Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: JR Smith signs 2 year deal with Cavs worth roughly $5 million per year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Shump's age, skillset and ceiling make him easily worth $10 million in today's NBA, imo.
    I thought it was a slight overpay, expected something like 8 mill./per year...

But considering the cap increasing, this contract doesn't look bad at all...

As you noted, Shump is so important for us, especially for Lebron not having to guard the best opposing wing

Default Re: JR Smith signs 2 year deal with Cavs worth roughly $5 million per year

Cavs Should have Smartened up and took the Nick Young + Ryan Kelly Deal for $5Mil.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Assuming Thompson re-signs, Cavs have to be the most stacked team on paper.

Spurs might be better 1-5. I want to see Parker get back in shape and make sure Duncan hasn't finally hit the wall because it HAS to happen eventually, right? But I don't know why some keep overlooking them losing their depth because that's what made the last few Spurs teams the Spurs. Their second unit would come in and wreck you. I think with Manu's decline they're in a little trouble. Maybe Pop works his magic, plugs in random grocery store workers, and turns them into 10 million dollar players. Got to see it to believe it.

Warriors are obviously up there, too. Still don't think their roster is that impressive. The parts just fit exceptionally well, while remaining incredibly versatile. Feel like if you took a lot of these players off the team they would look rather pedestrian.

Maybe a healthy OKC. Except I remain on the side of Waiters being a worthless piece of shit like he has been since his rookie year. Can't say I'm a fan of Kanter either. Honestly looks like a 2K team randomly plugging in whatever players you can cheese with. Tho any time you can start with 2 top 5 players, it's pretty hard to **** that up.

I got Houston and LAC right below. Wake me up if Pierce isn't old, Stephenson plays like he did for the Pacers, and when Rivers isn't in the rotation anymore.

You look at the Cavs and they go legit two deep of starters at every position, other than SF. The SF so happens to be an some sort of iron man and probably still the best player in the world, so whatever. Nice balance of role players, stars, and veterans. Plus they get to take off every other night because East basketball.

Look at the Cavaliers bench. If Thompson resigns with the Cavs. This is the most deepest, and talented LeBron team on paper.

I am your soldier!

How does no other team give him 5.5 just to keep him off of the Cavs

Dumb shits. Philly could do it, not win any more games, and weaken the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    God ****ing damn

Imagine if everyones healthy for the playoffs
    I know right?

Two Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    I know right?

Two Seven

Timothy Duncan would be 40 yrs.old next year. I am sure he's going to decline cause you cannot beat father time.

great signing

JR is a perfect 4th option as long as the big 3 stays healthy and he doesn't have to do anything else but spot up

I'm glad the Cavs organization didn't embarrass him by making him take a *major* paycut. He had no other offers. They could have forced him to play for 2 mil a year.

I'm glad he's on board. I think he's a more important part of the Cavs' attack than many do. He had a bad finals series, but he's going to be motivated to make up for it.

Just ridiculous how stacked LeBron's teams have been for the last 6 years.

Yet still;

16-0 in the Playoffs. Championship.

...... If everyone's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    JR Smith the type of player to go broke 5 years after retiring, 5mil or 6.5mil, it doesn't matter
    Which is crazy to me. He's not some kid from the projects who is suddenly flush with cash to spend; he's from an affluent New Jersey suburb.

I guess Smith was wanting some of that Shumpert money, but no way. $5 million for a guy whose sole job will be to spot up shoot as your 4-5 scorer? Not bad.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Still overpaid. Would've taken Alan Anderson's 1 yr, $4million over this guy.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    great signing

JR is a perfect 4th option as long as the big 3 stays healthy and he doesn't have to do anything else but spot up
    I wouldn't mind the occasional shoelace untying

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Look at the Cavaliers bench. If Thompson resigns with the Cavs. This is the most deepest, and talented LeBron team on paper.
    With Thompson re-signed, and a healthy AV, it's one of the deepest, most talented teams in the history of the league!