Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1715

Default Re: The GOAT List: 100 Greatest Players in Basketball History

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    "The Greatest Old-School White Guy of All-Time"

Cringe.

Give Pettit credit for what he achieved - his race is irrelevant. I don't understand people's fascination with skin colour.
    I was trying to come up with a "Greatest" description for each of my top twenty-five during that incarnation of the list. I've moved away from that. His ranking shows the credit he was given. He's game, open jump shots, hook shots, put backs, physical feet on the ground defense and toughness, is that of the old school white guy though. I should know I'm fasting become that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I was trying to come up with a "Greatest" description for each of my top twenty-five during that incarnation of the list. I've moved away from that. His ranking shows the credit he was given. He's game, open jump shots, hook shots, put backs, physical feet on the ground defense and toughness, is that of the old school white guy though. I should know I'm fasting become that myself.
    Haha, nice! Likewise!

For Pettit, maybe "The Greatest Unknown Superstar" (let's be honest, to the casual fan he'd be the least recognisable of the top 20 on your list) or something to that effect.

Haha, nice! Likewise!

For Pettit, maybe "The Greatest Unknown Superstar" (let's be honest, to the casual fan he'd be the least recognisable of the top 20 on your list) or something to that effect.
    It was too difficult to find fitting titles for all of them, I've moved my focus to the tier system the last three years trying to find similarities in the players achievements and level of success to make the ranking process less subjective.

Great thread . I'm gonna list overrated and underrated players for that list to me ;

Overrated ;

Bobby Jones , he was great defender but i don't think he's one of the 100 greatest baller in history .

Earl Monroe , I love the Earl Monroe with Bullets but His after Bullets career wasn't great as a individually . Yes , he was still playing solid , like 2011 Jason Terry but that isn't enough for top 100 all time .

J.J. White ; He just isn't top 100 level .

Spencer Haywood , .

George McGinnis , he was great in ABA . But He wasn't great in NBA . Yes , he probably close to top 100 but it is debatable .

Dave DeBusschere , i am not sure he is better than Bailey Howell .

Dave Bing , he is in the top 100 but 54 .

Joe Dumars , .

Mchale,Worthy and Pippen , If they hadn't great teams , they aren't probably in there.

Nate Archibal , he is close to top 100 but 47? No way .

Underrated ;

Kevin Johnson , he was second best playmaker of the 90's .

Joe Fulks , I think he is in the top 60 class .

Heinsohn , just check the late 50 and early 60 Boston .

Bob Lanier , he was dpoy and mvp caliber player at 70's .

T-Mac , he was beast at his 2002-2007 era .

Paul Pierce , He is better than Pippen ; f.kk the cast system .

Arizin and Schayes , Both are best players of the 50's after Mikan and Pettit .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Great thread . I'm gonna list overrated and underrated players for that list to me ;

Overrated ;

Bobby Jones , he was great defender but i don't think he's one of the 100 greatest baller in history .

Earl Monroe , I love the Earl Monroe with Bullets but His after Bullets career wasn't great as a individually . Yes , he was still playing solid , like 2011 Jason Terry but that isn't enough for top 100 all time .

J.J. White ; He just isn't top 100 level .

Spencer Haywood , .

George McGinnis , he was great in ABA . But He wasn't great in NBA . Yes , he probably close to top 100 but it is debatable .

Dave DeBusschere , i am not sure he is better than Bailey Howell .

Dave Bing , he is in the top 100 but 54 .

Joe Dumars , .

Mchale,Worthy and Pippen , If they hadn't great teams , they aren't probably in there.

Nate Archibal , he is close to top 100 but 47? No way .

Underrated ;

Kevin Johnson , he was second best playmaker of the 90's .

Joe Fulks , I think he is in the top 60 class .

Heinsohn , just check the late 50 and early 60 Boston .

Bob Lanier , he was dpoy and mvp caliber player at 70's .

T-Mac , he was beast at his 2002-2007 era .

Paul Pierce , He is better than Pippen ; f.kk the cast system .

Arizin and Schayes , Both are best players of the 50's after Mikan and Pettit .
    He was actually working on an updated list last year, but didn't finish. Was looking forward to that version.

The GOAT List: 2014 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    He was actually working on an updated list last year, but didn't finish. Was looking forward to that version.

The GOAT List: 2014 Edition
    Thanks , looks better .

College superstar

"The Greatest Old-School White Guy of All-Time"

Cringe.

Give Pettit credit for what he achieved - his race is irrelevant. I don't understand people's fascination with skin colour.
    Pettit did knock Russell and Cousy's Celtics out of the NBA Finals. Not many teams of that era can claim that. I'd pick prime Pettit over current overrated ass Ibaka to start at power forward any day of the week.
    Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 12-12-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Pettit did knock Russell and Cousy's Celtics out of the NBA Finals. Not many teams of that era can claim that. I'd pick prime Pettit over current overrated ass Ibaka to start at power forward any day of the week.
    what does that have to do with what he said? And that Ibaka comparison looks like a backhanded 'compliment' if anything

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I dont think we disagree on Walton's level of play. I just feel to be anked as an All Time Great you should have played at an elite level for at least 5 years.
    But thee are 2 ways of ranking players. Their overall talent and their overall resume.I fully understand you ranking Walton over Unseld although I don't agree. But Hayes resume is just too strong.But I respect your opinion.
    For 5 straight years Hayes was a 1st or 2nd team All NBA and should have been in his first 3 years. Thats just too much for a player that only has 2 years at that level.Maybe Im bias because I have always felt Walton was a media favorite . Has anyone else been named 1st team All NBA after only playing 58 gm ?
    Walton was a media favorite? Lol I remember the FEDS were trying to investigate him in the 70s.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    As much as I am completely biased in this matter, I really hated that Barkley Rockets team. Hakeem hogged the ball and was an extremely unwilling passer, Barkley backed down from the 3 pt. line for 20 seconds in the shot clock, and their point guard and basically everyone but Drexler sucked. I couldn't stand to watch that team. Basically the opposite of everything I'd want in a bball team.
    This is a lie, because most of Matt Malony, Eddie Johnson, and Sam Mack's three pointers came from post passes from Hakeem and Barkley.

Default Re: Tier 15: Part Four

Quote Originally Posted by Pearleojam
    update?

;)
    Not much to update, except for most significantly... Lebron.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    what does that have to do with what he said? And that Ibaka comparison looks like a backhanded 'compliment' if anything
    That guy said people don't give Pettit credit for what he achieved in his NBA career, and I brought up Bob knocking Bill Russell out of the play-offs as an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    That guy said people don't give Pettit credit for what he achieved in his NBA career, and I brought up Bob knocking Bill Russell out of the play-offs as an achievement.
    He said race is irrelevant regarding his achievements.. didn't ask for any achievements on the guy. But who cares, thats a great achievement indeed.

College superstar

Default Re: #20: Isiah Thomas - The Greatest Little Man of All-Time

[QUOTE=G.O.A.T][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The Greatest Little Man of All-Time
    [/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]#20 Isiah Thomas[/FONT]
    Team(s): Detroit Pistons
    Years Played: 1981-1994
    Career Numbers: 19.2 ppg 3.6 rpg 9.3 apg
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]

He should have been my favorite player; after all he was the guy who childhood team to the their first World Championship. He entered the league while I was in elementary school and was a media superstar in Detroit who never stopped smiling. It

Isiah is quite high