Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Seriously Derrick Rose can be Allen Iverson if he tried

Rose is a cross between Kevin Johnson,D-Wade,and Stephon Marbury.......thats a hell of a mix and the Wade version is growing each game his ability is scary........

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    We disagree on this then. Your statement holds true to some sports but not team sports. You have to sacrifice for your teammates and coaches.
    Thats why its called as ego. Sometimes, its good, made the Sixers go through the NBA Final, but sometimes hurt your team. But, face it,, he's a scorer, not a true passer. If Iverson acts to perform like John Stockton/another style, his team or even himself will hurting more, thats just not him..
    Last edited by Mirjalovic; 01-19-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Anytime.. I think in USA people follow trends more.Dwight > Shaq, Kobe> Jordan.. Rose > Iverson..
    i agree but i think a lot of people go by the you dont know what u have until its gone myth and try to say a past player was 10x better than they actually were.

but I completey agree with the Shaq and Jordon thing but i dont know anybody who thinks Dwight is better than Shaq in his prime.

I don't see why the retarded OP talks as if he had any idea of how Iverson played like. Not as if he ever saw him play in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    i dont know anybody who thinks Dwight is better than Shaq in his prime.
    this guy

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...10&postcount=2

Banned

I see Rose as much better than AI, he is huge for a PG and has potential to reach Baron Davis levels of defense if he starts working hard on that end. He isn't an undersized low percentage chucker who doesn't play defense like the most overrated player of all time AI was

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjalovic
    holy shit!

and this dude is from LA

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Why would he want to be Allen Iverson when he is already better than him ?

I think Rose being compared to Iverson is already a big compliment to Rose.

Ultimately I think the biggest separation of quality posters and not-so-good posters on ISH is that it's pretty obvious which one's actually write there opinions based on watching games, and which one's go off of articles, stats, and historical summaries only.

To those who watched him his entire career, similar to the new viewers who have now been watching Rose, Westbrook, and Eric Gordon there entire careers, Iverson is and will always be one of the greatest warriors to ever play the game of b-ball.

Granted there's plenty to knock on him, most noticeably his shot attempts, low field goal %, clear selfishness and inability to cope with benching towards the later part of his career. But the man is the epitome of everything the heart of basketball is about. Never been a big fan, but looking back now, I realize that watching him play in his prime is something that I will forever cherish throughout the rest of my life. Not for a while will a 6'0 Guard dominate the way Iverson did for that long of a time.

That's why all this who's better debate between Rose and Iverson is so trivial. As an enormous Bulls and Rose fan, I guarantee you that Rose would be delighted to know that he's already being compared to such a legend.

I dont understand why some think it isnt hard to do what Allen Iverson did. Actually it is. And its unfair to compare a player who put over a decade of seasons in the NBA to someone who has just emerged as one of the top stars in the NBA. Rose career is just getting started. He has a ton of years left and room to rack up a host of things. Rose has the potential to become better than Allen Iverson was. He is progressing at a good pace so whats the rush?

NBA lottery pick

If he tried? So he isn't trying to score 30 a game now with the amount of shots he is taking as the PG? And with the help around him?

Lol Iverson was dropping 30 a game when the entire time defense was focused on stopping him and he still didn't give the ball up.

People who compare D-Rose to Iverson or say CPIII > Iverson is just laughable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    In retrospect maybe he didn't....he had heart, but if he wanted to win that bad he would have practiced harder and hit the weights and taken a lesser role.
    How can he have taken a lesser role? You mean scoring wise? Because absolutely no one on his best teams could create consistently for themselves and I don't really even remember a player taking more bailout shots than Iverson back in the day. And if he hit the weights harder he'd be a lot slower, better to be a really, really quick short player than a slower more muscular player. If your quicker you can get your shots off quicker as well

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    AI's best talent was his scoring and he was on a team completely devoid of scoring power and he tried to fill that role. Which is pretty much why his FG% is so low, when your under 6 feet tall and you take 25+ shots it's hard to get up that many good shots. He did what was best for his team. Make no mistake AI wanted to win more than just about everyone
    Yeah, I don't know of a player that took more lumps and bruises than Iverson - nobody now is remotely close. Even Shaq said he totally respects him for that. He was driven player that overcame a lot. He went heart, will and guts... . He carried a serious burden of scoring on that finals team. His team won as many games against LA as any team out West did so he deserves credit for that. He was singled out as the man to get for close to 100 games that year. Teams didn't even respect the second option.

PG: Snow
    SG: AI
    SF: George Lynch? (can't remember)
    PF: Tyrone Hill (lol)
    C: Mohammed (Mutombo after the trade)

with McKey and Geiger as best bench players.

All help was punishingly offensively challenged. Any player that was so severly isolated offensively all year long, deserves respect. He took hit after hit after hit and came back up just as determined. He couldn't look to the next guy. Yall keep acting like carrying a team is easy. Its one of the hardest things to do in the sport.

5-time NBA All-Star

Derrick Rose has won more games this year than any other player. He is a true unique talent that works on his game and gets better and better every year and in different ways. Yall criticize his 3pt shot, yall blinked and now he is one of the better PG at it. Yall criticize his ability to get to the line, yall blinked and now he's there. He isn't a pure point, but he's proven to be the most valueable. The level of stretching to get at him is getting to be sad. He's way ahead of the game at his age. He doesn't have to catch up yall, yall have to catch up to what he's doing.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

1. Iverson used to be an excellent defender, plus he was good in the passing lanes.

2. He averaged like 7 or 8 assists most year. Yes, it came about by dominating the ball and playing ridiculous minutes, but it still shows he could be a playmaker.

3. The low efficiency was in part due to his teammates and the offensive system. As a 32 year old - an age where short quick guards who can't shoot tend to be at best mediocre and more often than not out of the league - he had the highest fg% of his career. Why? Because he was playing on the Nuggets, a team with other guys who could create a shot.