to that, he will have these short bursts of taking over... a few minutes here and there, when the team needs him to step up.

He's not forcing the issue though and still working within the constraints of the offense. I don't think the team as a whole is at a point yet where he or LeBron can run a seamless offense where everyone is involved. It's just not there yet.

Right now, it seems to be about trying to find that place for 75-percent of the game and using that other 25-percent taking over. I can live with that for now. LeBron is sort of doing the same thing, fwiw. For right now, that seems like the best strategy. It works on the chemistry issues while still giving us a chance to win. There aren't a ton of players in the league who can turn it on and off like that. We have two of them.

Defensively, the improvement is clear. He still needs to get more consistent on that end, but he was really freaking good against the Spurs and Parker last night which is a good sign. He stepped up to the challenge and showed he's capable of playing on a high level on that end too.

National High School Star

Cavs have no shot at a ring with Kyrie as the point guard.. they need a REAL TRUE point guard .. not a shooting guard

trade kyrie for rondo, dragic, lowry, or rubio and you got a DYNASTY

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Cavs have no shot at a ring with Kyrie as the point guard.. they need a REAL TRUE point guard .. not a shooting guard

trade kyrie for rondo, dragic, lowry, or rubio and you got a DYNASTY
    Offense really isn't the problem. They need more time to mesh. A rim protector would be helpful. Maybe something like Dion and something for Sanders and something?