Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bismack Biyombo

Default Re: Bismack Biyombo

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Biyombo last night against Orlando: 5/5, 11 pts., 10 rbs, 4 blocks in 21 minutes.

Oh, he had a good game... superstar in the making!!

Surprised he stayed on the court for a whole 21 mins, he must have fouled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith

Surprisingly he only had 4 fouls. Great game for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith

If I have a defensive center that blocks shots, plays good weak side D, rebounds, and doesn't turn the ball over I could give 2 shits less about what his offensive game looks like.

All he has to be able to do is catch and finish/putback/catch lobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    If I have a defensive center that blocks shots, plays good weak side D, rebounds, and doesn't turn the ball over I could give 2 shits less about what his offensive game looks like.

All he has to be able to do is catch and finish/putback/catch lobs.
    Thats easy to say when you have a superstar point guard like Derrick Rose, but when your team struggles to score as much the Cats putting an offensive liability on the floor makes us even easier to defend.

Personally I'm willing to deal with that sacrifice, but a lot of the times it seems like Coach Silas isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    yeah, the scrub talk is clearly kneejerk BS. That being said, dude is not going to be anything better than a 3rd big/defensive starter in the league. Which is fine, but not really for his draft position/hype.
    Not really, you look at some of the other bigs taken in the last decade or so during the lottery. It ain't exactly a home run list of quality guys.

2000 - Chris Mihm at 5, Joel Przybilla at 9, J

Highlights of Biyombo's first career double-double.

If he could develop a go to move on the block, it'd help him become a much better player. His shot blocking instincts and length are incredible.

You know why I love this kid? He doesn't back down from anyone. He had his best game of the season against the best big man in the league (who kills us 4 times a year every year), and afterward when asked about his performance only said "he's strong....[but] I'm strong, too."

Love that approach.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I haven't gotten a chance to watch him but from the highlights I've seen I kinda have this notion (people who have been watching please tell me if this is right):

Does he bait people? Like it seems to me that he'll let them see a window, they go to the bucket, and then all of the sudden his arm is there again. Idk, maybe he's just getting lucky but I've seen a lot of blocks from him where the player is by and then he makes up and blocks it.

I think he'll turn out to be a very good player, I think he'll develop a go to move so he's not an offensive liability, and will be able to average double doubles, while being an elite premier defender and shot blocker.

But it will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I haven't gotten a chance to watch him but from the highlights I've seen I kinda have this notion (people who have been watching please tell me if this is right):

Does he bait people? Like it seems to me that he'll let them see a window, they go to the bucket, and then all of the sudden his arm is there again. Idk, maybe he's just getting lucky but I've seen a lot of blocks from him where the player is by and then he makes up and blocks it.

I think he'll turn out to be a very good player, I think he'll develop a go to move so he's not an offensive liability, and will be able to average double doubles, while being an elite premier defender and shot blocker.

But it will take some time.
    I've noticed that too. And another thing I've noticed with that, that kind of goes along with that is he gets off the ground as fast as any big as I've ever seen. He is as explosive of a big as you will see in this league.

If he keeps that athleticism as he bulks up look out.

Local High School Star

I can't wait to see how he turns out. I'm actually excited.
    The funny thing was, before the draft I knew my two favourite players of that class would Kemba and Bismack. Then some how they end up on the same team ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I've noticed that too. And another thing I've noticed with that, that kind of goes along with that is he gets off the ground as fast as any big as I've ever seen. He is as explosive of a big as you will see in this league.

Yeah I've noticed it too. I've watched more Bobcats games this year than every before just to watch him and it seems like he definitely lets guys think they have him fooled then he somehow is right there where he wants to be to get the block.

Mullens is very good, is he not? He's a stretch 5 and Silas is willing to accommodate unique skill sets.

Biyombo is not a center. He's a PF. And he's a shot-blocking PF who is supposed to be a monster rebounder, and a great athlete. Does he not sound perfect to play alongside Mullens? If he's as good as he seems to potentially be, then yeah. Add Kemba, who's really a 2guard and Henderson...trade Augustin and don't be surprised when this team is very good next year.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

Yeah, I notice that. His explosion is faster than Ben Wallace's. The jump hooks could mature into something nasty. The bait thing makes me think he's older than advertised. I think he going to be exciting to watch.