Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WOJ: Festus Ezeli has reached agreement on 2 year deal with the Blazers

Default Re: WOJ: Festus Ezeli has reached agreement on 2 year deal with the Blazers

Little less. $7.3 and $7.4 million.

Default Re: WOJ: Festus Ezeli has reached agreement on 2 year deal with the Blazers

holy shit that's cheap

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Someone please explain to me how Mozgov got $16 million a year.

I know rim protectors are valuable and all of that, but... wut.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

the lakers are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    holy shit that's cheap
    Its really low risk but from what I watched from the Warriors last season he kinda sucks. Could hardly catch the ball, has tons of defensive lapses and on offense he is only capable on being the roll man.

this legit pisses me off. Mosgov is out there looking like a corpse and he is getting double what this guy gets...

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    this legit pisses me off. Mosgov is out there looking like a corpse and he is getting double what this guy gets...
    Not to derail the thread, but I have to touch on this. And, it is part of the story now because Ezeli is a better and younger player than Mozgov, imo, and he was paid over double the money for double the years.

Who is making moves for the Lakers right now?

They've tanked themselves into some nice young talent and I do think Lakers fans have reason to be excited about the future because of that young core they're building, but giving Mozgov a FOUR YEAR, $64 million contract is going to prove to be a fire-able offense, imo.

If they just wanted to reach the salary floor, I would understand possibly giving the guy $16 million a year for one or maybe two seasons, if you're feeling generous. But four years at that number?

Is this Jeanie Buss? No offense to any of our potentially woman posters (they don't exist), but this seems like the kind of move someone who has no clue the way basketball works would make.

I don't believe Luke Walton had anything to do with this move, because it's just too terrible and he's not a dumb guy. Maybe he told the front office that Mozgov was a guy he had interest in having on the roster, but no way was he involved on the contract stuff at that number.

Is Mitch Kupchak having some kind of early onset dementia that the public doesn't know about?

I need to know who made that call. And, they need to be exiled from the NBA. This is coming from someone who has watched Timo play every minute of his last two seasons. He's not a bad player and he'll help the Lakers, but he was worth about what Ezeli got today ... maybe a little less because of his injury concerns and age.

What are they thinking?

Was really worried when Portland was first linked with Ezeli that he would command so much more, but getting him at such a cheap price compared to the rest of the market is fantastic.

Jury is still out on how good he is, he was pretty bad in the Finals but for such a good price I'm really happy that he ended up on the Blazers.

Lakers taking another L.

I'm in shock...Mitch ****ed up.

Lakers free agent priority and first phone call was Mozgov. Blazers waited final minutes and got Ezili for peanuts.

Very good NBA starter

Moz is a better player.

Smarter
    Better rim protector
    Passer
    Offensive skills.

Ezeli can roll and is more athletic..that's it.

Not to derail the thread, but I have to touch on this. And, it is part of the story now because Ezeli is a better and younger player than Mozgov, imo, and he was paid over double the money for double the years.

They've tanked themselves into some nice young talent and I do think Lakers fans have reason to be excited about the future because of that young core they're building, but giving Mozgov a FOUR YEAR, $64 million contract is going to prove to be a fire-able offense, imo.

If they just wanted to reach the salary floor, I would understand possibly giving the guy $16 million a year for one or maybe two seasons, if you're feeling generous. But four years at that number?

Is this Jeanie Buss? No offense to any of our potentially woman posters (they don't exist), but this seems like the kind of move someone who has no clue the way basketball works would make.

I don't believe Luke Walton had anything to do with this move, because it's just too terrible and he's not a dumb guy. Maybe he told the front office that Mozgov was a guy he had interest in having on the roster, but no way was he involved on the contract stuff at that number.

Is Mitch Kupchak having some kind of early onset dementia that the public doesn't know about?

I need to know who made that call. And, they need to be exiled from the NBA. This is coming from someone who has watched Timo play every minute of his last two seasons. He's not a bad player and he'll help the Lakers, but he was worth about what Ezeli got today ... maybe a little less because of his injury concerns and age.

What are they thinking?
    It wasn't Luke's Call, but apparently Brian Shaw's

Made that high school varsity squad

What are they thinking?

Maybe Walton had something to do with it, and give a bit of help to his Warriors.