Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie Shaq

Banned

Default Re: Rookie Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    ?

If Dwight was coming off 3 finals trips and had just grabbed his 5th ring maybe he'd get more of a pass..
    I'd say that surgery excuses him.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I'd say that surgery excuses him.
    and having to deal with half a dozen child support fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    How the do you have marc gasol as one of the best centers in the past 20 years? He's without a doubt one of the most overrated DPoY winner.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Suddenly Kobe is a feeble monk who had no business even being there, while some of you will argue he was still the best player in the league.

You can't have it both ways.

Very true. They probably say Kobe was a top 10 player in the NBA last year, but yet it's Howard fault. But such is life in LA...when LA wins Kobe gets all of the credit when they lose he gets none of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    ?

Kobe was having a down year in 11, I never felt confident about a 3peat, nobody was/is arguing him for being the best player, and if they are (which i've never seen) it has nothing to do with me or my opinion

why you wanna make this about Kobe? Point is Dwight looked like a bitch for getting swept in embarrassing fashion in the first round as the first option after wanting to be the first option all year.

If Dwight was coming off 3 finals trips and had just grabbed his 5th ring maybe he'd get more of a pass..

but lets be honest, if it was Dwight who got hurt and it was Kobe who was leading the team to an embarrassing first round sweep, we would never hear the end of it

What are you talking about? The Laker fan trashing of Dwight has NEVER ended, we haven't heard the end of that either...

Dwight was also healing up from a back surgery (takes a very, very long time to come back from that) and had a torn labrum. He also had to clean up Blake/Nash, Kobe, and Pau's mistakes because Artest was the only person who would play defense worth half a damn on that team, meaning he was a one man army on the defensive end. Notice I'm not bashing Kobe at all here, but it's just stupid to say "but if it was KOBE we'd never hear the end of it, Dwight sucks"

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun

Very true. They probably say Kobe was a top 10 player in the NBA last year, but yet it's Howard fault. But such is life in LA...when LA wins Kobe gets all of the credit when they lose he gets none of the blame.
    I'm probably quoting a 15year old here but i think kobe deserves a bit more respect than that.
    How could a basketball fan not have enjoyed that?
    After he made that promise of making the playoffs, his level of play amazingly went up a notch or 2 (toronto, portland, "amnesty" game @ dallas, etc) and they made it.
    Kobe (who has won 5 rings at this point) still let his game speak while howard complained about touches. You don't complain about touches when your still recovering from injury.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAL
    I'm probably quoting a 15year old here but i think kobe deserves a bit more respect than that.
    How could a basketball fan not have enjoyed that?
    After he made that promise of making the playoffs, his level of play amazingly went up a notch or 2 (toronto, portland, "amnesty" game @ dallas, etc) and they made it.
    Kobe (who has won 5 rings at this point) still let his game speak while howard complained about touches. You don't complain about touches when your still recovering from injury.
    he killed the entire team chemistry from day one. he made it clear to Dwight that he will never be the man in LA. he played PG and let Nash stand in the corner to spot up. Gasol barely shot the ball 10 times a game. They were in serious trouble and were very close to miss the playoffs.
    thenKobe suddenly decided to do even more and play 45 minutes per game. with a bunch of rigged games they then made the playoffs with Kobe tearing his achilles torn in the process.
    truly heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    he killed the entire team chemistry from day one. he made it clear to Dwight that he will never be the man in LA. he played PG and let Nash stand in the corner to spot up. Gasol barely shot the ball 10 times a game. They were in serious trouble and were very close to miss the playoffs.
    thenKobe suddenly decided to do even more and play 45 minutes per game. with a bunch of rigged games they then made the playoffs with Kobe tearing his achilles torn in the process.
    truly heroic
    all this is coming from a guy that actually truly believes MJ is the 4th best player of all time. Just let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    all this is coming from a guy that actually truly believes MJ is the 4th best player of all time. Just let that sink in.

What's wrong with ranking MJ as #4?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW