Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default What are the chances of the Bulls winning the East?

I thought the signing of Rip Hamilton was an excellent move by the Bulls front office. Rip is a significant upgrade over Bogans and he will also help take a good amount pressure off of Rose. Rip is going to be great in the motion offense with the Bulls. Teams can't just ignore the Bulls 2 guard anymore because the Bulls' 2 guard is now a threat to make shots unlike before with Bogans.

I do believe that the Bulls can win in a 7 game series over the Heat now. That is the keyword in that sentence, can. I am not sure if they will but I certainly think they can. The 2011 ECF was a lot closer than the series indicated. All of the games that the Heat won were close and were determined in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Keep in mind that Hamilton has always given Wade and the Heat fits. Wade hates defending the type of players that chase and run around and through screens; Rip is one of the best at that. I feel sorry for whoever is going to have guard Rip for a 7 game series because that player will be exhausted near the end of the series.

I like the Bulls chances of winning the East. I like them a lot better than I liked them last season.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Default Re: What are the chances of the Bulls winning the East?

They've got the most complete starting 5 in the NBA but in a series with the Heat, the Heat have two of the three best players.

Itll be tough but the upgrade at SG helps a ton. Rip is still one of the most well conditioned players in the league and will make whoever's guarding him a living Hell. On this team it helps a lot because it can free up Booze inside or around his 15 ft. area and opens the lanes for Luol to cut or settle for a jumpshot.

Miami tho got a significant upgrade in Battier though. I believe Miller is done and doesn't have much left so there bench is still weak but they are hungry and just as determined as the Bulls. I expect a rematch in the ECF. And I expect the Bulls to have Homecourt because their depth will be an advantage during the regular season.

Should be fun in the playoffs. I expect the Heat, Bulls, Knicks, and Celts in the ECSF which will make for fantastic matchups.

Bulls stand a great chance to beat Miami. Getting Rip is huge if Rip is going to produce good numbers. Depends how much he as left. SG is the big reason why Miami beat them last year.

Bulls are a very complete team now...Rose needs to step it up this year and has to shoot well throughout a series. He was poor in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by iDefend5
    I thought the signing of Rip Hamilton was an excellent move by the Bulls front office. Rip is a significant upgrade over Bogans and he will also help take a good amount pressure off of Rose. Rip is going to be great in the motion offense with the Bulls. Teams can't just ignore the Bulls 2 guard anymore because the Bulls' 2 guard is now a threat to make shots unlike before with Bogans.

I do believe that the Bulls can win in a 7 game series over the Heat now. That is the keyword in that sentence, can. I am not sure if they will but I certainly think they can. The 2011 ECF was a lot closer than the series indicated. All of the games that the Heat won were close and were determined in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Keep in mind that Hamilton has always given Wade and the Heat fits. Wade hates defending the type of players that chase and run around and through screens; Rip is one of the best at that. I feel sorry for whoever is going to have guard Rip for a 7 game series because that player will be exhausted near the end of the series.

I like the Bulls chances of winning the East. I like them a lot better than I liked them last season.
    i do believe they beat miami this year also. i felt they had a descent chance last year to beat miami but rose just wasnt playing very well.

3-time NBA All-Star

Both Miami and Chicago got better. So

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    They've got the most complete starting 5 in the NBA but in a series with the Heat, the Heat have two of the three best players.

This reasoning didn't work in the finals, please give it up.

The Bulls are still a little bit behind the Heat in my mind.

They need to gain experience and gel while the Heat decline with minutes and injuries.

Or we need to get another player or two.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Both Miami and Chicago got better. So

I think Battier is aging and his defense isn't as good as it was 3 years ago plus he's redundant.

The Bulls filled a bigger void.

People are talking a lot about Cole but he's not going to be any better than Chalmers as a rookie.

Decent college freshman

They will have the best record in the league.

Heat Are still better.

They beat the Bulls in 5 with Wade not playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I think Battier is aging and his defense isn't as good as it was 3 years ago plus he's redundant.
    How's he redundant ? After Wade and James the Heat didn;t have anyone on the wings who could defend like they could. They spent so much energy defending in the playoffs that it affected their offense, their stamina, and energy levels. It's why they looked fatigued at the end of the Mavs series. Those 2 guys were "stretched" all over the place and all over the floor responsible for many jobs out there on the court.

With Battier in there taking a matchup defending a top perimeter player, this frees up Wade and LeBron more to do their thing. conserve energy, conserve more for offense being the dynamic offensive players they are. Allowing one of them, or both of them to "roam" more as they're excellent in that capacity. And be tremendous in all the other areas of their games, taking more risks with better results.

I can;t believe someone would think it's "redundant" when it cost a measly $3M per year to free up 2 of the best players on the world to do their thing. Battier was an outstanding acquisition on many levels for the team, and their 2 best players.

Former Bulls Fan.

Heat wouldn't be able to put LeBron on Rose anymore or they would get torched by Rip now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    How's he redundant ? After Wade and James the Heat didn;t have anyone on the wings who could defend like they could. They spent so much energy defending in the playoffs that it affected their offense, their stamina, and energy levels. It's why they looked fatigued at the end of the Mavs series. Those 2 guys were "stretched" all over the place and all over the floor responsible for many jobs out there on the court.

With Battier in there taking a matchup defending a top perimeter player, this frees up Wade and LeBron more to do their thing. conserve energy, conserve more for offense being the dynamic offensive players they are. Allowing one of them, or both of them to "roam" more as they're excellent in that capacity. And be tremendous in all the other areas of their games, taking more risks with better results.

I can;t believe someone would think it's "redundant" when it cost a measly $3M per year to free up 2 of the best players on the world to do their thing. Battier was an outstanding acquisition on many levels for the team, and their 2 best players.
    Battier plays the three and Lebron plays the three. They needed a PG or center.

It's the truth man.

NBA rookie of the year

Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    [b ]Battier plays the three and Lebron plays the three[/b].

1. Lebron plays anywhere from 1-4. Did you even watch the playoffs last year ?

2. Battier plays anywhere from 2-4. Guy can defend anyone as those positions for the most part. Both lebron and battier will be on the floor together alot.

Riley mentioned how important Battier was as an acquisition. It makes our roster extremely flexible. He said it reminded him when he had Magic, B Scott, Worthy and Cooper all on the floor at the same time that changed games. Having versatile players that can play multiple positions and do multiple things like battier and lebron can

Wade and lebron being the best they can be with less responsibilities >>>> RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    1. Lebron plays anywhere from 1-4. Did you even watch the playoffs last year ?

2. Battier plays anywhere from 2-4. Guy can defend anyone as those positions for the most part. Both lebron and battier will be on the floor together alot.

Riley mentioned how important Battier was as an acquisition. It makes our roster extremely flexible. He said it reminded him when he had Magic, B Scott, Worthy and Cooper all on the floor at the same time that changed games. Having versatile players that can play multiple positions and do multiple things like battier and lebron can

Wade and lebron being the best they can be with less responsibilities >>>> RIP
    1. Doesn't matter where Lebron plays. They still needed a traditional PG or center more than an over the hill perimeter defender.

2. Battier isn't a lockdown defender anymore. He's not guarding Dirk. He's not guarding Durant. He's not guarding Kobe.

3. Of COURSE Riley mentioned how good an acquisition it was

They needed to get a CENTER or a PG.