Default Sixers trade Michael Carter-Williams away

Sixers trade Michael Carter-Williams away

It's not that we were in love with MCW. He turned the ball over a lot, he had some really noticeable meltdowns late in games. But, as he tweeted yesterday, "I can honestly say I gave it my all," and he was a kid, a top draft pick with upside. And because of that, he was a reason to tune in at night, or even attend a game or two.

As for K.J. McDaniels, he was going to be a restricted free agent this summer and not at all assured to be part of the brave, new world, if and whenever it arrives. Yesterday's deals seem to have pushed that back to 2017. By then, according to Pat Gillick, we may see a Phillies resurgence.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

Default Re: Sixers trade Michael Carter-Williams away

Watching Michael Carter-Williams for the last year-plus, it became more and more obvious that he wasn't going to be the point guard when/if this team began making playoff runs, mostly because he isn't a good shooter from anywhere on the floor, partly because he isn't exactly rugged as a presence. To get a very good first-round pick in return seems like more than fair compensation. Viewed in isolation, the move is really beyond criticism.

-- Philadelphia Daily News